ADVERTISEMENT

Bradshaw Status

arenk

Junior
Jan 3, 2003
Brad Shaw’s boot was supposed to come off on 9 August and he was supposed to be practicing with the team after that. Did one or both of these things happen?

Brad Shaw’s boot was supposed to come off on 9 August and he was supposed to be practicing with the team after that. Did one or both of these things happen?

Heard just because boot is off doesn't mean he will practice anytime soon per Pilgrim. No clue if it is or isn't yet.

Reactions: JCBLUECATNC
I am sure he will be doing light workouts on his own for a few weeks to slowly build the Strength back up in his foot. Maybe a month or so he can start playing pickup with the rest of the team before they all start practice in October. No reason at all he should not be full strength ready in 2 months.

Reactions: gharding07
That’s not called a practice.

So if I go play the guitar to try and get better or work on a song I'm not practicing.

Few of you all need to look up the definition of obtuse...

prac·tice
/ˈpraktəs/
perform (an activity) or exercise (a skill) repeatedly or regularly in order to improve or maintain one's proficiency.

Last edited:
Who is Brad Shaw?
swing swing smile GIF by MaggieRAPT

So if I go play the guitar to try and get better or work on a song I'm not practicing.

prac·tice
/ˈpraktəs/
perform (an activity) or exercise (a skill) repeatedly or regularly in order to improve or maintain one's proficiency.
Yes he is going to play basketball, workout, etc but there are not team practices like the post alluded to until October.

its kinda like when we were in hs. we were not alllowed to practice football. but they would announce over the intercom 'anyone who would like to stay after school and just have some fun and throw football could stay' that was code for we r having practice

Reactions: downthehatch
Yes he is going to play basketball, workout, etc but there are not team practices like the post alluded to until October

But his post was in reference to my post. I never stated we were having team practices. I simply stated that Bradshaw would possibly not be able to practice right when he had the boot removed.

Practice refers to him playing basketball and working on his craft.

Last edited:
Brad Shaw is a 5-star PG from Calipari, Pa.

prac·tice
/ˈpraktəs/

HFFGAIF.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
?

Do you think they guys don't play ball when official practices aren't underway?
For the past few seasons, I have wondered about this. We used to hear stories about pick up games the players were in. We don’t hear about them much anymore. If they only touch a basketball is when the team is practicing then they won’t improve much as an individual player.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
But his post was in reference to my post. I never stated we were having team practices. I simply stated that Bradshaw would possibly not be able to practice right when he had the boot removed.

Lot of AcTUaLlY nerds here love playing dumb gotcha games. Normal humans knew what you meant by practice

Never heard of this Brad guy you are referring to. Now I do knownof a Aaron Bradshaw, but don't know of a Brad Shaw on the team.

Just busting your balls a little, lol.

HagginHall- yes I have heard of it. But he asked if he was practicing, not playing pickup games. Can't have OFFICIAL organized practices until October and I highly doubt he nor UK wants him out running concrete courts playing pickup ball fresh off a surgery. But hey, it would give the negative Bradshaw haters ammo if he were to get hurt doing it. Not a single one would believe him.

We actually will have practices long before anyone is admitting to.

We can actually start team "practices" the first week of school.

42 days before the first game is when OFFICIAL practice can officially start.

Once practice starts, teams can spend up to 20 hours per week of CARA (max 4 hours per day, with 1 required day off).

Prior to that, however, teams can spend up to 8 hours of CARA together per week (typically a 2 hour practice per day, Monday-Thursday). This includes time on the court, as well as the weight room and/or conditioning.

That 8 hours of CARA per week leading up to the first official practice is critical. So much gets done during that time so that the team can hit the ground running on practice #1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT