ADVERTISEMENT

Braves fans

Been a Braves fan since about 1982. Dale Murphy is my all time favorite Brave. They have sure come a long way since the 80's!!
About time i started.. Probably more like 1984/1985.. Murphy,, Hubbard,, Horner.. We had like 9 or 13 channels and only two that were sports were WGN and TBS.. I HATED HATED Harry Carey's voice.. So ATL it was..

I watched most of it …was an awesome game …of major note was that the TV broadcast crew was Glavine, Chipper and Smoltz …for a regular season early June game was epic
Idk if you know who Frank the tank is. But he is a Mets fan online, who has meltdowns every time they lose, and his one tonight is a all timer

• Haha
Reactions: JST390-2
Murphy highlights on YouTube look insane. I’m too young for him, I got the tale end of chippers career, and the start of this new group
I still think it's wrong that he never got in the hall of fame. I believe two more homeruns may have gotten him there.

Cool story I heard on him. The first year they won the division when he was on the team, they only won it by one game. On the plane ride home, he went to every single player and reminded them of a huge play they made during the season and told them that was the one game they won it by. Pretty classy

Not a Braves fan but the wife and I are headed down to Atlanta and decided to catch a game on Sunday (if it doesnt get rained out). Any tips on things to check out at Truist?

Like a lot of people my age who grew up watching the Braves on TBS I was a fan back in the day. I don't watch baseball anymore but did have an opportunity to go catch a Braves game at Turner field several years ago. The pitching battle was Glavine for the Mets vs Smoltz for the Braves. It was pretty cool to be there.

Been a Braves fan since about 1982. Dale Murphy is my all time favorite Brave. They have sure come a long way since the 80's!!

1969 for me The late great Henry Aaron was/is/always will be my favorite but Murphy will always be a close second. Oh I remember taking my girlfriend (now wife) to her first game in '86. Got there really early when only one gate was open for workers coming in. Asked the guard if we could go in to the restroom. When we came out he was gone and we walked in and got to see both teams take full BP. The only people in the entire Stadium except for workers. She had a big purse - the style for then - and I filled it full of baseballs. We gave them to kids as they started entering the Stadium.

Side note - Dale Murphy should without a doubt be in the HOF. First ever back to back MVP if memory serves.

1969 for me The late great Henry Aaron was/is/always will be my favorite but Murphy will always be a close second. Oh I remember taking my girlfriend (now wife) to her first game in '86. Got there really early when only one gate was open for workers coming in. Asked the guard if we could go in to the restroom. When we came out he was gone and we walked in and got to see both teams take full BP. The only people in the entire Stadium except for workers. She had a big purse - the style for then - and I filled it full of baseballs. We gave them to kids as they started entering the Stadium.

Side note - Dale Murphy should without a doubt be in the HOF. First ever back to back MVP if memory serves.
I really think two more homeruns would have gotten him there.

Totally agree that Murphy should be in the hall.

Two MVPs; seven All-Star appearances; 31 instances of black ink (the average Hall of Famer has 27) and 147 instances of gray (average is 144); and 4 Sliver Sluggers and 398 home runs with (as far as I know) zero accusations of PED use.

His only real weak spot are his defense (he's a great example of why Golden Gloves are a total joke), his lack of postseason success, and his career WAR of 46.5, which was pretty much all accumulated from 1980 to 1989 (and is actually lower than his WAR7).

Anyway.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
My wonderful wife got me an early Father's Day gift which was the MLB package. So I watched my first non-nationally covered game today on Bally sports.
  1. I love this team this year... all seem like great dudes
  2. I was stupidly down on Acuna last year - didn't realize how banged up he still was. Man, what a player he is when healthy and happy.
  3. Our pitching needs to get healthy, but proud of the young guys we brought up
  4. JESSE CHAVEZ!
  5. Ozuna (from the Braves) is getting back to his old self.
  6. Murphy and D'Arnault... I mean are you serious?
  7. Need Harris to get it right... I think he will
  8. Riley's average is rising fast
  9. Olson is my biggest concern. He needs to be a .260 hitter; not a .230 hitter.

They hit the ton out of the ball but our pitching is not very good. That will eventually catch up with them

Awesome lineup here. Dale Murphy, Bobby Cox, Phil Kniekro, John Smoltz, Tom Glavine and Chipper Jones.

F10KpvDXoAUktf-

Don't know about others, but Roger Maris won MVP's in 60 and 61. Cool Maris story. He was best friends with Whitey Herzog. During the winter after Maris hit 61 homers, Whitey was building a house (actually doing it himself). Whitey said Roger showed up with a lunch pail first thing every morning to help him. Wouldn't take a dime for his help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT