ADVERTISEMENT

Blue White Scrimmage Tickets

Just checked out tickets for this event this morning and there are lots of seats available for the $300 and above ticket prices. Hope the event is a bust at these prices.

Reactions: tomrain
Ill post a version of the same thing i posted on the football board when this concept arose.

I remember all the prognosticating from sports talking heads that ad offices would have to trim down to get ready for paying players.

Lol nope. Just going to pass it on to fans. All the crony jobs will be safe. Plus all the countless do-nothing admin jobs at these massive bloated universities will not go anywhere. Pay up peons or your team is guaranteed to suck.

If they are going to cost shift anything and not make any cuts, all the "donations" that come from certain tickets and now tailgating (yes they are going to now charge for that too) should be rerouted to specifically that sports nil pool. I would be able to tolerate it better if that was the case. Instead this goes into a general pool and goes anywhere and everywhere, which with mitch means at least some is going to some non revenue sport.

So I am vehemently opposed because the ads office should feel the pain first. Then any money generated should go back to the athletes that generate it.

No I don't think you were. It is a shame that many young kids will never be able to attend a damn Blue/White (practice) because of the NIL.

I don't care what you think, so go lick a butt. And oh the sadness of trying to change it up a bit to help with NIL.

By the way, a kid having crappy parents is a shame. A kid not having enough to eat is a shame. A kid who develops cancer is a shame.

Not being able to go to a blue white game is way down on the shame list. #FirstWorldProblems

I paid $20 for 2 tickets during the 2010-2011 season. It was an a great blue-white game featuring freshmen Brandon Knight and T. Jones. I think Jones finished with 50+ points on night.
I think T Jones had 50 the next year with the Davis team. That’s when I knew we would be a legit title threat after seeing him play.

It will be packed. If they don’t sell out you can take it to the bank the venue will be packed. They will give tickets away quietly or talk some companies into buying some at a reduced price (to then give away). They won’t let Pope be embarrassed in this event.
I can see that, I’m more curious about who paid those prices. My guess is many of the expensive ones will be businesses who give them to clients. It won’t be packed with the average fans who wants to go.

Reactions: UKortho and gojvc
I know NIL has changed everything but somehow the University has to come up with an alternative answer to gain funding.
yes, but what could it be
there just aren't any major corporations in the state that could make large contributions to NIL
now if some of the former nba millionaires would send a chunk, that would help

That price is crazy high. Why not just add 300 bucks to each season ticket holder thats 6 million dollars why ask the fans who can least afford it pay. Wonder how many kids show up .This NIL shit sounds like a scam
yes, the blue white game was usually for those that seldom got to see UK in person. This was a fairly cheap way to do that.
these prices will produce an empty stadium. better not have any recruits there for that

Big Blue Madness will be televised.

Blue/White game will NOT be televised this year.

Saw some misinformed posts ITT and wanted to make sure everyone was clear/not surprised.

Either of them not being televising is pretty surprising

Then again I get it........NIL event. They want people to show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT