ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Auguste commits to Kentucky

247 has Auguste as the 110 best OT. Wolford really wanted him. With Strey committed we have two true OT's. And we are in good shape with Jermiel Atkins that is also a true OT from OH. All three of these OT's have the necessary size to work with. They are 6-6 to 6-8 and all three already around 300. Wolford is getting guys that can physically turn into good SEC players. He is getting them here, now we will see in time how hard of workers these guys are. They have SEC size, it's up to them of how much they want on the football field. Auguste did not have offers from the bigger programs. But Wolford saw something in him to think he has a chance.

But Wolford saw something in him to think he has a chance.

We are getting spoiled by seeing commitments with 25+ offers.

With 14 or so commitments, Auguste might join the long list of Josh Allen, Quinton Bohanna, Logan Stenberg, etc. that made football careers without overwhelming offers.

Interestingly, to date, he might be the only one of our current commitments with this few offers.

And to be entirely accurate, Auguste’s offer sheet is far superior to many we could list who have started at UK.

247 has Auguste as the 110 best OT. Wolford really wanted him. With Strey committed we have two true OT's. And we are in good shape with Jermiel Atkins that is also a true OT from OH. All three of these OT's have the necessary size to work with. They are 6-6 to 6-8 and all three already around 300. Wolford is getting guys that can physically turn into good SEC players. He is getting them here, now we will see in time how hard of workers these guys are. They have SEC size, it's up to them of how much they want on the football field. Auguste did not have offers from the bigger programs. But Wolford saw something in him to think he has a chance.
For some reason...I tend to trust Wolfords eye for talent. Even a lightly offered kid is fine with me as he knows a good Oline IMO.

He did recruit Kiyante Goodwin and Nikolas Hall his first stent here.....even though we got nothing from them...I thought they had great potential.

And, to Hack's comments, it's not like his offer sheet is bereft of P4 offers: WVU, Pitt, BC, UofL, Syracuse, Ga Tech, IL, IN. Certainly not the who's who of CFB, but all of those teams have players in the NFL. They're legit (well, maybe not UofL :) ). Good size, from a state that produces a ton of talent and Wolford has a rep for being a top recruiter. I'm more than happy to welcome this young man aboard!

For some reason...I tend to trust Wolfords eye for talent. Even a lightly offered kid is fine with me as he knows a good Oline IMO.

He did recruit Kiyante Goodwin and Nikolas Hall his first stent here.....even though we got nothing from them...I thought they had great potential.

I think those comments are especially accurate with a kid like this...seems I read the kid had a strong performance while camping at UK. If so, it wasn't just film, etc that Wolford liked, but there was something he saw in person, which carries even more weight to me.

I think those comments are especially accurate with a kid like this...seems I read the kid had a strong performance while camping at UK. If so, it wasn't just film, etc that Wolford liked, but there was something he saw in person, which carries even more weight to me.
Auguste evaluation on film points out how well he can move and his power. Has a quick first step and can pull with ease. Locks on defenders well and can get to the second level. So this skill level puts Auguste as a LOT. Wolford also likes incoming Juco Anfernee Creese 6-6 310 at LOT. So with ROT Strey coming in and a good chance of getting OT Atkins soon where does this put Wood? The OT room is getting bolstered quickly.

Auguste evaluation on film points out how well he can move and his power. Has a quick first step and can pull with ease. Locks on defenders well and can get to the second level. So this skill level puts Auguste as a LOT. Wolford also likes incoming Juco Anfernee Creese 6-6 310 at LOT. So with ROT Strey coming in and a good chance of getting OT Atkins soon where does this put Wood? The OT room is getting bolstered quickly.
Glad you mentioned Crease, I think he'll be a factor. And don't forget Dylan Ray, apparently finished Spring as M. Cox's backup at LT.

As for Wood, IIRC last fall both Coen/Yenser were effusive in their praise of his work ethic/attitude. There was a mention of his having gained a lot of good weight, was actually over 300 now and that M. Cox had taken him under his wing. Think he finished Spring as backup at RT. Hope he doesn't get rabbit in his blood, hangs tight and keeps working.

Auguste and Atkins are more projects like Wood and will need a couple years of S&C plus development. By the time they’re ready wood will be a SR, so I doubt they pass him. Hopefully Wood can keep developing and get some snaps this year. He has the size and athleticism to play OT.

Batman Dancing GIF
Adam West Dancing GIF

Haitian heritage, it seems. Didn't we have a Florida kid of same last name committed or on the board earlier in Stoops era? DB?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT