ADVERTISEMENT

Boozer twins on campus for OV

Does their dad hate UK? Thought I remember him visiting and us being considered 2nd choice.

Could be wrong though.

Like everyone, I think this is a 2 horse race and we're not one of the 2 horses.

But we got enough respect to grab one of their official visits. That's respect.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Don’t think these kids are locks for anywhere. Coach K isn’t walking through that door.

No reason Cal and company can't convince Booser twins and Peterson to commit and reclass. Make them a offer they can't refuse. Im not talking about a horse head in your bed.Im talking about stacks of Benjamin's in the wall,under your mattress.

I keep hearing that all over the place, I don’t wanna get my hopes up but for some reason they don’t feel locked up to Duke like say the great white hope in 2025.
I think the phrase “He’s a lock” is antiquated. No one is a lock anymore. And once a player accepts an offer, doesn’t mean he’s going to honor it. And once he’s played a season or two doesn’t mean he won’t transfer.

Kind of having a love-really hate moment with NIL cr@p.

I think the phrase “He’s a lock” is antiquated. No one is a lock anymore. And once a player accepts an offer, doesn’t mean he’s going to honor it. And once he’s played a season or two doesn’t mean he won’t transfer.

Kind of having a love-really hate moment with NIL cr@p.
I still wouldn’t think we have a better shot than Duke and I feel like you all will 100% get the best high school player in Cooper Flagg. Assuming he goes to college. Like others have said If Duke offered Reed Sheppard I’d have felt you had no chance even if he visited Duke 3 times and was a priority recruit. I do agree that we have a batter shot because of NIL and the coaching change now though.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
I think they go to Duke, but far from a lock.
Why?
1- K ain’t there no more
2- there was no overlap between Scheyer and Boozer
3- lots of kids of former star players like to create their own path/ legacy, probably more often than not
4- who is expected to return could impact their decision
5- NIL could be a factor

So we have to give them our best shot/sales pitch. But can’t be turning down other top 20 guys for them.

Reactions: gharding07
I keep hearing that all over the place, I don’t wanna get my hopes up but for some reason they don’t feel locked up to Duke like say the great white hope in 2025.
If they don’t go to duke it will probably be Miami, I don’t see them coming to Kentucky

Reactions: Fox2monk
Who was Kentucky's best recruiter?
Scheyer was 27-9 in his first season… won the ACC Tournament… didn’t lose a single conference home game… had a pretty good recruiting class… followed by another one… he didn’t lose anyone to the Transfer Portal. He hired away UK’s best recruiter.

Seems to be doing o

Scheyer was 27-9 in his first season… won the ACC Tournament… didn’t lose a single conference home game… had a pretty good recruiting class… followed by another one… he didn’t lose anyone to the Transfer Portal. He hired away UK’s best recruiter.

Seems to be doing ok.
Here at UK we judge success by NCAA Championships, not by conference championships.

No one is arguing Duke’s recruiting hasn’t suffered post K, but let’s see again what Scheyer can do with that talent…he had the best talent last year IMO.

Seems to be doing ok.
Lucas was our third best recruiter. We took him for his Texas connections, the same reason Scheyer wanted him. The move made sense for Lucas from a longevity standpoint. Cal probably has 4 to 5 years left at UK, whereas Lucas can literally grow old with Scheyer.

But there's also this: go back to your own board. No one wants you here.

I didn’t mean they were. Only that it’s been said that Carlos isn’t necessarily loyal to the new regime. Not sure why.
That’s what I’ve heard too and soley the reason I think we have a better shot than I would normally and why most here don’t. I don’t think it’s like a Reed Sheppard situation in that we don’t have a 0% chance. I’d still be very surprised if we land them though. I’d say we have a 15% chance depending on how they feel about Duke and NIL. Maybe even other players recruited by both schools.

Reactions: UKhoopCat

Seems to be doing ok.
And season cut short to an average UT team. March is really all that ultimately matters.

Doesn't anyone remember Carlos Boozer complaining about his time at Duke after he left for the NBA? Long story short, he said he hated his time there and the Dukies are salty about that.

• Wow
Reactions: mcwildcats04
Doesn't anyone remember Carlos Boozer complaining about his time at Duke after he left for the NBA? Long story short, he said he hated his time there and the Dukies are salty about that.
giphy.gif

Very interesting. I haven't been able to find anything online about that. Seems like that would have been a notable story. You have a link? i do have a friend who had classes with him, and he hasn't heard it either. That would be interesting to read about if it's out there.

Seems to be doing ok.

I hope and expect him to keep doing as ok.

Top 5 team to 5-seed in a garbage conference then blown out in the 2nd round.

Keep it coming.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Wasn’t that Elton Brand??
Elton had an issue with a fan that wrote him a letter telling him how disgusted she was with him leaving after two years and he responded to the letter. Never heard anything about him actually not liking his time at Duke though. I don't know anything other than what was reported and what you can find online though.

Very much FWIW, but Pilgrim thinks right now it's 1.A UK; 1.B Miami; and Duke at 2. Said Mom is leading the recruitment, not Carlos, and she loves Cal.

Reactions: Lukeslaw
Fair statement.
There are absolutely ZERO Duke fans that any UK fan will want to talk to. I don’t care how nice you might be, scram, I hate Duke and by association all of their fans.

Side note: my 17-year-old step son has a girlfriend (rich kid down the street in the affluent ‘hood) whose parents went to Puke. Dumbass showed up at home last week with a tiny Blue Devil keychain they gave him (they know I’m KY fan) to leave around the house to irritate me. I gave it four days before I microwaved that b*tch, put it in an envelope, sealed it and told him to tell her parents thanks for the gift, please accept mine in return.

Next week I’m going to the dollar store to buy an ugly plastic baby, tattoo it with UK stuff and then throw it in their front yard like a shat on old newspaper. Bet they won’t be shaking that baby at the next Puke game,

Last edited:
Very interesting. I haven't been able to find anything online about that. Seems like that would have been a notable story. You have a link? i do have a friend who had classes with him, and he hasn't heard it either. That would be interesting to read about if it's out there.
I know it’s very early, but does duke feel confident with the boozer twins

Reactions: Blueheart32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT