ADVERTISEMENT

Blue-White games being moved to Memorial

Love it, great news!

Thor-UK-g2.gif

You're probably right this year, but would it be enough to generate more money than Memorial after you pay for the use of Rupp?
Financially, it would be a stupid decision. You'd lose a lot of money switching Rupp for Memorial. Plus, you'd have the headaches with finding a way to appease the season ticket holders.

But it would be a helluva cool thing to do. I wish there was a way to make it happen, but I don't see it being realistic.

Financially, it would be a stupid decision. You'd lose a lot of money switching Rupp for Memorial. Plus, you'd have the headaches with finding a way to appease the season ticket holders.

But it would be a helluva cool thing to do. I wish there was a way to make it happen, but I don't see it being realistic.

They should do a preseason exhibition scrimmage against somebody worth a damn and make it for charity.

This is very cool but, I miss the old days when Joe B would travel around to high school gyms for the BW games. Do Marshall County, Henry County, and Mason County on a rotation.
I guess there is no financial incentive to do that though. Pikeville was cool a couple of years ago.

I meant the blue-white game, not a regular season game (although you're right, it would be awesome).

I think MC is too small for THIS year’s game.

CMP drew over 20,000 just for his acceptance speech at Rupp.
Closer to 30K between the area being standing room only in some parts, and the thousands outside who couldn’t get in. It truly was incredible.

But this will also ensure that the BW game will be in big demand and will probably get a tailgate style gathering outside.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Closer to 30K between the area being standing room only in some parts, and the thousands outside who couldn’t get in. It truly was incredible.

But this will also ensure that the BW game will be in big demand and will probably get a tailgate style gathering outside.
That was an amazing day and so much fun. The feel that the real Kentucky is on the way back was fantastic!

UNC did it. We can too.

Love it! Now, how 'bout one regular season game each year?
Make it a student's only Game. Only issue would be that the game would be against one of the chump teams on the schedule. no way they'd lose out on the revenue from an SEC or bigger OOC opponent.

I've been saying this for years. You really want an atmosphere, schedule one high quality opponent at Memorial each year. Imagine seeing UK vs. KU at Memorial? It would blow anything at Rupp out of the water.
Only way that works is to make it Student's only. The blue hairs will still be blue hairs in Memorial, just as much as they are in Rupp. If you opened tickets up to the public, they would be unaffordable by anyone but the blue hairs.

Make it a student's only Game. Only issue would be that the game would be against one of the chump teams on the schedule. no way they'd lose out on the revenue from an SEC or bigger OOC opponent.
Would never happen with the penny pinchers at UKAA. Blue hairs would scream too.

This, I could maybe see them doing it for one of the exhibition games.

Would never happen with the penny pinchers at UKAA. Blue hairs would scream too.
I dont know the math on this, but I wonder if there would be a way to raise ticket prices like $1 or $2 for every game at Rupp to make up for the lost revenue and then do something like half students half non-students for a game at Memorial.

Raise the ice cream price by 50 cents and Bilas alone would pay for the lost revenue.

I've been saying this for years. You really want an atmosphere, schedule one high quality opponent at Memorial each year. Imagine seeing UK vs. KU at Memorial? It would blow anything at Rupp out of the water.
No doubt, I would be really cool. That would be one expensive ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT