ADVERTISEMENT

Brea trending towards Uk

Just said we are gaining momentum- also that we were the leader for Mahaney but UCONN upped the offer and UK declined to match- if UK had matched he was ours, we were in the lead but we chose not to.

So basically, we didn't lose Mahaney, we walked away instead. And now we're in the lead for Brea.
If things went down as you stated, we did the right thing walking away.

That commercial had been added to my most hated list for quite a while. I listen to a lot of radio and their commercials are the worst. They have an ability to stick with you longer than a bad tv commercial.
This is my official commitment song. Heard it Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and we got a commitment each day.
😎

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Just said we are gaining momentum- also that we were the leader for Mahaney but UCONN upped the offer and UK declined to match- if UK had matched he was ours, we were in the lead but we chose not to.

So basically, we didn't lose Mahaney, we walked away instead. And now we're in the lead for Brea.
I just saw UConn’s roster and they have like 13-14 or player now if diarra karaban and that backup big comeback, which all 3 are expected to, so if they got brea they would have to move off of scholarship to do it

Bidding war for someone who is more concerned about th "I" that's not in "team"?
Seems like been doing that for a decade or so.

How'd that work out for us?
Then we are going to suck. Players have agents who are looking out for the individual, not the team. That's the norm now. Good coaches will form the team. Players get paid.

Any speculation why we appear to be walking away from every single bidding war?

Reactions: mailman85
Yeah, I know. I also know I'm not talking to Pope on here. Just the usual meatheads who think we're above if all.
We have a long history if not 'being above it all' but you wanna pay a kid that's telling you he won't play your system????

That's NBA partner. If that's what you want, there's plenty teams that would be glad to have your Fandom.

Back to the question you didn't answer....how's that worked for us the past ten years?

Yeah, I know. I also know I'm not talking to Pope on here. Just the usual meatheads who think we're above if all.
Your comments and/or opinions about the so-called meatheads are pointless because they are not the ones making coaching decisions. It is amazing how fans like you who have no idea as to what is going on pretends to have all the answers. Pope has clearly stated that he is looking for team players, players who care about the outcome of the team. If each player is trying to unreasonably grab all the cash for himself, Pope may not view that type of player as ones he wants to coach. As with you, I don't know why he is making the decisions that he is, but I trust him and what he is trying to do.

Your comments and/or opinions about the so-called meatheads are pointless because they are not the ones making coaching decisions. It is amazing how fans like you who have no idea as to what is going on pretends to have all the answers. Pope has clearly stated that he is looking for team players, players who care about the outcome of the team. If each player is trying to unreasonably grab all the cash for himself, Pope may not view that type of player as ones he wants to coach. As with you, I don't know why he is making the decisions that he is, but I trust him and what he is trying to do.
We mostly agree. But every time someone floats a rumor that we missed a player over money, folks line up to say "good riddance". Agents know stars and role players. We're going to pay extra for a few stars. Missing ain't always good.
I do trust the coach.

Reactions: LmdCat
We have a long history if not 'being above it all' but you wanna pay a kid that's telling you he won't play your system????

That's NBA partner. If that's what you want, there's plenty teams that would be glad to have your Fandom.

Back to the question you didn't answer....how's that worked for us the past ten years?
Who said that stuff about refusing to play our system? And for that "how'd that work out" attempt at the last word? Run upstairs and read it to mother, I'm sure she'll be impressed. I just read Blowhard.

Reactions: mailman85
That Ivy curry guy we were looking at for PG when cal was here may be a option again
Why are we talking about another PG when we have Lamont Butler - the PG who played in the NCAA Tournament championship game two years ago for San Diego State. Butler hit the shot at the buzzer to beat Florida Atlantic and put S.D. State into the finals against UConn. Also ... Butler was 3x All-Defensive Team in the Mountain West Conference. Haven't we already signed Butler ???

Reactions: Catfan2226
Pope uses analytics in his selection process. It's quite possible if a player is asking for a ton of money, he has another player waiting in the wings that matches up analytically that wants less, is more of a team player, ECT. Also, we have no idea how much we paid for the players we do have. Pope is having to buy an entire team. Sure, we have a lot of NIL but probably not enough to get into a crazy bidding war with everyone we want. Once we get to the point where we only need 5-6 players in a year, yeah we can probably do that. Pope has to play things smart for now. And unless you've been close to being a Rhodes scholar, it might behoove you to hold off on questioning his methods at least until we see the results. I'm not near as smart as he is, so I'll trust him until he gives me reason not to. But you do you.

Just guessing but I'd say once we make our initial offer, the players agent then does what he does best and informs the other contending team of said offer.
Then some back and forth until it becomes clear that said player or players agent is just using us to drive his price up.
At this point we can play the price wars or simply say no, we looking elsewhere.

Maybe because it might be wise not to develop a reputation as a program that will just ante up any time someone demands a higher offer… particularly when there are LOTS of talented players and the talent difference between most of them is arguably negligible.

It’s one thing to (supposedly) have the resources to outbid most competitors for a player, but it doesn’t mean we have to engage in every bidding war that presents itself. Perhaps the coaching staff believes it is wiser to keep some of that powder dry for circumstances when they believe they have a must get, generational type of player in their sights.

Why are we talking about another PG when we have Lamont Butler - the PG who played in the NCAA Tournament championship game two years ago for San Diego State. Butler hit the shot at the buzzer to beat Florida Atlantic and put S.D. State into the finals against UConn. Also ... Butler was 3x All-Defensive Team in the Mountain West Conference. Haven't we already signed Butler ???
Butler is gonan play off the ball

Reactions: BassProCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT