ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie is a CAT!!!

Cal with some BIG recruting wins lately. Dare we becoming the "cool" school again?
I think only the transfer portal matters. We had the #1 recruiting class last year and it was said to be a complete disaster. I’m not sure if the goalposts got moved back or not.

According to his evaluation shooting is a forte. Has long arms, quick hands and feet, so defense is another strength. Uses left hand well and has a floater. Can shoot it deep but needs better shot selection. When you read it all he sounds more like a two guard to me. Does have a tight handle but seems better at the two right now. Needs strength, somewhere around 6-3 170. Skilled at making tough shots sometimes.
How good is this lad? Strengths? Things to work on ? TIA

Win on the court. That's all we're asking, and the one thing we're demanding. Simple.
Who says I'm not demanding that too? Of course you absolutely have to follow that up with wins. I've been on Cal's butt on here for quite a long time for that. I'm also not jaded enough to not celebrate off the court wins when they happen as well, not saying you are btw. But we DO have some folks here that can't or won't.

Today is a good freaking day for UK Basketball. Let's hope it continues.

I think only the transfer portal matters. We had the #1 recruiting class last year and it was said to be a complete disaster. I’m not sure if the goalposts got moved back or not.
You still have to get top talent form outside of the portal as well. I think the formula should be 2-3 highly valued recruits and solid transfers around them.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I wish I could get excited. Too many mid tier 5*s have been one and dones and Havnt given UK what we needed. Happy for the kid and don’t blame any of them. Just wish it wasn’t the way it is.

the-big-lebowski-the-dude.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Sigh... 5-star freshmen will bring us trouble... because Cal won't recruit seasoned, experienced, better transfers over them.
Signing the best class or most 5-stars doesn't mean what it used.
We get excited because a kid who is supposed to get to the NBA eventually picked us, but that soon turns to frustration when he performs like an 18-year-old kid against 23-year-old men.

Reactions: Pewee Cat
Sigh... 5-star freshmen will bring us trouble... because Cal won't recruit seasoned, experienced, better transfers over them.
We get excited because a kid who is supposed to get to the NBA eventually picked us, but that soon turns to frustration when he performs like an 18-year-old kid against 23-year-old men.
Who knows how he will do. But I'm certainly glad he's at UK over IU, aren't you?

Who knows how he will do. But I'm certainly glad he's at UK over IU, aren't you?
No, because come April, there will be a lot of men at other schools looking to get paid... and in the future, that's how championships will be won.
It's not necessarily a problem at many other P5 universities, but Cal won't recruit transfers over these 5-stars at that time... and unless one of them is AD and MKG... we won't compete when it matters.

• Haha
Reactions: bnewt and lazycat75
I understand what you're saying but in this case with Boogie he has played at Rucker Park and been up against older guys and even Pros that show up there he knows what it is to play against older fellas

No, because come April, there will be a lot of men at other schools looking to get paid... and in the future, that's how championships will be won.
It's not necessarily a problem at many other P5 universities, but Cal won't recruit transfers over these 5-stars at that time... and unless one of them is AD and MKG... we won't compete when it matters.
So you have rather him gone to IU. Gotcha.

Who says I'm not demanding that too? Of course you absolutely have to follow that up with wins. I've been on Cal's butt on here for quite a long time for that. I'm also not jaded enough to not celebrate off the court wins when they happen as well, not saying you are btw. But we DO have some folks here that can't or won't.

Today is a good freaking day for UK Basketball. Let's hope it continues.

That person 100% is not a UK fan.

hmmmm..............https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2022/all-teams/basketball

The Troll’s Handbook:

1. If Boogie picks Kentucky: “Sigh. Now we won’t get a portal transfer.”

2. If Boogie picks Indiana: “Damn. Cal is getting owned by the Hoosiers. He’s lost it.”

So predictable. So lame.
My take is... Cal shouldn't be in on so many HS kids to begin with. You can't lose to IU if you're not trying to get the kid in the first place.
Also, that's not to say that some freshmen make sense. However, next April-May, we will be at a disadvantage.
This doesn't matter at many other schools (how many signed freshmen transferred out of Kansas because Self recruited right over them... to their benefit)... because Cal won't recruit over these kids. I admire Cal for it... but it doesn't translate to wins or championships.

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT