ADVERTISEMENT

Briscoe is now... a Bodega owner?!

LineSkiCat14

All-American
Aug 5, 2015
http://www.gobigbluecountry.com/isaiah-briscoe-business-owner-newark/

Hey, get it any way you can. This actually isn't a bad idea at all. Maybe Briscoe's calling is in business. Business and..

giphy.gif

He’s playing in Poland for a top-tier team.

A guy who can make money playing basketball and invest in businesses at his age is ahead of where about 99 percent of Americans were before they turned 25, including me.

Way to go, Isaiah. Keep building on that start.

A guy who can make money playing basketball and invest in businesses at his age is ahead of where about 99 percent of Americans were before they turned 25, including me.

Honestly, that's ahead of like 99.99%. I can't tell if he bought the business or the business AND building.. but it seems like the latter based on his quote about building blocks? If so, he's making some solid moves. Can't play basketball forever, but you can sell 40's into your 90s.

Reactions: ashbergh
I don't even know what a Bodega is ... anyway I think he should get into smoked brisket .. just sounds right " Briscoe's Brisket"
Basically a locally owned convenience store. Sometimes there is prepared food served.

I don't even know what a Bodega is ... anyway I think he should get into smoked brisket .. just sounds right " Briscoe's Brisket"
I didn't either, so I Googled it. As others ^ ^ ^ have said:

A bodega is a small corner store or market that sells groceries and wine. Many bodegas are located in Spanish-speaking neighborhoods of large cities. If you visit New York City, you'll see bodegas, little shops where people buy groceries and small items.

Doesn't look like the kind of neighborhood where you'd want to step out of bounds.......

They usually aren't lol. Beverly Hills doesn't have Bodega's put it that way. A few of my favorites when I was in the Bronx (The 2nd one used to be called Kazakhstan, but it looks like they classed it up a bit):

jasper-deli.jpg

bBzkeg8MsfF8U4-wClSx3uHPOUTWp8TZaupmA_swsra-FarlnSqq2nPJjqqy1HU0OqD5aVcW1gRsBoo9AI5Ge9LpmlkYyaSwKtU4Ed3KElek0HBL80zrK2S-0jCJ7WToLkjErz3jXVzsP3c

RIVERDALE(1).png

Reactions: Baller Cal

Yep and he even got a small amount of NBA run too and he might make it back. Briscoe was a really good college player and he is great pro for that level. If he could shoot well zero doubt he would be in the NBA . Kid could drive at will and was a elite defender.

The comments to the Tweet about this story included his senior year highlight tape from HS. I watched it and just shook my head. That kid didn't show up in Lexington - or, he did, and lost all confidence. It is amazing what confidence does to a basketball player.

The comments to the Tweet about this story included his senior year highlight tape from HS. I watched it and just shook my head. That kid didn't show up in Lexington - or, he did, and lost all confidence. It is amazing what confidence does to a basketball player.
Never got to be THE GUY even though he sure as hell had the ability.

12 5 4 was still amazing for him to put out as the third ball handler

In HS he had that Jersey flashy kind of style of playing . Those kind of players seem to have a hard time adjusting to the college style of play . Even then he wasn’t bad he just didn’t live up to his HS ranking.

Yep and he even got a small amount of NBA run too and he might make it back. Briscoe was a really good college player and he is great pro for that level. If he could shoot well zero doubt he would be in the NBA . Kid could drive at will and was a elite defender.
With a dawg personality to match. Remember when he strapped Grayson Allen his freshman year in the champions classic.

Never got to be THE GUY even though he sure as hell had the ability.

12 5 4 was still amazing for him to put out as the third ball handler
Briscoe paired with a Herro and Lamb type backcourt would’ve showcased his skillset. He was a great defender too. Team isn’t championship caliber in 2017 without Briscoe.

Good for Zay. One of the most underrated players of the Cal era. If he only got to play the 1 instead of the 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT