ADVERTISEMENT

Booker excited about our backcourt this season.

I think there is a decent chance that Dillingham proves to be the freshman most underrated in the summer by the fan base to play at Kentucky in the Calipari era.

I think there is a decent chance that Dillingham proves to be the freshman most underrated in the summer by the fan base to play at Kentucky in the Calipari era.
Think he might follow a similar path to Quickley? Off the bench role, hit some shots, etc... then (hopefully) comes back and could be a dominant two guard? Obviously, different players, but maybe a similar path.

Think he might follow a similar path to Quickley? Off the bench role, hit some shots, etc... then (hopefully) comes back and could be a dominant two guard? Obviously, different players, but maybe a similar path.
I hope you’re right but Dilly has a long way to go before he gets remotely close to the shooting consistency of IQ. There was a point in SEC play where I thought every shot IQ took was going in, similar to Jamal Murray or Monk when he got hot. Booker had that too for a few weeks.

I hope you’re right but Dilly has a long way to go before he gets remotely close to the shooting consistency of IQ. There was a point in SEC play where I thought every shot IQ took was going in, similar to Jamal Murray or Monk when he got hot. Booker had that too for a few weeks.
Agree, but you a comparing Dilly to where IQ finished as a Wildcat. It wasn’t until January of his Sophomore year when he really took it to next level. I think it’s fair to compare Dilly to IQ at the same point of their careers.

Hope we see that type of consistency from reeves and I think we will. When he’s hot there may not be a better shooter in the country (ncaa that is).

I was about to say, don't sleep on Reed, I think he might be a big factor this year too. Solid backcourt with good depth.
He's special. This team can be special. Need to stay healthy though. Injuries have been way too problematic the last few years. Very frustrating.

Reactions: ORCAT
He's special. This team can be special. Need to stay healthy though. Injuries have been way too problematic the last few years. Very frustrating.
Yes, and we've already seen two injuries early on this year too. Have to avoid them during the season and it could be a very special team.

Thiero, Reeves and Reed are the 3 guards most physically prepared to compete. Hopefully DJ and Dilly have been competing in the weight room and are ready to go in a month.

Do you think he'll have a better freshman season that SGA, because SGA was barely noticeable on the collective conscience of BBN the summer before his freshman year.

I'll wait for those close to the program and privy to practices, to tell us what's going on. How often is Devin around the program?

If our guards and wings stay healthy, there are no excuses. We’re loaded with highly skilled dudes that can all score at will. With the right offensive style, there isn't a better backcourt, if there is, please tell me.

Some are saying Edwards is the overall #1 pick, well, it doesn’t get much better than that, so again, no excuses. Let er rip.

Reactions: sambowieshin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT