ADVERTISEMENT

Brutal stat just heard on KSR

If that’s true, then I think it shows what’s wrong with a lot of the media these days. Cause you’re basically saying that if Matt was in Cal’s good graces, then he wouldn’t be calling him out for his BS and underperforming. And you’re probably right, but that should never be the case. It’s media’s job to question when someone making 9-10 mil a year is just mailing it in. But like I said the other day, you won’t see Dick Gabriel, Dave Baker, Tom Leach, Kyle Tucker, John Clay, Mark Story, or Larry Vaught talking about these pitiful stats. They are all shills.
I think Matt calling him out during the 9-15 season is what got their relationship to the place it is now. I'm not the biggest Matt fan but I have to say he is critical of the coaches and program when it is warranted way more than most of our local "media" people are. Now with that said if he were still in Cal's good graces he wouldn't be going at him as hard but I have no doubt he would still call him out.

And in the next sentence they will all say "There is no other coach I'd rather have for this job than Cal"....it's mind bogglng those guys takes after all these stats.

Reactions: Gromcat
The evidence that Calipari is a used car salesman is plentiful and easily available, if you're willing to see it.

Here's another hot take that many Calipari supporters aren't going to like....
He doesn't get players to the NBA that weren't already headed there anyway. In fact, I would say he may be holding some guys back as far as their stock value coming out of college. Look at the players who were just above average at UK but, made a almost immediate huge impact after getting to the NBA.
You can't tell me Calipari made guys like KAT, Booker and Herro better while they were at UK. And that's just three names.
Did their bodies and minds mature some in the few short months they were on campus? Sure but, that's something we all did. Calipari takes a lot of credit for those NBA salaries when in fact his role in their lives was closer to that of a train conductor.
I would have agreed with this post if you didn’t throw KAT in there. Hell yeah that guy got better playing at UK. He was a 7 foot shooting guard in high school who was turned into a dominant low post stud and the #1 pick. Even Herro was thought of as an NBA player coming out of high school, but he turned into one after a single season at UK. It’s safe to say he got better.

So yes, you can say guys like Wall, Cousins, and Davis were headed to the league regardless. But then you have guys like Herro, SGA, and Quickley who came out of nowhere and made it because they got better while playing at UK.

So is that stat, 11-19 the real stat or not? Lmao damn.
We all should all just start making up (not that we have to) stats to make Cal look bad and see which one the KSR crew pick up and say on air. Make sure no one corrects anyone.

First one to make MJ say on the radio that’s the most obviously wrong stat gets a prize!

That doesn't look like it adds up. Still not good, but I come to different numbers. Since 2015, and I'll include Big East for "P6" (which doesn't help us, we're 0-1).

2023: 0-1
2022: 2-2
2021: 0-5
2020: 4-2
2019: 4-2
2018: 3-3
2017: 4-4
2016: 3-4

Total: 20-23, or if you start with the 2017 elite 8 loss 13-16
And to add to that, if you remove the games that CC didn’t want to add to the official record, games that he said was on him, and games he wished that he could redo, well then my friend you have a winning record.

Last edited:
We all should all just start making up (not that we have to) stats to make Cal look bad and see which one the KSR crew pick up and say on air. Make sure no one corrects anyone.

First one to make MJ say on the radio that’s the most obviously wrong stat gets a prize!
Sounds like "wrong on purpose" strikes again. 🤣

Reactions: ganner918
uR cHeRrY pIcKiNg!

Funny I don’t see MDWildcats55, sejonesy, cal4three, or any of the other 4 or 5 cal cultists in here. Must be hoping that drops to page 3.
Wait ... wait ! ! ! How can you omit Herro's Heroes from the list of Cal Cultists ???

Actually, still terrible.
And not just being dragged down by the disaster season. We're 2-3 against non conference P5 since then. Really you can break Cal's tenure into 3 chunks:

2010-2015: 39-14 (74%)
2016-2020: 18-15 (55%)
2021-2023: 2-8 (20%)

And in the next sentence they will all say "There is no other coach I'd rather have for this job than Cal"....it's mind bogglng those guys takes after all these stats.
They know he has a lifetime contract and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon so they hope and pray he wakes up and changes his priorities and gets back to winning games and trying to get another Title.

Jones also said that 11-19 record against non-conf P5 teams represented the last 6 years - fwiw.

Another interesting stat.
Cory Hensley

@c12hensley

Replying to
@BRamseyKSR
Here’s the problem Kentucky has to score more. I went yesterday all the way back to the 16-17 season through this season so far. When Kentucky is held to 71 points or less at the end of regulation they are 35-41. Happened 11 times last year and they went 4-7 in those.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Unless my math is off somewhere, going back to the 2016-17 season, UK is 16-16 against non conference Power 5 schools
If you only include P5 (so excluding Louisville before 2015, excluding West Virginia before 2013, excluding Connecticut, excluding teams like Seton Hall and Providence I'd initially included with the Big East as P6) you get

2019: 4-1
2015: 7-1
2014: 3-3
2013: 1-2
2012: 7-1
2011: 5-1
2010: 4-0

So I have 17-18 from 2017 on, or 13-14 from 2018 on (last 6 years)

Last edited:
That's a disgusting stat but also one that you didn't need the exact numbers to feel. Said it on Tues before the game, but you can't talk your way into being an elite team. You have to beat teams you should. Doesn't mean they are pushovers but this year's Kentucky team should be beating this year's Michigan State team. That didn't happen because guys have been brainwashed excuses. This "We've not played together" crap is a joke.

If you project something onto your team, they'll listen. Cal needs to quit with the fear/angst videos of "Be patient". Nobody expects an undefeated season or perfect play each game but they do expect Kentucky's program not be an L any game the opponent has a pulse. To paraphrase Cal, "you don't have to win them all, but you can't lose them all".

Reactions: STL_Cat and qwesley
Kentucky is 11-19 in it’s last 30 non-conference power 5 games. Absolutely inexcusable.

$9.5 million a year for this.

Edit: Looks like it’s 20-23 since 2016. Still terrible but not sure where KSR got this number.
Don't believe anything you hear on KSR. It is a cesspool of hate toward Cal now that Cal has called out Matt Jones.

And not just being dragged down by the disaster season. We're 2-3 against non conference P5 since then. Really you can break Cal's tenure into 3 chunks:

2010-2015: 39-14 (74%)
2016-2020: 18-15 (55%)
2021-2023: 2-8 (20%)
$%*&

2015 just killed Cal didn't it? The man hasn't been the same since.

I get it. It hurt me too. Too until Fox and Monk to really feel good again, but then after that, took until last year to kind of have solid hope.

It's time to get pissed off Cal. It's time to metaphorically put the hurt on some folks. And not the fan base.

Reactions: ganner918
That doesn't look like it adds up. Still not good, but I come to different numbers. Since 2015, and I'll include Big East for "P6" (which doesn't help us, we're 0-1).

Looks like Matt Jones using fake news to exaggerate his agenda again.

If you only include P5 (so excluding Louisville before 2015, excluding West Virginia before 2013, excluding Connecticut, excluding teams like Seton Hall and Providence I'd initially included with the Big East as P6) you get

2019: 4-1
2015: 7-1
2014: 3-3
2013: 1-2
2012: 7-1
2011: 5-1
2010: 4-0

So I have 17-18 from 2017 on, or 13-14 from 2016 on (last 6 years)
Yes, this is consistent with what I have.

Oh snap you know the law is gonna be laid down when JP Scott comes to da house. He ain’t lettin’ nothin’ get by.

Another interesting stat.
Cory Hensley
@c12hensley

Replying to
@BRamseyKSR
Here’s the problem Kentucky has to score more. I went yesterday all the way back to the 16-17 season through this season so far. When Kentucky is held to 71 points or less at the end of regulation they are 35-41. Happened 11 times last year and they went 4-7 in those.
People talk about pressing but it is the lack of use athleticism in the half court that bothers me. It was refreshing to see Wallace improvise off his man to get steals against MSU. And OT had a great one that was called his 4th foul. Going back to St. Peters, UNC overwhelmed their screen game with traps and hard hedges while we passively switched and let them get downhill. He has to start giving them some freedom on both ends.

So you’re saying we still suck, we just don’t suck as bad if you include the year before. My sincere apologies to Orlando “Tubby” Smith. I’d take him back right now.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Absolute MF abomination what this program is going through at the hands of this guy. This is classic John Calipari. He doesn’t give a shit and wants you to know it. He’s not doing his job, he doesn’t prepare, he doesn’t have teams ready, and worst of all people still defend this.

Gtfo with this bs.
I have wondered what exactly does he do in practice. I used to take in account that his teams were young But he hasn't had young teams the last couple of years and still doesn't teach anything.

I have wondered what exactly does he do in practice. I used to take in account that his teams were young But he hasn't had young teams the last couple of years and still doesn't teach anything.

I don’t think they do much of anything. They just run some easily understandable bs players learned at the last level. He’s not gonna put time into this program. He fooled barnhart that was nothing but a ploy to get paid and lock in. He’s doing this to get rich and promote his player network and that’s it. He’s not going to spend time coaching and teaching.

We better not allow him to get so ingrained he has influence over the next guy.

Reactions: blue woman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT