ADVERTISEMENT

Burks set to commit at 9 am

2T2vioM.gif

Yes UK basketball has come to this now getting pumped on a ⭐️⭐️⭐️ about to commit to the program. I hope we get him to have another body and hope he’s here long enough to develop and become a good player.
I am not happy with the direction of the program either but to be fair we did the same with Vinnie Zollo and Dakotah Euton. We also had a guy turn us down for prep school at the end of Tubby's tenure so let's not act like our entire history has been nothing but elite guys.

I am not happy with the direction of the program either but to be fair we did the same with Vinnie Zollo and Dakotah Euton. We also had a guy turn us down for prep school at the end of Tubby's tenure so let's not act like our entire history has been nothing but elite guys.
Man I totally understand we have to get players that stay and develop for a few years too that’s part of basketball. My next point is the whole time Cal has been here how many times has players actually stayed and developed into basketball players? Or should I say waited there turn? I mean you probably can count them on one hand in 14 years that Cal’s been here that’s just not part of his nature. His program has been ran as a one and done and that’s why he’s always attracted these players.

Calipari loves to say during halftime, or after, a terrible shooting day, "I told them, you don't have to make them all, you just can't miss them all."

This guy would put Cal in the territory of Reeves' K-State performance - 1-15. But it'd be a start.
Maybe as close as this guy has ever gotten to approaching criticism of Cal.

Proud of you

Common theme on every one of those guys you just mentioned is that they were all at the end of the coach’s tenure here. They all signaled the end.

Calipari loves to say during halftime, or after, a terrible shooting day, "I told them, you don't have to make them all, you just can't miss them all."

This guy would put Cal in the territory of Reeves' K-State performance - 1-15. But it'd be a start.
A start to what?

Curious - anyone ever watch an OTE game? It looks like AAU ball. I'm not going to be swayed by the whole "leading scorer in OTE" ... just looking for a guy who can at least contribute off the bench when needed and not look like a walk-on out there.
Yes, I agree with you. OTE is a lot of up and down like AAU, however, there are pro guys everywhere in an OTE game.

To me averaging 27 a game in OTE is light years better than 27 a game in a normal high school against a bunch of 5'10 to 6'4" kids

you are correct, but neither coach was as arrogant as ccc. no other coach spewed the crap about eating first, recruiting only the best of the best, etc. This arrogant used car salesman has even alienated the big $ donors. Even though these other coaches were "lesser" coaches, they still did not have loosing records or disrespect the fans or the university, nor were they paid $9 million a year.

Listen I’ve heard from a reliable source that actually broke the news Kentucky was getting a “surprise” a couple of weeks ago, this person said Burks is a VERY elite player and he’s honestly a 4/5 star recruit. He also said Kentucky fans wanted “straight dawgs” and they got one with Burks. He also said “Livingston couldn’t hold this kids jock strap” so take that for what you want lol

Rep for Cyborg Eddie...up the Irons...

PaltryYawningFlyingfox-size_restricted.gif
Easily the best Eddie no? Top 3 album from them too. Their new tour where they're playing Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land, Heaven Can Wait, and for the first time ever Alexander the Great. Some of the fan recorded YouTube videos sound surprisingly good, and while I've thought Bruce has been straining on quite a few of the higher notes for the last 15 years, they still sound excellent all things considered.

Easily the best Eddie no? Top 3 album from them too. Their new tour where they're playing Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land, Heaven Can Wait, and for the first time ever Alexander the Great. Some of the fan recorded YouTube videos sound surprisingly good, and while I've thought Bruce has been straining on quite a few of the higher notes for the last 15 years, they still sound excellent all things considered.
First saw them at Cincinnati Gardens in '82 and several times since...stage show and performance always top notch.

@ Riverbend couple years back, BD voice wasn't bad...but nowhere as good as Halford, who's still crushing it live in his 70's...

I'll have to go with the Beast Eddie and Piece of Mind album.

First saw them at Cincinnati Gardens in '82 and several times since...stage show and performance always top notch.

@ Riverbend couple years back, BD voice wasn't bad...but nowhere as good as Halford, who's still crushing it live in his 70's...

I'll have to go with the Beast Eddie and Piece of Mind album.
Halford is definitely showing his age too, and while his range is still impressive he's always been more pitchy than Bruce. The two GOATs though, so that's splitting hairs.

Beast Eddie is also great, and Piece of Mind is the first album that solidified the Maiden sound going forward. For me, it starts INCREDIBLY strong, with some of Maiden's best ever tracks, Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, Flight of Icarus, Die with your Boots On, and the Trooper might be one of the strongest first 5 tracks of any metal album. But it falls apart after that for me as the last 4 songs are completely forgettable to me.

I gotta go Powerslave #1, Seventh Son #2, Somewhere in Time #3. Though on any given day, Book of Souls and The Final Frontier could sneak in and replace one of those, the new stuff is definitely more progressive and longer songs filled to the brim with epics instead of just one or two, but they definitely hold up. If they did those 2 albums in the 80s/90s when Bruce was in his prime they might be #1 and #2 for me.

For Priest, its tougher because they've evolved sounds a number of times and its a bit hard to compare the eras and all of them are fantastic. But I'd go with Screaming for Vengeance as their best album cover and #1 Defenders of the Faith, #2 Sad Wings of Destiny, #3 Stained Class. Though I think their strongest stretch is Screaming - Painkiller. I've not been able to get into anything post Painkiller though. A few tracks on Firepower have some of the old magic, but I didn't care for the direction after that.

Halford is definitely showing his age too, and while his range is still impressive he's always been more pitchy than Bruce. The two GOATs though, so that's splitting hairs.

Beast Eddie is also great, and Piece of Mind is the first album that solidified the Maiden sound going forward. For me, it starts INCREDIBLY strong, with some of Maiden's best ever tracks, Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, Flight of Icarus, Die with your Boots On, and the Trooper might be one of the strongest first 5 tracks of any metal album. But it falls apart after that for me as the last 4 songs are completely forgettable to me.

I gotta go Powerslave #1, Seventh Son #2, Somewhere in Time #3. Though on any given day, Book of Souls and The Final Frontier could sneak in and replace one of those, the new stuff is definitely more progressive and longer songs filled to the brim with epics instead of just one or two, but they definitely hold up. If they did those 2 albums in the 80s/90s when Bruce was in his prime they might be #1 and #2 for me.

For Priest, its tougher because they've evolved sounds a number of times and its a bit hard to compare the eras and all of them are fantastic. But I'd go with Screaming for Vengeance as their best album cover and #1 Defenders of the Faith, #2 Sad Wings of Destiny, #3 Stained Class. Though I think their strongest stretch is Screaming - Painkiller. I've not been able to get into anything post Painkiller though. A few tracks on Firepower have some of the old magic, but I didn't care for the direction after that.
I gotta go:

Unleashed
Hell Bent
British Steel

79' Unleashed tour @ Riverfront Coliseum w/ festival seating was my second show...Priest opening up for and mopping the floor with Kiss. [laughing]

I gotta go:

Unleashed
Hell Bent
British Steel

79' Unleashed tour @ Riverfront Coliseum w/ festival seating was my second show...Priest opening up for and mopping the floor with Kiss. [laughing]
Those are all good choices too, hard to go wrong pre-1995. Delivering the Goods is my favorite track by them, so Killing Machine is up there too. Diamonds and Rust on Unleashed is fantastic.

If we're talking live albums though, Beast Over Hammersmith is perfect. Hearing Bruce on all the best tracks from the first 2 albums with the energy of just joining the band is epic.

That puts you around 60. Just WOW! A older, grown man chasing people around the internet, posting immature photoshops, etc. thanks for the belly laugh. See ya. I’ll leave with a huge smile, knowing you’re a blue hair that never became a mature adult. I win because you already lost. Everytime I see your jibberish I see a little old dork. LMAO!!

You're in the minority. Great first post,,,,LMAO.

lSPNLzv.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT