ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking down the Cats and Racers

Sorry about being MIA folks! I've been overseas for a couple of weeks. Putrid internet connection since I've been gone. Can't believe I actually missed the Kentucky/Florida broadcast. Pretty bitter about it actually (LOL). I was probably in, I don't know, maybe elementary school the last time I missed a televised UK football game. Of course, I MISS THIS ONE! Unreal. Kinda goes along with being a UK football fan for 40 years doesn't it??? Tom Leach saved the day for me, but missing that game absolutely sucked. Anyway, it's good to be back on the board. Headed back to the states today. Looking forward to the Cats moving to 3-0 against a Murray State team that I know nothing about. I was a little disappointed that Kentucky didn't take Florida's place in the top 25, but not surprised I guess. I couldn't be happier for Mark Stoops and the team. Hope they can put up some big number this weekend.

Line: There doesn't appear to be one
Series History: Kentucky leads 1-0
Game Time: Noon Eastern
Television: SEC Network Alternate

Kentucky offense vs. Murray State defense: Advantage Kentucky
I know absolutely nothing about the Murray defense, but if Kentucky can run the football against Florida in the Swamp, I like their chances against the Racers. I think QB was one of the bigger concerns most of us had entering the season. As far as potential goes, those concerns aren't nearly as "concerning" as before. Terry Wilson has seemingly limitless potential. A true playmaker and game changer IMO. The TD pass he had to Bowden last week was big time. That was a laser that went for 60+ yards in the air. He's a helluva runner as well. I'm sure some fans are hesitant to jump on board due to the mistakes, but I could care less about those. Turnovers happen. Hopefully, Wilson can limit 'em. His potential though...that's what every program wants at QB. UK finally has it! Benny Snell...this guy could actually become the leagues ALL-TIME leading rusher if he continues to play at a high level and returns for one more season. What game he had down at Florida It appears the OL did one helluva job as well (no, I still haven't seen the replay, just a lot of highlights). It still appears UK is having a problem getting Conrad involved at the level I'd love to see, but you can't argue with 2-0. It's tough to have much of an opinion on how these teams matchup (since I know nothing about Murray), but I'd imagine Kentucky will dominate at the LOS and score 50+. It would be nice to see Terry Wilson play a clean game and get some of the WR's a little more involved. Those guys are gonna be needed down the road.

Kentucky defense vs. Murray State offense: Advantage Kentucky
I know absolutely nothing about the Murray offense, but if Kentucky can hold Florida to 16 in the Swamp, I like their chances! It looks like Murray has struggled to score touchdowns so far. Their quarterback doesn't look like much of a dual threat (based on 15 seconds of research). The Racers didn't even put up 300 yards last week. I'd imagine this matchup will be a mismatch. Hopefully, UK stays healthy and gets a lot of guys some reps.

Special Teams: Advantage Kentucky
I have to say, it's essentially impossible to do one of these not knowing a damn thing about the opponent LOL. Not to mention missing UK's last game (NEVER thought I'd say that). UK gets the edge here just because.

Murray will win if...UK turns the ball over about eight times and Murray returns some of them for scores.

Kentucky will win if...they show up and take the game seriously. I'd think the talent disparity here is pretty significant.

Prediction: Kentucky 59 Murray State 10...Cats start off a huge three game home stand in style. They could probably score more if they want.

Previous Picks
None

GBB!!!

Yeah Baby!!!

Reactions: merrimanm
UK Eric Murray State runs a Air Raid offense. The coach is a former Valdosta St. (Hal Mumme) coach. The sling it around a bunch with short yard stuff. QB has thrown it to 15 different players, he is not very accurate (less than 50% completion rate). They have a few athletes, have turned it over a tone in the red zone shooting themselves in the foot.

That is about all i got.

UK Eric Murray State runs a Air Raid offense. The coach is a former Valdosta St. (Hal Mumme) coach. The sling it around a bunch with short yard stuff. QB has thrown it to 15 different players, he is not very accurate (less than 50% completion rate). They have a few athletes, have turned it over a tone in the red zone shooting themselves in the foot.

That is about all i got.
Looks like Benny had more rushing yards against Florida than Murray State's entire team through two games. I really hope we get a convincing performance on both sides of the ball against these guys.

Sorry about being MIA folks! I've been overseas for a couple of weeks. Putrid internet connection since I've been gone. Can't believe I actually missed the Kentucky/Florida broadcast. Pretty bitter about it actually (LOL). I was probably in, I don't know, maybe elementary school the last time I missed a televised UK football game. Of course, I MISS THIS ONE! Unreal. Kinda goes along with being a UK football fan for 40 years doesn't it??? Tom Leach saved the day for me, but missing that game absolutely sucked. Anyway, it's good to be back on the board. Headed back to the states today. Looking forward to the Cats moving to 3-0 against a Murray State team that I know nothing about. I was a little disappointed that Kentucky didn't take Florida's place in the top 25, but not surprised I guess. I couldn't be happier for Mark Stoops and the team. Hope they can put up some big number this weekend.

I know absolutely nothing about the Murray defense, but if Kentucky can run the football against Florida in the Swamp, I like their chances against the Racers. I think QB was one of the bigger concerns most of us had entering the season. As far as potential goes, those concerns aren't nearly as "concerning" as before. Terry Wilson has seemingly limitless potential. A true playmaker and game changer IMO. The TD pass he had to Bowden last week was big time. That was a laser that went for 60+ yards in the air. He's a helluva runner as well. I'm sure some fans are hesitant to jump on board due to the mistakes, but I could care less about those. Turnovers happen. Hopefully, Wilson can limit 'em. His potential though...that's what every program wants at QB. UK finally has it! Benny Snell...this guy could actually become the leagues ALL-TIME leading rusher if he continues to play at a high level and returns for one more season. What game he had down at Florida It appears the OL did one helluva job as well (no, I still haven't seen the replay, just a lot of highlights). It still appears UK is having a problem getting Conrad involved at the level I'd love to see, but you can't argue with 2-0. It's tough to have much of an opinion on how these teams matchup (since I know nothing about Murray), but I'd imagine Kentucky will dominate at the LOS and score 50+. It would be nice to see Terry Wilson play a clean game and get some of the WR's a little more involved. Those guys are gonna be needed down the road.

I know absolutely nothing about the Murray offense, but if Kentucky can hold Florida to 16 in the Swamp, I like their chances! It looks like Murray has struggled to score touchdowns so far. Their quarterback doesn't look like much of a dual threat (based on 15 seconds of research). The Racers didn't even put up 300 yards last week. I'd imagine this matchup will be a mismatch. Hopefully, UK stays healthy and gets a lot of guys some reps.

I have to say, it's essentially impossible to do one of these not knowing a damn thing about the opponent LOL. Not to mention missing UK's last game (NEVER thought I'd say that). UK gets the edge here just because.

Murray will win if...UK turns the ball over about eight times and Murray returns some of them for scores.

Kentucky will win if...they show up and take the game seriously. I'd think the talent disparity here is pretty significant.

Prediction: Kentucky 59 Murray State 10...Cats start off a huge three game home stand in style. They could probably score more if they want.

Previous Picks
None

GBB!!!

He’s back!!!!!!!!!!!! Let’s go

giphy.gif

Glad you are OK and are back for footbal season and really sorry u missed the game

Reactions: merrimanm and kev69
LOL Comebackatz3. Missed being on the board. Still CAN NOT f-ing believe I missed that football game. And I still haven't been able to see the replay. My goodness .

GBB!!!

I got it if you ever want to see it, I could watch it another 5 times. :)

Reactions: merrimanm

Previous Picks
None

GBB!!!
Glad you are back some we're going to doxx you the rest of us have no idea what that is,sounded bad.We're you on a double secret mission for UK.

I was pretty sure I knew where Erik was the past few weeks but didn't want to say anything. I'll risk it now. His day job is with a 3 letter company - let's just say it is the Cats Information Authority and it sometimes requires travel. If you read his above post closely with the help of Alan Turing's grandson and a certain device you might learn something about the developing middle east crisis over who really created Baklava.

That's all I can say and have probably said too much. :eyes: &:ear:all over.

Peace

Reactions: The-Hack and TIE543
I know this sounds weird, but I was legitimately worried about you, man! So glad to read your write-up and know you’re back in the game!

Go Big Blue!

welcome back...almost... So glad everything is ok in your world.
Thank's for the write up and just keep them coming..

GBB

Erik, buddy, I love you man, but I'm a bit superstitious, so you're going to have to get your ass back on that plane and fly back across the pond every time we play a big game. At least until we know for sure if that was the good luck charm or not. If you can't get out of the country, you'll have to at least not watch the game. TIA for your understanding and support [cheers]

Line on 5Dimes is UK -31 yesterday it was UK - 36 1/2 which mean some serious money was dropped the other way.[/QUOTE]

That is interesting and not that encouraging. Placed several bets on other games but UK''s game was off the board at my local book.

UKEric is in actuality Q of conspiracy fame. He's able to return to the country because he finally got banned from the internet. WWG1WGA!!

And apparently I'm not the only one who noticed we didn't get a breakdown of the Gators, and won. Coincidence?? I think not!

Welcome back. You may have noticed, you've turned into kinda' a big deal around here.

Eric, I don't care where you've been or for what reason. I am just so excited to hear that you are OK.

I've been on this board since it started, and I can honestly say you are the only football voice I have ever followed or listened to. Thanks for everything you bring to this board, and my education and understanding of UK football.:cool2:[banana][thumb2]:clap::okay:

Reactions: NewWildcatOrder
Erik, buddy, I love you man, but I'm a bit superstitious, so you're going to have to get your ass back on that plane and fly back across the pond every time we play a big game. At least until we know for sure if that was the good luck charm or not. If you can't get out of the country, you'll have to at least not watch the game. TIA for your understanding and support [cheers]
This...... U aren't watching the MSU game Erik.....:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Glad U are back!!

Line on 5Dimes is UK -31 yesterday it was UK - 36 1/2 which mean some serious money was dropped the other way.

That is interesting and not that encouraging. Placed several bets on other games but UK''s game was off the board at my local book.[/QUOTE]

Most books don't list games between FBS schools and non-FBS opponents. 5 Dimes is one that does.

Reading your game breakdowns is one of my UK football game week rituals. Welcome back!

Line on 5Dimes is UK -31 yesterday it was UK - 36 1/2 which mean some serious money was dropped the other way.

That is interesting and not that encouraging. Placed several bets on other games but UK''s game was off the board at my local book.[/QUOTE]
Most likely a reflection of Stoops' history of not running up the score and once we are in control not playing 1st or 2nd string guys with Miss St next week.

SIU scored 3 defensive TD's against Murray in their 49-10 win,Central Arkansas only won 26-13.We should put 40+ on the board and I don't see us giving up more than 2 TD's

Maybe Hoak and Clark get to see the field(Hoak as early as 2nd quarter.)

I think we cover 31 but they call it gambling for a reason.

Not too bad a stab at the final Erik. Great to have you back. Looking forward to the next write up. This is going to be a long week.

Previous Picks
None

GBB!!!
Sorry Eric, but you cannot watch UK-Fla ever again and we would prefer it if you would leave the country when they play :)

No excuse for not giving us the enjoyment of your forecasts---------unless you think they were jinxing us, and I don't think they were.

A great season in progress, come enjoy it.

Reactions: Littlefeller
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT