ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking down the Cats and Racers

UKErik

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Sorry about being MIA folks! I've been overseas for a couple of weeks. Putrid internet connection since I've been gone. Can't believe I actually missed the Kentucky/Florida broadcast. Pretty bitter about it actually (LOL). I was probably in, I don't know, maybe elementary school the last time I missed a televised UK football game. Of course, I MISS THIS ONE! Unreal. Kinda goes along with being a UK football fan for 40 years doesn't it??? Tom Leach saved the day for me, but missing that game absolutely sucked. Anyway, it's good to be back on the board. Headed back to the states today. Looking forward to the Cats moving to 3-0 against a Murray State team that I know nothing about. I was a little disappointed that Kentucky didn't take Florida's place in the top 25, but not surprised I guess. I couldn't be happier for Mark Stoops and the team. Hope they can put up some big number this weekend.

Line: There doesn't appear to be one
Series History: Kentucky leads 1-0
Game Time: Noon Eastern
Television: SEC Network Alternate

Kentucky offense vs. Murray State defense: Advantage Kentucky
I know absolutely nothing about the Murray defense, but if Kentucky can run the football against Florida in the Swamp, I like their chances against the Racers. I think QB was one of the bigger concerns most of us had entering the season. As far as potential goes, those concerns aren't nearly as "concerning" as before. Terry Wilson has seemingly limitless potential. A true playmaker and game changer IMO. The TD pass he had to Bowden last week was big time. That was a laser that went for 60+ yards in the air. He's a helluva runner as well. I'm sure some fans are hesitant to jump on board due to the mistakes, but I could care less about those. Turnovers happen. Hopefully, Wilson can limit 'em. His potential though...that's what every program wants at QB. UK finally has it! Benny Snell...this guy could actually become the leagues ALL-TIME leading rusher if he continues to play at a high level and returns for one more season. What game he had down at Florida It appears the OL did one helluva job as well (no, I still haven't seen the replay, just a lot of highlights). It still appears UK is having a problem getting Conrad involved at the level I'd love to see, but you can't argue with 2-0. It's tough to have much of an opinion on how these teams matchup (since I know nothing about Murray), but I'd imagine Kentucky will dominate at the LOS and score 50+. It would be nice to see Terry Wilson play a clean game and get some of the WR's a little more involved. Those guys are gonna be needed down the road.

Kentucky defense vs. Murray State offense: Advantage Kentucky
I know absolutely nothing about the Murray offense, but if Kentucky can hold Florida to 16 in the Swamp, I like their chances! It looks like Murray has struggled to score touchdowns so far. Their quarterback doesn't look like much of a dual threat (based on 15 seconds of research). The Racers didn't even put up 300 yards last week. I'd imagine this matchup will be a mismatch. Hopefully, UK stays healthy and gets a lot of guys some reps.

Special Teams: Advantage Kentucky
I have to say, it's essentially impossible to do one of these not knowing a damn thing about the opponent LOL. Not to mention missing UK's last game (NEVER thought I'd say that). UK gets the edge here just because.

Murray will win if...UK turns the ball over about eight times and Murray returns some of them for scores.

Kentucky will win if...they show up and take the game seriously. I'd think the talent disparity here is pretty significant.

Prediction: Kentucky 59 Murray State 10...Cats start off a huge three game home stand in style. They could probably score more if they want.

Previous Picks
None

GBB!!!

Sorry about being MIA folks! I've been overseas for a couple of weeks. Putrid internet connection since I've been gone. Can't believe I actually missed the Kentucky/Florida broadcast. Pretty bitter about it actually (LOL). I was probably in, I don't know, maybe elementary school the last time I missed a televised UK football game. Of course, I MISS THIS ONE! Unreal. Kinda goes along with being a UK football fan for 40 years doesn't it??? Tom Leach saved the day for me, but missing that game absolutely sucked. Anyway, it's good to be back on the board. Headed back to the states today. Looking forward to the Cats moving to 3-0 against a Murray State team that I know nothing about. I was a little disappointed that Kentucky didn't take Florida's place in the top 25, but not surprised I guess. I couldn't be happier for Mark Stoops and the team. Hope they can put up some big number this weekend.

I know absolutely nothing about the Murray defense, but if Kentucky can run the football against Florida in the Swamp, I like their chances against the Racers. I think QB was one of the bigger concerns most of us had entering the season. As far as potential goes, those concerns aren't nearly as "concerning" as before. Terry Wilson has seemingly limitless potential. A true playmaker and game changer IMO. The TD pass he had to Bowden last week was big time. That was a laser that went for 60+ yards in the air. He's a helluva runner as well. I'm sure some fans are hesitant to jump on board due to the mistakes, but I could care less about those. Turnovers happen. Hopefully, Wilson can limit 'em. His potential though...that's what every program wants at QB. UK finally has it! Benny Snell...this guy could actually become the leagues ALL-TIME leading rusher if he continues to play at a high level and returns for one more season. What game he had down at Florida It appears the OL did one helluva job as well (no, I still haven't seen the replay, just a lot of highlights). It still appears UK is having a problem getting Conrad involved at the level I'd love to see, but you can't argue with 2-0. It's tough to have much of an opinion on how these teams matchup (since I know nothing about Murray), but I'd imagine Kentucky will dominate at the LOS and score 50+. It would be nice to see Terry Wilson play a clean game and get some of the WR's a little more involved. Those guys are gonna be needed down the road.

I know absolutely nothing about the Murray offense, but if Kentucky can hold Florida to 16 in the Swamp, I like their chances! It looks like Murray has struggled to score touchdowns so far. Their quarterback doesn't look like much of a dual threat (based on 15 seconds of research). The Racers didn't even put up 300 yards last week. I'd imagine this matchup will be a mismatch. Hopefully, UK stays healthy and gets a lot of guys some reps.

I have to say, it's essentially impossible to do one of these not knowing a damn thing about the opponent LOL. Not to mention missing UK's last game (NEVER thought I'd say that). UK gets the edge here just because.

Murray will win if...UK turns the ball over about eight times and Murray returns some of them for scores.

Kentucky will win if...they show up and take the game seriously. I'd think the talent disparity here is pretty significant.

Prediction: Kentucky 59 Murray State 10...Cats start off a huge three game home stand in style. They could probably score more if they want.

Previous Picks
None

GBB!!!
Welcome back, Erik! Should go without saying, you can't watch UK-UF live again! Lol

Good to see youre back, the board was in a mild metdown.

LOL Comebackatz3. Missed being on the board. Still CAN NOT f-ing believe I missed that football game. And I still haven't been able to see the replay. My goodness .

GBB!!!

You're gonna love it man. We DOMINATED in the trenches...both sides of the ball too.

Previous Picks
None

GBB!!!
Look here son you gonna have to let us know the next time you decide to take off and not tell anybody!!:joy::joy::joy:set your dvr on secN at 9:30 pm for sec inside and 4:30am for sec film room, you'll enjoy them both and I guess you'll have to YouTube the game unless you set your dvr before you left...you'll totally enjoy it!!

Glad to have ya back buddy!
s-l1000.jpg

I've been a lurker here for years...and Erik your posts and good nature on this board were truly missed.

You even have respect on the Louisville boards. You are the most uniting figure in the bluegrass since Mr. Bill Keightley!

Glad to have you back, especially since we are winning the EAST this season!

Previous Picks
None

GBB!!!
Yay!! @UKErik is back. We will cancel the search parties.

Reactions: vikingfer

Previous Picks
None

GBB!!!

Sure missed your input last week you had us all worried.Yes you missed one hell of a game I've rewatched it 3 times.

at one point you were rumored to be dead.

Fortunately, the rumors were greatly exaggerated!

We will cancel the search parties.

I understand one search party got lost in Jefferson County, near the U of L campus, and is battling a bullshit blizzard to get back home!

Erik, you're a fixture, like Leonard Posttoasties!

[Get me outta' here, Percy.]

Fortunately, the rumors were greatly exaggerated!

I understand one search party got lost in Jefferson County, near the U of L campus, and is battling a bullshit blizzard to get back home!

Erik, you're a fixture, like Leonard Posttoasties!

[Get me outta' here, Percy.]
When they make it back make sure they are completely disinfected, clothes burnt and completely washed with lye soap

Welcome Erik! I obviously do not know you outside of this forum, but great see to all is well.

If Kentucky wins this game, there will be a case for them being ranked. They would be 3-0 and will have beaten a ranked team on the road.

Depending on who loses, that would be enough to get them ranked

If Kentucky wins this game, there will be a case for them being ranked. They would be 3-0 and will have beaten a ranked team on the road.

Depending on who loses, that would be enough to get them ranked

I doubt that will be enough to make believers out of the poll voters. We will need to beat Miss. State to do that IMO.

I doubt that will be enough to make believers out of the poll voters. We will need to beat Miss. State to do that IMO.

We are already at 32. With a win at 3-0 and a road win over a ranked opponent, we should be good. It will depend on who loses though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT