ADVERTISEMENT

Bring him home NOW!

We can buy him out if we hire Sumrall. UK can afford it.
No, they cannot afford 44 million dollars for a buyout and hiring a new coach. Idk what UK you’re taking about but it sure as hell isn’t the university of Kentucky. Buyouts are paid by boosters and Joe craft isn’t going to pay anything towards firing his friend stoops. We don’t have Texas A&M money, not even close.

I get that people are mad, I am too, but that’s just not going to happen. We have to hope he is willing to retire or structure a reduced buyout.

No, they cannot afford 44 million dollars for a buyout and hiring a new coach. Idk what UK you’re taking about but it sure as hell isn’t the university of Kentucky. Buyouts are paid by boosters and Joe craft isn’t going to pay anything towards firing his friend stoops. We don’t have Texas A&M money, not even close.

I get that people are mad, I am too, but that’s just not going to happen. We have to hope he is willing to retire or structure a reduced buyout.
It’s paid on an annual basis over the length of his contract..$6.5 per year. Hire Sumrall at $5.5 million per year and you’re at $12 million annually, or $3 million more than we pay now. UK has a $175 budget…they can find $3 million per year.

Kentucky can’t afford to do that, they have to hope stoops quits
It’s paid on an annual basis over the length of his contract..$6.5 per year. Hire Sumrall at $5.5 million per year and you’re at $12 million annually, or $3 million more than we pay now. UK has a $175 budget…they can find $3 million per year.

They aren’t going to do that my friend. It’s not going to happen. Post as many comments as you want, they will not be doing that.

I want him gone too, but that is just not going to happen.

They aren’t going to do that my friend. It’s not going to happen. Post as many comments as you want, they will not be doing that.

I want him gone too, but that is just not going to happen.
Where did I say they are going to do that? I’m saying it’s doable financially. People don’t know how the buyout works. They all think you need to have $40 million right away. Hell, they will probably lose close to $1 million per game between tickets and concessions if attendance goes down 10,000 per game. So, add in that lost revenue of $7-$8 million per year too.

I have liked CMS for a long time, and have not really given an opinion on him being retained or not. But something is different about him now, not sure what it is, his recent loss or something else. Just doesn't have the same fire he had last year. I wouldn't be shocked if he approached ADMB about negotiating a buyout at end of season, may already have.

And Sumrall is at the top of everyone's wish list, rightfully so he has been successful everywhere he has been. But there are no guarantees, Kirby Smart could have been the next Jim Donnan or successful. Sumrall could turn his alma mater into a power or he could become the next Scott Frost who likewise was dominate at lower levels. Good luck with the decisions facing UK fans and administration.

Jon Sumrall. Get it done Mitch, then you retire. Pope and Sumrall in same year. Two class acts. Two Kentucky boys. Mitch goes out on top..or bring Stoops back.
Stop with the “Kentucky boy” nonsense. Didn’t the Joker Phillips fiasco teach y’all anything? That should not be a relevant consideration in a coaching search.

Besides, Sumrall is actually from Alabama and Pope from Washington. They were never Kentucky “boys.”

I have liked CMS for a long time, and have not really given an opinion on him being retained or not. But something is different about him now, not sure what it is, his recent loss or something else. Just doesn't have the same fire he had last year. I wouldn't be shocked if he approached ADMB about negotiating a buyout at end of season, may already have.

And Sumrall is at the top of everyone's wish list, rightfully so he has been successful everywhere he has been. But there are no guarantees, Kirby Smart could have been the next Jim Donnan or successful. Sumrall could turn his alma mater into a power or he could become the next Scott Frost who likewise was dominate at lower levels. Good luck with the decisions facing UK fans and administration.
I think he’s just exhausted. Not easy coaching here and navigating NIL with Barnhart has been a challenge (which is why he wanted to leave last year)

Reading this thread, it’s laughable all these actuaries on here that act like they know what a University can and cannot afford.

The SEC's 2022–2023 fiscal year payout to its 14 schools was $741 million, or an average of $51.2 million per school. This was an increase from the previous year's average of $49.9 million per school.

From the bowl payout alone they could pay him off in one year if they wanted to so don’t act like it can’t happen. Not that they will do that but if they want him gone then there is a way, just like that other guy last year. The product on the field this season is unacceptable. It’s embarrassing, especially coming into a season where they sold out season tickets.

The last 4 games of the season should be about getting the younger games some in game reps to see who is ready to step up. The Smith Brothers, Brian Robinson, Cutter Boley, Jason Patterson and Wilcox along with Gilmore and the younger receivers, maybe even a tight end. Scrap whatever this crap offense is and go straight to attack football. This two possessions a quarter, boring garbage we have seen this year is god awful to watch. Our punter absolutely sucks as well.

Time to make the changes. And it can be afforded.

That budget goes to every sport not just football. And if he gets fired Kentucky has to pay him the buyout it’s not a deferred payment situation
I don't see him quitting. 6.5 million a year with $250K a year increase until 2031 is too much to let go with no other options waiting in the wing.
I think with his mother passing combined with the past couple of years, retirement for him is a lot closer than we all realize

That budget goes to every sport not just football. And if he gets fired Kentucky has to pay him the buyout it’s not a deferred payment situation

I think with his mother passing combined with the past couple of years, retirement for him is a lot closer than we all realize
I understand the budget is for the entire department. UK doesn’t spend their entire budget every year. Last year, their expenses were less than their revenue. They can easily afford 1.7% of the budget.

The buyout is paid out over the life of his contract, so equal payments through 2031.

Why would you hire a defensive coach when you have the worst offense in the country?
Defensive coach, offensive coach it does not matter.

Kirby Smart, Georgia's Coach was Defensive Coordinator for Bama. Do they want to score and beat the shit out of you as much as they can? He's proved that.

Dan Lanning, Oregon's Coach, was Defensive Coordinator Georgia. My ducks beat the shit out of Illinois yesterday, 35-9.

When Dan Lanning was hired he wanted to bring a defensive minded style to Oregon's typical high octane offense. They got their ass beat against Georgia. He changed his philosophy. Look where he is now.

What matters is philosophy. Stoops, like Cal is stuck in the OLD days. Change sucks when you don't want it, those fellas make millions to ADAPT.

Nick Saban changed his philosophy mid season a few years back. His QB wasn't a fit for his offensive. What happened. He swapped his philosophy mid season and they won Saban's last title.

Philosophy and willing to adapt that philosophy to your game is what breaks the threshold of a coach who is good to great. Not willing to do that, you stay stagnant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT