ADVERTISEMENT

Blue/white game

they are probably scared everyone will stay home if it is televised. especially at reportedly very high ticket prices
Yeah it’s being used as an NIl fundraiser which I’m not entirely on board with. A lot of folks from rural Kentucky enjoy seeing that full scrimmage and no stream/TV makes it feel like we don’t matter in that. Is what it is but I hope Pipe reconsiders in the future.

The picture says it all. Hardly any seats sold so far and that’s with only opening up about half of the available seats for purchase.

They need to get out ahead of it and cut prices further/offer bigger Club Blue discounting/etc.

They’ll end up giving a lot away, obnoxiously promoting the event, and still end up with lots of empty seats once the week is through.

A true shame after how awesome Madness was.

Maybe they still have time to figure out a PPV streaming option to recoup some of the cash they aren’t raising from ticket sales.

They are going the wrong way about this.

Why take away the pleasure from the regular fans watching the game and instead transform it into closed circuit , blue and white club?

And apparently the scrimmage will be replace by a practice.

I thought “this was not my team or the players team but the state of Kentucky team”…

They are going the wrong way about this.

Why take away the pleasure from the regular fans watching the game and instead transform it into closed circuit , blue and white club?

And apparently the scrimmage will be replace by a practice.

I thought “this was not my team or the players team but the state of Kentucky team”…
Yeah. This is not the way to go. First misstep for Pope.

If this venue ends up half full, the piggy boys will be out in force to roast us.
Considering how we smashed them for their turnout in the tiny gym, it will sting a bit.
Free tickets to some group or groups coming soon.

Reactions: chroix
If this venue ends up half full, the piggy boys will be out in force to roast us.
Considering how we smashed them for their turnout in the tiny gym, it will sting a bit.

Umm I don’t think Arky charged $1500 a ticket to see their squad in hot springs or whatever. Not sure on what grounds they would “roast” us. For not being rich?

Umm I don’t think Arky charged $1500 a ticket to see their squad in hot springs or whatever. Not sure on what grounds they would “roast” us. For not being rich?
Reality won't matter. Empty gym equals "see you guys can't fill it up either".
It won't really matter, but we'll be responding to their bs for a minute.
Good times.

It will be PPV in future, it’s just smart.
Maybe only if it’s sold out first.
Who knows??

Go Cats!!

They would have raised a hell of a lot more if they did it as a $5-10 PPV to fund NIL vs this.
Yeah, I definitely would've paid for a PPV live stream. I understand we are in the new NIL era, but BBN reaches far and wide and a lot of us live way too far away to attend in person.

And for those of us that like to archive all things UK basketball, this is a big letdown. It has been a LONG time since the Blue White game wasn't televised.

The idea with this was to raise an NIL war chest. Perhaps it's not working. They won't do this again if there is a poor turn out. Have to have funds to compete for players now.

Yeah, I definitely would've paid for a PPV live stream. I understand we are in the new NIL era, but BBN reaches far and wide and a lot of us live way too far away to attend in person.

And for those of us that like to archive all things UK basketball, this is a big letdown. It has been a LONG time since the Blue White game wasn't televised.

Same. I’m never driving multiple hours for a scrimmage. But I have never missed one on TV. I’d gladly shell out up to $25 to watch it.

Reactions: BillionthUKFan
The cheapest ticket is $125 and that’s to watch a scrimmage. Mark my words- you will be able to find lowers in rupp for either exhibition at half that price. Not the smartest move.

We need to stop worrying about the damn Pigs. They are history, let's look forward. We are sick and tired of hearing about the past.
Maybe we should make a rule that if we bring up the Pigs, a one month ban is the penalty.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
The idea with this was to raise an NIL war chest. Perhaps it's not working. They won't do this again if there is a poor turn out. Have to have funds to compete for players now.
If they wanted to raise a war chest then why not a PPV stream? UK makes way more money from TV deals than ticket sales so they should know this information. If you want to raise war chest you should make it available to the entire fan base, I have no problem donating $15-20 to be able to watch it, and i'm sure thousands of other people are in that boat with me.

We need to stop worrying about the damn Pigs. They are history, let's look forward. We are sick and tired of hearing about the past.
Maybe we should make a rule that if we bring up the Pigs, a one month ban is the penalty.
Ha! Empty boards are no fun. Good luck.

Not much left to say that hasn't been said. Bad idea.

This is supposed to be something fun that lets the fans connect with the team. It's practically a UK Basketball tradition at this point. BBM then BW game.

Now, Pope's 1st year, they've taken it away from a lot of people. Some people can't afford to go or can't make the drive for various reasons. Do like other schools and slap a few extra bucks on the ticket price. But don't charge for the scrimmage that fans have watched for free for years and years.

I’d kinda rather watch the b/w game than either exhibition. Stiffer competition plus Pope will be doing color commentary the whole time. I plan on going. I’m torn between hoping it fills up and hoping they learn their lesson so they’ll stream it PPV next time. Or last second this time.

Reactions: UKortho
Ppl who supported NIL and paying players swore up and down that the money was going to come from he tv deals and all that money the ncaa makes. And that players would get paid by big corporations who want to use them for advertisement. Nope, it's the fans who will have to "pony up."

I'm super excited about the Pope era but NIL might ruin it for me. This is supposed to be "our" team. Those are Pope's words. Yeah, well, only if you are willing to shell out big bucks for the privilege.

I read an article the other day about a female billionaire who lives in Lexington. How about they hit her up for some cash?

How bout BWO? Can he stream it?
I don't have his number... can't help you there

The picture says it all. Hardly any seats sold so far and that’s with only opening up about half of the available seats for purchase.

They need to get out ahead of it and cut prices further/offer bigger Club Blue discounting/etc.

They’ll end up giving a lot away, obnoxiously promoting the event, and still end up with lots of empty seats once the week is through.

A true shame after how awesome Madness was.

Maybe they still have time to figure out a PPV streaming option to recoup some of the cash they aren’t raising from ticket sales.
First time having an event like this and they flat out missed the price point.

It’s a bummer because this squeezes out the everyday fan who tries to use this as their opportunity to see the Cats live. I lost interest in stuff like BBM and the B/W game years ago, and it’s not coming back for me. Wake me up when the real games get going again.

Unfortunately, nil will always be at the top of college athletic conversations going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT