ADVERTISEMENT

Box score (analytics)

He was. He is so aggressive on defense yet so passive on offense It's really strange. He needs to look for his shot more. He passed up 4 or 5 good looks today only for us to settle for worse shots.
Yes he has to be aggressive getting shots from now on . He passed up that open 3 passed to Dilly I was yelling

Reactions: permdaddy
No, Tre Mitchell had the bad game... 2nd half allowed the big Arky comeback with a missed layup, errant pass (turnover), and badly missed outside shots that were wide open...

Oh well... first game back... but I suppose Cal at least eventually recognized it and pulled him...

I don’t claim to be well schooled in analytics, but how do we win a game by 9 and finish the game -30 in net points?

Overall analytics, players Net pts.
Still don’t see a -30. Ugo/theiro/and reeves all combined are -30 is the only thing I can come up with but all the other players are coming up to +71. These are all just individual numbers on how the team fared while they were on the floor.

Edit: I see what you are referring to now in the net points section. No clue honestly. Does look like as a team we gave up around 30 more points than we produced. Weird!!!!

Last edited:
Things I would love to see: better officiating, UK players actually stop players driving to the basket for easy layups, and opponents stop having the game of their career when they play the Cats.
Arkansas came to Rupp with 14 wins and 14 losses and played possessed and certainly didn't look like that
kind of team. It seems every team in the SEC has career games when the Cats are on the court.

Things I would love to see: better officiating, UK players actually stop players driving to the basket for easy layups, and opponents stop having the game of their career when they play the Cats.
Arkansas came to Rupp with 14 wins and 14 losses and played possessed and certainly didn't look like that
kind of team. It seems every team in the SEC has career games when the Cats are on the court.
Because the defense sucks

Reed is a terrible defender, and really doesn't score enough (because of shots he passes up) to warrant a starting spot, IMO. That won't make some here happy, but he needs to come off the bench until he (a) decides to be more aggressive on offense, and (b) commits to guarding his man and not letting guys blow by him. These stats produced by Daddy don't lie.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
Reed is a terrible defender, and really doesn't score enough (because of shots he passes up) to warrant a starting spot, IMO. That won't make some here happy, but he needs to come off the bench until he (a) decides to be more aggressive on offense, and (b) commits to guarding his man and not letting guys blow by him. These stats produced by Daddy don't lie.
Yeah but all our guards get blown by from time to time . It’s just hard not to have it happen in this era of basketball . Guards are way more aggressive .

I think he should start strictly off the offense runs smoother with him running it

Yeah but all our guards get blown by from time to time . It’s just hard not to have it happen in this era of basketball . Guards are way more aggressive .

I think he should start strictly off the offense runs smoother with him running it
He needs to take the open shots, then. Because otherwise he tends to ball-watch and the offense slows down when he's a spectator.

Our guards really struggle to keep anyone in front of them. Like I said earlier, most of the players who cook us are opposing guards. Gotta be better.

Clearly Reed Shepperd is trying to keep his percentages up for shooting. He is playing for shooting records or draft status?

in my opinion sometimes it's what it looks like.

The another answer for him passing on shots is certain defenders intimidate Reed. Guys could be shit talking him. Some defenders make Sheppard unsettled and nervous. Probably just needs more games and performances and it will pass. Eventually turning aggressive against all.

Last edited:
Clearly Reed Shepperd is trying to keep his percentages up for shooting. He is playing for shooting records or draft status?

in my opinion sometimes it's what it looks like.

The another answer for him passing on shots is certain defenders intimidate Reed. Guys could be shit talking him. Some defenders make Sheppard unsettled and nervous. Probably just needs more games and performances and it will pass. Eventually turning aggressive against all.
Ain’t no way Reed Sheppard is “intimidated, unsettled or nervous”, because of a defender. He’s a lot of things but none of those.

Ain’t no way Reed Sheppard is “intimidated, unsettled or nervous”, because of a defender. He’s a lot of things but none of those.
So it's the first reason then?

It's either draft status or he's being guarded really well. Too well for him to be consistently aggressive

So it's the first reason then?

It's either draft status or he's being guarded really well. Too well for him to be consistently aggressive
Draft status? Come on. I think he’s just so unselfish and over compensates a lot to show everyone.

It really doesn’t matter who starts and who comes off the bench. As long as the right people are getting the majority of the minutes. Really sick of hearing who should start. Reed played 34 minutes. Dilly is playing about as much as you can play him because he would foul out with more minutes. Z played about half the game and Bradshaw and Ugo split the other half. It’s actually way more important who finishes games.

Reactions: coachcombs57
They looked like the team that people expected preseason with their transfer all star team. But a love triangle will mess up chemistry everytime

Edwards isn't the superstar I hoped he would be. But to me he seems like a great team player, He wants to play Defense and doesn't really ever force shots just because. Just goes with the flow.
This a great point and I feel the same way. I know he’s not coming back but of all the freshman he could take the biggest leap if he returned for another year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT