rick64

All-American
Jan 25, 2007
Louisville, KY

Mitchell: 39 min only 4 FGA, he's got to shoot more than that
Reeves: 7-25 FGA and 3-17 3FGA from UKs 'best' shooter, took 1/3 of UKs FGA
Wagner/Edwards: 1-18 FGA is unacceptable in 54 combined minutes :mad:
UK 2nd half: 6 missed FTs (13-19), 3-15 3pt FGA, 29% FGA 😢
UK 14 point lead with about 16 min to play and up 6 with under 4 min to play, you've got to close games like that out. I know I know UK was missing the 3 big boys and it's the freshmen first big time opponent on national TV.
UK had no answer on defense for Dickinson and Harris (5-6 3pt FGA).
UK held their own pretty well on the boards, 42 vs 45. Only 8 TOs.

Sheppard 13 points in 16 minutes. Wagner 4 points in 25 minutes. Reverse the minutes and we win. That’s on Cal.
Cal will continue that pattern all year and we know that he won’t take Wagner out of the starting lineup. Teams will start backing off him daring him to shoot, like A. Hagens.

Mitchell: 39 min only 4 FGA, he's got to shoot more than that
Reeves: 7-25 FGA and 3-17 3FGA from UKs 'best' shooter, took 1/3 of UKs FGA
Wagner/Edwards: 1-18 FGA is unacceptable in 54 combined minutes :mad:
UK 2nd half: 6 missed FTs (13-19), 3-15 3pt FGA, 29% FGA 😢
UK 14 point lead with about 16 min to play and up 6 with under 4 min to play, you've got to close games like that out. I know I know UK was missing the 3 big boys and it's the freshmen first big time opponent on national TV.
UK had no answer on defense for Dickinson and Harris (5-6 3pt FGA).
UK held their own pretty well on the boards, 42 vs 45. Only 8 TOs.

Outrebound by THREE having no size advantage is impressive. Adou and Mitchell really fought for balls and that shows it.

Harris is what killed us. We knew HD was going to get his. But Harris playing out of his backside is what sealed the deal.

Outrebound by THREE having no size advantage is impressive. Adou and Mitchell really fought for balls and that shows it.

Harris is what killed us. We knew HD was going to get his. But Harris playing out of his backside is what sealed the deal.
And McCullar somehow ending up with a quiet triple-double.

The thing that stands out to me and what I find very surprising is that Adou had the worst plus/minus.

And McCullar somehow ending up with a quiet triple-double.
People act like we lost to a bad team. We didn't . I wasn't overly impressed by them, and don't think they have much growth room, but they aren't bad.

We actually out rebounded them on the offensive glass. I never would've guessed that.

If Edwards or Wagner are not lottery picks, we don't make the Final Four.

We need one of those two to be great.

The thing that stands out to me and what I find very surprising is that Adou had the worst plus/minus.
That's because he was usually in the game at the same time the two trash heap performers (Wagner and Edwards) were in the game.

Wagner had a take to the rim that he missed, would have possibly won the game. How did he miss? No clue, it was literally a lay up. Mind boggling.

I contend that more minutes for Reed and putting Rob back in sooner could have won the game, but never know. They looked rattled in the last three. Maybe we wouldn’t have been in that situation though.

Reactions: CatPhight
I'm still trying to figure out why the 2 best players on the court in the game (Shepp and Dillingham) got 15 minutes each while Wagner and Edwards who gave us NOTHING got about 30 each.

I'm still trying to figure out why the 2 best players on the court in the game (Shepp and Dillingham) got 15 minutes each while Wagner and Edwards who gave us NOTHING got about 30 each.
Dillingham was in foul trouble and fouled out. That’s why he didn’t play more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT