ADVERTISEMENT

Blue White Scrimmage Tickets

A lot of poor people in this thread. It's an NIL event and true practice, with a real scrimmage (not the typical blue/white dunk fest) with the coaches mic'd up, teaching you what they do and why. If someone said they could get you in a real UK practice for $100-300, a lot of folks would bite.

Again, this is the near era and if UK is going to compete, they have to put on events like this.

I wouldn't consider myself poor by any stretch, but I still agree with others that the pricing is crazy high for multiple reasons:

1. The Blue-White scrimmage isn't a new event, so it is kinda short-sighted/callous for administration to completely ignore the fans who have been going for years (probaby decades in some cases) . It isn't like the cost became tiered w/some seats remaining a similar cost to previous years and adding more expensive seats that have additional priveledges (meet the players before or after, etc)
2. While it may not seem extreme for 1 ticket, it is to take a family.

This isn't to say the athletics dept cannot choose to do it... they can choose whatever they want. I'm just speaking to the fact that just b/c something "can" be done doesn't mean it "should" be. And if it is done, it doesn't mean people don't have a right to question it.

Used to be the play for those that got frozen out of madness tickets ... but welcome to the "other" impacts of the NIL era w/ these prices. Shew. That said, worth the price of admission at $100, honestly.
I was always a much bigger fan of the blue-white game than madness. In the b/w game guys played to standout a little from their peers and seemed to have some competitiveness to win.

Just got my ticket! I love going to the Blue/White game and knowing the money is going to NIL is a good thing for me! On the other hand, I do understand the folks who don’t wanna pay that amount, especially if you’re bringing the whole family.

I was always a much bigger fan of the blue-white game than madness. In the b/w game guys played to standout a little from their peers and seemed to have some competitiveness to win.

Agree - I liked it better than madness as well. I think I went twice and did a double-header... a home football game followed by the Blue-white BB scrimmage

Reactions: G-PIP
That price is crazy high. Why not just add 300 bucks to each season ticket holder thats 6 million dollars why ask the fans who can least afford it pay. Wonder how many kids show up .This NIL shit sounds like a scam

Season ticket prices did go up this year by $200, for me anyway. Additional $100 for tickets and $100 for the K Fund donation. I decided to not renew after 20+ years. Part of it was being held hostage by Calipari and another part is I live in Louisville now and wasn't going to many games. Paying near $4k for the privilege of having tickets just isn't worth it.

I really hope Pope can renew my interest in the program.

I get the BIg Blue NIL thing. I don't get them jacking up something that was affordable for most Kentuckians to go to. Especially this year when the economy is so jacked. How are they going to distribute Big Blue Madness tickets?

Reactions: wardlow
**** you, man.

broke-people.gif

• Haha
Reactions: WeWant9 and wardlow
Thanks for the explanation, Mitch.

But it’s still a practice.. correct?

Kinda wanted to take my family.

Any chance you get it on local tv for the poor but true fans? You can get nil paid for the telecast as well!

How dare you accuse me of being Barney. Dem's fighting words!

Reactions: Kybluedude
It'll be the death of college athletics.
I think it’s already here because there is absolutely no way in hell I would be paying for 4-5 seats @$100 a seat for a scrimmage. We have much better things to spend that kind of money on. If they held it at Rupo they could lower the ticket cost by adding a lot more people.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKortho
Capitalism strikes again.

All you Gen Z commie liberals demanding free tickets on a golden platter to watch the John Galts put in effort on the court should move to mother China.

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss and IbnSaran
Capitalism strikes again.

All you Gen Z commie liberals demanding free tickets on a golden platter to watch the John Galts put in effort on the court should move to mother China.

I’m no where near either Gen Z or communist. I’m a pro-capitalism, and because I’m pro-capitalism, that’s why I feel the I have the right to critically discuss a business’s product and the price they charge for it.

As I stated before, any business CAN choose to raise prices, and EVERY business can price themselves right out of a market…

I may have missed it, but I haven’t seen one person on this thread asking for a handout. They’ve only voiced frustration with the school’s choice to raise the price of an event anywhere from 10-150x in 1 year without changing the product much. That’s just voicing critical opinions of a business’s decision.

Again, the school CAN do it, but I think it’s a poor choice.

I’m no where near either Gen Z or communist. I’m a pro-capitalism, and because I’m pro-capitalism, that’s why I feel the I have the right to critically discuss a business’s product and the price they charge for it.

As I stated before, any business CAN choose to raise prices, and EVERY business can price themselves right out of a market…

I may have missed it, but I haven’t seen one person on this thread asking for a handout. They’ve only voiced frustration with the school’s choice to raise the price of an event anywhere from 10-150x in 1 year without changing the product much. That’s just voicing critical opinions of a business’s decision.

Again, the school CAN do it, but I think it’s a poor choice.
They don't need your whiny complaints. They know how to make the most money. Oh, big shock, your informed discussion is prices should be lower and players shouldn't get any money. That's not critical opinions of a business decision. That's some Castro revolution talk of wealth distribution from the people who earn it to the people who watch them earn it.

• Angry
Reactions: westerncat
I have a feeling the turnout won’t be large. I’d rather than creat a t-shirt or some special gear where they can fund NIL at least you get something for it other than just a scrimmage. Make it affordable for people to watch I mean wow.
I will almost guaranty you that there will be tons of lower level tickets available for the first two exhibitions for less than $100. Probably $75 per. I don’t go to those and either give away or sell.

They don't need your whiny complaints. They know how to make the most money. Oh, big shock, your informed discussion is prices should be lower and players shouldn't get any money. That's not critical opinions of a business decision. That's some Castro revolution talk of wealth distribution from the people who earn it to the people who watch them earn it.

Dude, you really should chill out a bit.

No need to put words in my mouth.
- I never said player couldn’t get paid. I think they should get NIL money. However, I don’t think they know what they are asking for in some regards. If they are going to get paid by the schools as employees, then they need to be itemizing and paying taxes on all their benefits like employees of other companies…all the nutritionists, lodging, travel, etc will have to be counted as income.
- to say “they don’t need your whiny complaints” is a bit ridiculous. I didn’t send an email to the uk athletics dept or organaize some kind of protest to the raise in ticket prices to “whine”. This is a discussion board, and people were discussing a drastic change to something that was unexpected.
- And again, there is nothing communistic in my post. I ran a business for years myself, and I could price things however I wanted. However, if I didn’t understand my market, I could price myself out of business as well. Regarding the tickets for the BW scrimmage (and college athletics in general), they can price it however they want, I just think it’s going the direction of the saying “be careful not to bite the hand that feeds you”. So, in the case of college athletics, I also will just be surprised if the system can sustain itself the way it’s headed, and, as a sports fan, that stinks to see it possibly imploding.

So, my comments really were just intended for discussion without the need for abrasive name calling like you are doing. I just don’t get why that’s necessary.

Everyone is for capitalism but we are talking about college basketball. We are talking about practice. I don't think it'll sell out and I think they might get 5000 people at max. If they sell out I'll be impressed.

Reactions: TFCats11
No, I'm joking amongst friends. Lighten up.
Which part is a joke about “A lot of poor people in this thread. It's an NIL event and true practice, with a real scrimmage (not the typical blue/white dunk fest) with the coaches mic'd up, teaching you what they do and why. If someone said they could get you in a real UK practice for $100-300, a lot of folks would bite.

Again, this is the near era and if UK is going to compete, they have to put on events like this.”

Reactions: CatTough
Which part is a joke about “A lot of poor people in this thread. It's an NIL event and true practice, with a real scrimmage (not the typical blue/white dunk fest) with the coaches mic'd up, teaching you what they do and why. If someone said they could get you in a real UK practice for $100-300, a lot of folks would bite.

Again, this is the near era and if UK is going to compete, they have to put on events like this.”
well see how it does if it sells out I'll be surprised. They need regulations one of these high paid NIL players are gonna suck this year and that is when shit is going to hit the fan.

Reactions: Skyguyb27

The first sentence. Any other questions, Karen?

Wow. This is ridiculous. For a practice LOL.

I used to take my son to this every year cause the prices were so reasonable. Not this year.

Not a joke to anyone but you I guess. I didn’t see anyone laughing. Apparently your out of excuses for your behavior since you resorted to name calling.
No excuses needed. I made a joke, you got triggered, I explained to you I was just busting chops, and you refuse to let it go. Very Karen-like behavior. I'm surprised you haven't asked for the manager.

The cost of those tickets seems like the first huge mis-step since Calipari left.

$100 for a scrimmage?

At the end of No Country for Old Men, the killer corrupts some kids on bikes by offering them money for something they originally were going to do for free.

Season ticket prices did go up this year by $200, for me anyway. Additional $100 for tickets and $100 for the K Fund donation. I decided to not renew after 20+ years. Part of it was being held hostage by Calipari and another part is I live in Louisville now and wasn't going to many games. Paying near $4k for the privilege of having tickets just isn't worth it.

I really hope Pope can renew my interest in the program.
CAls salary minus Popes salary the difference should fund NIL plus anothet 3 million from donations.

The cost of those tickets seems like the first huge mis-step since Calipari left.

$100 for a scrimmage?

At the end of No Country for Old Men, the killer corrupts some kids on bikes by offering them money for something they originally were going to do for free.

Yeah especially because I feel like this event people went to because the prices were so reasonable, even for lowers.

I don’t know the rules of NIL if there even are any. The original goal was a kid commits to UK and then Paul Miller or whoever pays them to be in a commercial. Hopefully it gets back to that instead of what it’s becoming.

I do not blame CMP at all but you can’t say this is the state’s team and then price out the couple of events that were affordable to the average person. It’s not just the ticket price…it’s driving there from the other side of the state, parking and probably eating. Having said that I understand money is needed for competitive teams. I just don’t see how this is sustainable year after year for multiple sports.

I also can think of a handful of ways you can make money without pricing out everyone. Raffle off a seat on the end of the bench at home games…lunch with the coach…group of friends to scrimmage against former players or just play in rupp…tour the lodge during the offseason…be the Y…hang your name in the rafters for a game. I do think it will eventually settle into a groove but until then it’s the wild wild west

If the tickets are over $20 count me out. I've taken the grandkids for the last 10 years. We will not attend another Blue/White.

Guess its another event for a lot of UK fans to sit at home and watch on those Ultra HD TV's that many brag about having when they talk about never going to games at Rupp due to prices.

If I lived in Lex I would definitely do 125 to see a real full bore practice in a small venue like Memorial (never been there but smaller than Rupp for sure). Hopefully some folks on here go that can report back on the player performance and let us know who is an actual beast and who walks too slow, etc. :)

Reactions: Ron Mehico
That price is crazy high. Why not just add 300 bucks to each season ticket holder thats 6 million dollars why ask the fans who can least afford it pay. Wonder how many kids show up .This NIL shit sounds like a scam
Side court lower level seat prices went up between $500-1000 a ticket this season. The first 4 row seats went up $3000 each. Unfortunately it all goes to the KFund which supports the athletic department. None of it goes to NIL.

Mitch is already saving around $6-7 million on the new staff and will bring in an extra $4-5 million in the extra ticket costs this season.

I have a feeling the turnout won’t be large. I’d rather than creat a t-shirt or some special gear where they can fund NIL at least you get something for it other than just a scrimmage. Make it affordable for people to watch I mean wow.
Seeing the turnout for this thing is going to be really interesting.

Reactions: Fox2monk
A lot of poor people in this thread. It's an NIL event and true practice, with a real scrimmage (not the typical blue/white dunk fest) with the coaches mic'd up, teaching you what they do and why. If someone said they could get you in a real UK practice for $100-300, a lot of folks would bite.

Again, this is the near era and if UK is going to compete, they have to put on events like this.

The poor person thing comes across as dickish as hell but the rest is accurate.

And this new era won’t last long with NIL at the forefront and prices like this. Just wait and see.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT