ADVERTISEMENT

Branham, who crystal balled Wagner to UL in April, says UK is "still very much alive"

Go ahead and start mentally prepping yourself. This is the biggest recruiting miss of Cals tenure. At one point, Wagner was as in the bag as MKG
So what is it you think Cal is doing wrong on the Wagner kid? So we should start firing/hiring family members as needed? I don't have all the answers but that method feels dirty.

Reactions: coachcombs57
9-16 and losing to St Peter North feels dirty
Yeah, we all know that happened. And Louisville has missed the last couple tournaments, will suck this year, and will hopefully be met with a tourney ban in the fall. I'm not saying Wagner won't go to Louisville, but if he does, it seems as though the only thing that pushes him in that direction is the hiring of his grandfather. You can talk about how badly we've done lately, but Louisville hasn't been lighting the basketball world on fire either.

Will be interesting going forward. Haven't a clue when Wagner will set a date, but my guess is UK is going to be pretty good next season and Louisville is going to be a dumpster fire with looming punishment.

Go ahead and start mentally prepping yourself. This is the biggest recruiting miss of Cals tenure. At one point, Wagner was as in the bag as MKG
That’s what I’m doing, I have just accepted the fact we lost him now. That way if he does commit it will be a welcome surprise.

Yeah, we all know that happened. And Louisville has missed the last couple tournaments, will suck this year, and will hopefully be met with a tourney ban in the fall. I'm not saying Wagner won't go to Louisville, but if he does, it seems as though the only thing that pushes him in that direction is the hiring of his grandfather. You can talk about how badly we've done lately, but Louisville hasn't been lighting the basketball world on fire either.

Will be interesting going forward. Haven't a clue when Wagner will set a date, but my guess is UK is going to be pretty good next season and Louisville is going to be a dumpster fire with looming punishment.
Hopefully all those things happen to Louisville but at the end of the day would that even matter to Wagner?

That’s BS. Wagner’s going to Louisville unless they get a post season ban, which they won’t.

Looking forward to comments from the Wagner camp and gurus following Dilly's commitment tonight.

Branham just posted on UofL board that his confidence is near 100% and the Wagner recruitment has been over for a few weeks now.

He expects DJ to commit sooner than later.
Another premy writer, ON3's Shaw, suggested the same thing today.
The new 'recruiting drama' will be following Bradshaw choosing between UK and UL, or another school.
I like our chances.

I’ve had a feeling for a while that DJ was going to hold off on announcing for UL to give Cal time to receive a Dillingham commitment and somewhat save face.

I don’t think the Wagner family has any reason to want to make Cal look bad.

I agree, but if he’s going to do UL, then having, say, Jackson in the backcourt with Dilly and Reed will be awfully sweet too.
Definitely have plenty of guys left on the board. Let’s reel them in. Just sucks cause DJW was the perfect setup recruit.

Last edited:
DJW might be the best player in the class but if you gave me my pick of anyone in the country to add to this class it’s Justin Edwards. I think he’s a bonafide top 4(DJW, GG, Rob, Justin in some order) guy at the 3 spot when all said and done. I feel confident in at least one 5 star big ending up here, making a true wing my priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Branham just posted on UofL board that his confidence is near 100% and the Wagner recruitment has been over for a few weeks now.

He expects DJ to commit sooner than later.
Hope he's gonna enjoy not being able to play in the tourney. Oh how epic it's gonna be. He commits to UL, and then the 2 year postseason ban hammer comes down in October.

Reactions: Pewee Cat
Hope he's gonna enjoy not being able to play in the tourney. Oh how epic it's gonna be. He commits to UL, and then the 2 year postseason ban hammer comes down in October.

Given how non-active/ineffective Payne has been on the transfer portal, I have a feeling the ban will be for this year when they have no shot anyway. Plus all 9 of their players have another year of eligibility.

@RastasDaddy is an obvious UL troll if you check his post history. No faking covid this year to avoid a beatdown. Can't wait to spank UL's azz and shut up all of you clowns and that stupid "Kenny Payne Won Those Games" shit!

Let’s get us a Ky boy who can play like T Perry and tell Wagner to pound sand. I’m so sick of these primadona one and dones I could puke. They could care less about the school and tradition. Perry gets the name on the front of the jersey. Give him a chance to be a Cameron Mills type player or more.
U of L can have these goons.

Let’s get us a Ky boy who can play like T Perry and tell Wagner to pound sand. I’m so sick of these primadona one and dones I could puke. They could care less about the school and tradition. Perry gets the name on the front of the jersey. Give him a chance to be a Cameron Mills type player or more.
U of L can have these goons.
Unless you have Perry reclassifying to the 2023 class then this makes no sense at all .

Also what makes Wagner a primadona?

• Love
Reactions: jace2012
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT