ADVERTISEMENT

Brea trending towards Uk

If he doesn't get much off the dribble then Chandler would be better than him at the two. Chandler is an effective three level scorer. Much better than a one level scorer.
Chandler hasn't proven he can score at any level in college. Proven v/s unproven. Especially a kid who played high school ball in Utah and hasn't played organized ball in 2 years. He will be a typical freshman, only 2 years older and 2 years away from the game. He MAY turn out to be a dynamic three level scorer, but I do not expect it day 1 or even year 1. We know Brea CAN shoot, he has already proven it.

Both Brea and Robinson can play the 3. Smith or Small either one would be a nice fit. Would be flexible with Off/Def. having defensive solid Butler at PG to go along with assist of Smith and / or scoring of Small. Smith averaged over 7 assist per game, while averaging over 40% from 3FG, he only took 2.5 (making 1) per game. The bulk of his 13 PPG came from 4 made 2's per game and 2.3FT's. he is a more driving, score at the rim, hit the open man than Small. But a capable 3 point shooter, just not his MO.

Small on the other hand, better / versatile scorer (2 made 3's / 5.6 made 2's / 3.5 FT's) over 15 PPG, but less assist (4.1). Smith is a 37.4% 3FG shooter with a higher volume.
Smith brea Robinson Carr and osobor would be name new unstoppable as a scoring lineup

Exactly just the short time he’s had he’s building one heck of a roster…… You’re correct give him time especially for the 25-26 roster and that one will be unbelievable. He really put a staff together too love the way this is really turning out.
Finish this roster out strong and play at a high competitive level next year, Even if we don't win it all, just advance to the second week of the tourney and the future should take care of itself. We will prove that Pope can get us beyond what Cal did with less Burger Boys. Recruiting will become easier and easier and we will be able to be more selective.

If we get brea & robinson. Does Kentucky need another 2 guard? And who do we want the PG to be?
Giant gaping hole in the team is elite dribble penetration and shot creation. Osobor would be a great 2nd shot creator from post ups and drives. But we gotta have an elite dribble penetrator and shot creator for all the set shot shooters Pope signed so far. Butler is decent in a pick and roll but we need somebody elite at turning the corner and beating their man off the bounce to put the defense in rotation. That’s the PG we need

Smith brea Robinson Carr and osobor would be name new unstoppable as a scoring lineup
Agree, but with that lineup, could we get stops ? Would need Williams, Oweh, or Butler mixed in to help on the defensive end. Not saying play all 3 or even 2 at the same time, but would SOME defense, LOL. Be fun as hell to watch for sure.
PG - Smith
2G - Oweh
SF - Robinson
PF - Osobor / Carr
C - Williams

Giant gaping hole in the team is elite dribble penetration and shot creation. Osobor would be a great 2nd shot creator from post ups and drives. But we gotta have an elite dribble penetrator and shot creator for all the set shot shooters Pope signed so far. Butler is decent in a pick and roll but we need somebody elite at turning the corner and beating their man off the bounce to put the defense in rotation. That’s the PG we need
That's what smith is here's hoping transcripts get in order

Agree, but with that lineup, could we get stops ? Would need Williams, Oweh, or Butler mixed in to help on the defensive end. Not saying play all 3 or even 2 at the same time, but would SOME defense, LOL. Be fun as hell to watch for sure.
PG - Smith
2G - Oweh
SF - Robinson
PF - Osobor / Carr
C - Williams
No doubt pope has to mix the lineups up. Butler Williams and Oweh are all versatile and can fit in

Osobor and Brea both coming I believe. Boyed and Robinson would be the icing on the cake and seal the lineup. Work left to be done on the two latter mentioned. Pope has done a great job in a short time. In years to come we will get the high recruits and good portal players. Loving the direction of the program.
That's a Top 15 lineup.

Least I heard it was us competing with Duke and Uconn right? Well uconn just got it's guys, and Duke has the talented class coming in.

1000061427-jpg.567040

TURN IT UP Y'ALL!
That commercial had been added to my most hated list for quite a while. I listen to a lot of radio and their commercials are the worst. They have an ability to stick with you longer than a bad tv commercial.

I would think so. They have both Mahaney and McNeely, it would be kind of crowded with all 3.
I would like to be able to discount UConn's chances, because I think they carry a big stick at the moment. But I'm not so sure about it being too crowded for them to convince Brea.

UConn had two SFs on the roster that were coming back (unless one or both already transferred). And both supposedly had good upside; but were bidding their time as seems to be the way at UConn. Then they landed McNeeley also at SF. Even though Hurley is open about the fact that a freshman is going to have to force himself onto the floor and sure isn’t going to be penciled in as a starter, McNeeley is another player at the position. So, I would guess the 2G spot is more of what UConn would be selling to Brea.

Therefore, I suppose whether or not you think things are getting crowded at UConn for Brea depends on how you look at Mahaney. Is Mahaney going to play PG or 2G for UConn? And who’s to say Mahaney would scare Brea off anyway? Basically, I'd like to feel like you do, but just not that clear to me.

That commercial had been added to my most hated list for quite a while. I listen to a lot of radio and their commercials are the worst. They have an ability to stick with you longer than a bad tv commercial.
I think it is so bad that eventually it turns back into good again. Give it some time and you may get there.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Trilly doesn't make predictions and then flip flop at the last second.

When he makes a prediction, he knows it's solid, and sticks with it. You can go back through his Twitter, you won't find flip flops all over the place.
Did he make a prediction of brea to Kentucky or just say Kentucky may be getting momentum now

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Did he make a prediction of brea to Kentucky or just say Kentucky may be getting momentum now

Just said we are gaining momentum- also that we were the leader for Mahaney but UCONN upped the offer and UK declined to match- if UK had matched he was ours, we were in the lead but we chose not to.

So basically, we didn't lose Mahaney, we walked away instead. And now we're in the lead for Brea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT