ADVERTISEMENT

Branham, who crystal balled Wagner to UL in April, says UK is "still very much alive"

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
And even though Branham was the first to pick Louisville as Wagner’s most likely landing spot, seeing the star recruit in Kentucky blue wouldn’t necessarily be a surprise. He told the Herald-Leader over the weekend that he’s standing by his Louisville prediction. He still thinks Wagner ends up there once this is all over. But … “Kentucky is still very much alive in this,” he said. “They’re still going to be a factor. And, frankly, from what I’ve gathered, I do think that Kentucky feels pretty good in this situation. So, still a lot to play out.” So, for UK fans who have followed Wagner these past few years, there’s still hope.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...ecruiting/article261942885.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: chroix
And even though Branham was the first to pick Louisville as Wagner’s most likely landing spot, seeing the star recruit in Kentucky blue wouldn’t necessarily be a surprise. He told the Herald-Leader over the weekend that he’s standing by his Louisville prediction. He still thinks Wagner ends up there once this is all over. But … “Kentucky is still very much alive in this,” he said. “They’re still going to be a factor. And, frankly, from what I’ve gathered, I do think that Kentucky feels pretty good in this situation. So, still a lot to play out.” So, for UK fans who have followed Wagner these past few years, there’s still hope.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...ecruiting/article261942885.html#storylink=cpy
Just trying to keep UK fans reading his posts.

Louisville has looming sanctions. We don't.
I wonder if Milt Wagner knew that before taking that “job”?

Seriously though, DJ’s generation doesn’t care about post season trophies. That just means less games to have to play before getting an agent and some front money before the draft.

I could see DJW had no intentions of playing for Cal, even before KP was hired at U6.

Please do it. I don't care what the position is. I just want it to be so obvious to the NCAA, Emmert and rival fans that we're finally playing the game they've been playing for years. The job title could literally be Assistant "This is made up so we could land a top recruit and clearly, no one cares when teams do this" Manager.

Pay the Dad, secure the recruit.. the job will pay for itself if Wagner is as good as advertised.

Wonder if the rumbling of Dujuan getting hired by UK are true!! That would fire a shot over ULs bow!! Not like daddy couldn’t help our players.

Wonder if the rumbling of Dujuan getting hired by UK are true!! That would fire a shot over ULs bow!! Not like daddy couldn’t help our players.

I just dont know why there is any hesitation. Someone mentioned that's some sort of rule/regulation that we can't hire the Dad or something.. IDK.

But there has to be a loophole someone. Pay him $150k to work in the student cafeteria for all I care. This is such a no brainer.. and no big program can balk, because frankly, they've all done this before, or worse, are dealing with their own cheating scandal.

Right off the bat... Duke, UNC, UofL, Kansas, UCLA, OKState, Memphis have no grounds to stand on, if they try and criticize this. ESPECIALLY because this hire actually has some history, and isn't just some random uncle.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I just dont know why there is any hesitation. Someone mentioned that's some sort of rule/regulation that we can't hire the Dad or something.. IDK.

But there has to be a loophole someone. Pay him $150k to work in the student cafeteria for all I care. This is such a no brainer.. and no big program can balk, because frankly, they've all done this before, or worse, are dealing with their own cheating scandal.
we cant hire him as a on court role assistant. so lets just make up some fake title like ''NIL director''

we cant hire him as a on court role assistant. so lets just make up some fake title like ''NIL director''
I thought there was some kind of rule change about hiring kinfolk. Isn’t that why Milt is not on basketball staff at UL. Heck while we are at it see if his mom has any qualities we can use. Duke got Duhons mom a great job that she wasn’t qualified to hold.

I thought there was some kind of rule change about hiring kinfolk. Isn’t that why Milt is not on basketball staff at UL. Heck while we are at it see if his mom has any qualities we can use. Duke got Duhons mom a great job that she wasn’t qualified to hold.

It's a freaking university and part of the education system.. the whole thing is built on unnecessary administrative jobs lol. Pretty sure you could add a few more, and not one single person would know the difference.

I’ve read “UK still feels good about it” for just about every elite recruit we’ve missed on for the last 5 years
One problem to that is ,was joel justus and tony barbee was saying now we have to competent coaches so we should start landing some fish with those guys fishing!

Seriously though, DJ’s generation doesn’t care about post season trophies. That just means less games to have to play before getting an agent and some front money before the draft.

I could see DJW had no intentions of playing for Cal, even before KP was hired at U6.
That’s how I feel. Most kids don’t care about the school they play for, post season tournament, or any of that.Now It’s about where can I get the most NIL money, benefits etc for one year and getting to the nba as fast as possible. Anyone thinking a postseason ban for UL is a deal breaker is wrong IMO.
You think Sharpe cared about any of that?

That’s 100% bullshit. The Wagner recruitment is over. I think we’ll end up with another point guard that’s just as good, maybe even better. I wish the kid and KP all the luck in the world, except when they play Kentucky.

That’s 100% bullshit. The Wagner recruitment is over. I think we’ll end up with another point guard that’s just as good, maybe even better. I wish the kid and KP all the luck in the world, except when they play Kentucky.
Kinda like the Anthony Davis/Quincy Miller situation. I recall a lot of people on here was begging for Miller & no one was really excited about Davis. We see how that worked out!

Wagner is not the recruit I ever envisioned Cal missing on. Very sad.
I didn't either.
Terribly sad, yes. Wait, he committed to Louisville already? Darn...

My days worrying about the decisions of kids is over, but I do enjoy the constant prognosticating on this board that some see as just fact. There are opinions and there are facts.
Opinion - Wagner will commit to Louisville.
Fact - Wagner hasn't committing anywhere yet.

Terribly sad, yes. Wait, he committed to Louisville already? Darn...

My days worrying about the decisions of kids is over, but I do enjoy the constant prognosticating on this board that some see as just fact. There are opinions and there are facts.
Opinion - Wagner will commit to Louisville.
Fact - Wagner hasn't committing anywhere yet.
Go ahead and start mentally prepping yourself. This is the biggest recruiting miss of Cals tenure. At one point, Wagner was as in the bag as MKG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT