ADVERTISEMENT

Boom this week?

Dave is referencing the boom's sent out by coach F being Robinson from byu taking his name out of the draft and committing to us this week, and his play on words is referring to Simon and garfunkels
Song "Mrs Robinson".
Lyrics here's to you Mrs robinson Jesus loves you more than you will know(other poster referenced 2cd line).
Coo, coo, ca-choo

Reactions: ukfan1622
Popular? How popular? Because I’ve never heard that before in my life.. 😂 I am old and out of touch with a lot of things tho, so it wouldn’t come as a surprise.
Have you not seen the movie, “The Graduate”? If you’re as old as me, how could you not? I saw it in 1968 at EKU.

I’d love the defense and reliable scoring he could give us. But I’d be afraid he would jam up the 1 and the 2 a little bit. I’m not sure I really like the ways we could use our planned-for pieces there around him if he played big minutes and I would think it would be silly to take him and not play him big minutes. SOS at Arizona last year was through the roof so he may have more upside than his straight numbers indicate.
I would look at him like the scoring punch. He would be the offensive option.

Wow. You may be too young for this one. It’s an iconic song from a great album and became even more famous as part of The Graduate soundtrack.

Too young and not my kind of music. I’ve literally probably have watched less than 50 movies in my life. Came from a different breed/cut from a different cloth than most.

My grandparents didn’t believe in watching tv or listening to secular music. I may have picked up not liking television from them, idk. I’m off work today and my television hasn’t been powered on once today. 😆

Graduate-image.jpg
Hoffman was only 7 years younger than Bancroft. (Mrs. Mel Brooks) Mrs. Robinson wasn't even supposed to be 40. She'd had Elaine in college and had to drop out of school.

In a way, that movie foretold our doom: it's famous line "Plastics!" Now, there are microplastics everywhere -- fish, birds, our procreative organs, etc -- and many the ills passed off onto politics and life-style choices are probably due to environmental issues we can hardly see.

Would love to debate music of the 60's all day long but back to the business at hand. If not Robinson then who? We have 2 spots(freshman, overseas player player from the portal)
Finally made it down to Cumberland Co. Bait Shop was closed so we ate at Marcie’s.

Never saw it either.. 😂 My wife use to manage a BlockBuster back in the day and she can’t believe I’ve never watched so many well known movies. I don’t watch much tv outside of sports.

I will get blasted for this but if I watch anything outside of sports it’s Little House on the prairie, Andy Griffith, Bonanza or Sanford and Son. 😂
I was thinking this was Cal until you said you actually watched sports...

Popular? How popular? Because I’ve never heard that before in my life.. 😂 I am old and out of touch with a lot of things tho, so it wouldn’t come as a surprise.
1968 or , maybe 69, from The Graduate. Simon and Garfunkel, Mrs. Robinson. If you were old enough at that time to make sucking action with your lips, you should know this song.

Hopefully it will be a Poplar song reference and we land both Robinson and Wooga.
Robinson and Poplar would be optimal at this point. Don’t think we get both, though.

With both, we would probably have all our bases covered, at least as well as possible:

G Butler/Kriisa/Perry
G Poplar/Brea/Chandler
G Robinson/Oweh/Noah
F Carr/Almonor
F Williams/Garrison

Butler has the experience and leadership having played for a title. Also a lockdown defender.

Poplar, Robinson, Carr, Kriisa, and Oweh are all double digit P5 scorers. Garrison was a P5 starter last season.

Williams is a three time conference DPOY. He has the strength to defend in the SEC.

Brea is the best 3 point shooter in the nation.

Almonor is an excellent depth piece. Should be a solid role player on offense and defense.

Have to think it would be difficult to keep everyone happy with their minutes, but if you could get them all to buy in, that would be a killer team.

Don’t see much room for the Freshmen to play with all those Seniors on the squad.

1968 or , maybe 69, from The Graduate. Simon and Garfunkel, Mrs. Robinson. If you were old enough at that time to make sucking action with your lips, you should know this song.

I was 1 year old in 69 depending on the month and don’t recall relaxing to it while sucking on the nip. 😆

Reactions: sk73
You're 56. You ain't old. Unless you want to feel old. Keep it young inside for as long as you can.

I’m not old, you’re right but I do have some memory issues. I don’t have any history of dementia in my family on either side so I’m hoping it’s part of getting old-er.. lol

Robinson and Poplar would be optimal at this point. Don’t think we get both, though.

With both, we would probably have all our bases covered, at least as well as possible:

G Butler/Kriisa/Perry
G Poplar/Brea/Chandler
G Robinson/Oweh/Noah
F Carr/Almonor
F Williams/Garrison

Butler has the experience and leadership having played for a title. Also a lockdown defender.

Poplar, Robinson, Carr, Kriisa, and Oweh are all double digit P5 scorers. Garrison was a P5 starter last season.

Williams is a three time conference DPOY. He has the strength to defend in the SEC.

Brea is the best 3 point shooter in the nation.

Almonor is an excellent depth piece. Should be a solid role player on offense and defense.

Have to think it would be difficult to keep everyone happy with their minutes, but if you could get them all to buy in, that would be a killer team.

Don’t see much room for the Freshmen to play with all those Seniors on the squad.
Brea is not coming off bench

I grew up with bill haley's rock around the clock, Which paved the way for Elvis and you ain't nothing but a hound dog
I worked with a lady years ago that said she saw Elvis perform at the start of his career. I thought she said it was atlanta, not sure. I guess back then they were booked for multiple days or a week at a time. She went with her girlfriends and by about the 3rd or 4th day the word was out, standing room only and packed houses. She said it was obvious he was a superstar. And she liked that on his first day or two, with a small crowd, he was trying his best to entertain and make everyone happy. She said he acted quite shy and she talked to him on a break and he was incredibly polite. She told him he was polite and his momma raised him right. She said he smiled really big and thanked her.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I hope so and drugged up batman is getting antsy to do his batusi dance need more boom
Batman Dancing GIF

I have an iPhone and I feel the same. I know how to check social media and email and that’s the extent of my knowledge.
The good thing is I know how to get on here and I mostly stay in my lane.
It is interesting that things are almost at a standstill with a new coach.
Lots of new posters I don't remember being on
I have an iPhone and I feel the same. I know how to check social media and email and that’s the extent of my knowledge.
Sums it up.

Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT