ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Self and Michael Jordan have the same philosophy on losing?

Woodsmoke

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2023
461577-FE-2180-488-E-9-BFA-529-A80-CD0-C96.jpg

The Rug Doctor is a cheating sob. Jordon didn't have to cheat.

lC8m5On.gif
No he didn't....NBA did it for him. Remember the "Jordan rules" that were put in to protect him? It was the beginning of the slide that's led to today's "no-touch" nba defenses that's skewed everything towards the offensive player's advantage.

Reactions: bigbluedon
No he didn't....NBA did it for him. Remember the "Jordan rules" that were put in to protect him? It was the beginning of the slide that's led to today's "no-touch" nba defenses that's skewed everything towards the offensive player's advantage.

I remember Stacy King changed his number because he was tired of being called for Michael Jordans's fouls.

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
The Jordan Rules were a defensive strategy that the Pistons had to stop Jordan if my memory is correct.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
The Jordan Rules were a defensive strategy that the Pistons had to stop Jordan if my memory is correct.
Correct.
The Jordan Rules were a successful defensive basketball strategy employed by the Detroit Pistons against Michael Jordan in order to limit his effectiveness in any game. Devised by Chuck Daly and his assistants at the time, Ron Rothstein and Dick Versace, after Jordan scored 59 points against them in April 1988, the Pistons' strategy was "to play him tough, to physically challenge him and to vary its defenses so as to try to throw him off balance."[1] Sometimes the Pistons would overplay Jordan to keep the ball from him. "I don't think Chuck Daly wanted to hurt him, he was just looking to wear him out."[2] Sometimes they would play him straight up, more often they would run a double-team at him as soon as he got the ball to force him to go left, which he was less successful in doing. He never wanted opponents to think they were good enough to affect him or his play. Winning the psychological battle was as important to Jordan as the physical one.[3] Additionally, whoever Jordan was guarding on defense, Detroit would force that player to pass the basketball in order to make Jordan work extremely hard on both ends of the court, thus increasing his fatigue level and rendering him less effective.[4][5]

Reactions: 21Goose
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT