ADVERTISEMENT

Burks

ORCAT

All-American
Jan 7, 2003
Lexington, KY
Very good late pickup. I'm liking what I'm seeing from him tonight and think he coukd give some decent bench minutes fir us this season. I wasn't much impressed with him until tonight but he seems to be more relaxed and playing better offensively and defensively. Not saying he's a star but he could contribute some this season.

Very good late pickup. I'm liking what I'm seeing from him tonight and think he coukd give some decent bench minutes fir us this season. I wasn't much impressed with him until tonight but he seems to be more relaxed and playing better offensively and defensively. Not saying he's a star but he could contribute some this season.
I have to agree. He was almost completely unheralded, a 3-star guy originally going to Ole Miss, until they fired Kermit Davis. Truly, I expected almost nothing from him. When he came into the game against Germany, I asked my son "who is THAT guy?" He didn't know, either. We had to look him up.

But hey, he surprised me in pretty much every game he played. He appears to be a pretty solid scorer. He runs the floor well. He finishes well. He has good hands. He needs to get stronger, but join the club! I think he can contribute this year. I never would have expected it.

Reactions: ORCAT
Probably a year away if not 2 but has a lot to work with. Definitely had the tools to be a really good player down the road. As of now, I’m hoping it’s mainly spot minutes in foul trouble situations.

Definitely like what I saw from Burks. He has good hands and basketball instincts. Solid frame and should be able to add additional weight and muscle as the season goes along.

I highly doubt he plays much this year but kudos to him for really stepping up with Adou in foul trouble tonight. You can tell he’s a little bit of just a ball player with a knack for scoring(in a good way). As someone who hadn’t seen much of him and knew him to be a tall wing that was a prolific scorer but not a great shooter…I expected him to be a better athlete. He’s not very explosive or quick.

However, I think he could develop into a pretty good college 4 by his junior year if he sticks with it and develops in limited opportunities assuming he sticks it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT