ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Self 2-4 in elite 8 games..GO NOVA!!

6 elite 8 in 13 years? That's not true he chokes in March every year
I believe that is the most of any active coach in the same time span. If Self doesn't fall flat on his face in the first round, then history shows he does well in the tournament.

Ellis is pretty much scoring whenever the hell he wants so good luck on them losing.

Cal has 8 during that same time frame. 3 in his last 4 years at Memphis and 5 in 7 years at UK.

Correction - Cal had 2 in his laat 4 years at Memphis and 7 during that time frame.

I think a vacated season and a 1st round NIT loss during that time frame more than offsets 1 additional Elite 8....especially if Self wins another NC.

Kansas and Villanova are the 2 hottest teams left. Villanova plays like they did against Miami, I don't see anyone beating them. Kansas hasn't lost in 8 weeks. They're due for a white knuckler.

Correction - Cal had 2 in his laat 4 years at Memphis and 7 during that time frame.

I think a vacated season and a 1st round NIT loss during that time frame more than offsets 1 additional Elite 8....especially if Self wins another NC.
Are you really arguing that Self is a better recent tournament coach than Cal?

I mean, I know that your fellow jayhawk teed you up really nicely by talking about Elite 8s, but let's be serious for a second.

Vacated or not, Memphis went to the title game that year.

Also, Cal has been to 5 elite 8's, 4 final 4's, 2 title games with a championship in 7 seasons. I think that speaks for itself. Kansas fans, your board is that way =========>>.

Reactions: KyFord and ukfan041

Are you really trying to rub our noses in Cal's "vacated" season on our own board?

Reactions: Aike
I guess he really thought Self took KU to 3....lol
No, he said Self was 3-1 in Final Fours at Kansas and he is. He's been to TWO final fours with Kansas, first one won both Final Four games which = 2-0 then second one he went 1-1 losing to Davis in the championship, that = 3-1 record in Final Four. Got it????

No, he said Self was 3-1 in Final Fours at Kansas and he is. He's been to TWO final fours with Kansas, first one won both Final Four games which = 2-0 then second one he went 1-1 losing to Davis in the championship, that = 3-1 record in Final Four. Got it????
No we don't, can you skew the numbers any further to make them clearer? Pretty complimentary to AD to admit he single handily beat your team...

Yep. This clown is seriously not counting one of Cal's seasons.

Kansas fans are almost the worst.
They are. Instead of being on their own board celebrating getting past the second round, they are over here as usual choking on our nuts hoping we will say anything that makes them feel as though they are even close to being on the same level as us.

Reactions: Aike

Hilarious. Kentucky didn't beat you guys? Anthony Davis did?

For all your illustrious history (which is remarkable), there's really no reason for a Kansas fan to be as publically ignorant here with that stupid statement, especially when Davis shot 1/10 in that game.

They are. Instead of being on their own board celebrating getting past the second round, they are over here as usual choking on our nuts hoping we will say anything that makes them feel as though they are even close to being on the same level as us.

Hey Kansas fans...you've had a nice season.

Now go somewhere else and enjoy it.

*Think that will help?

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
So let me get this straight:

13 seasons at KU
5 times lost in 1st & 2nd round
3 sweet 16
6 elite 8's
2 final 4's (one in which won NC)

So...Kansas fans let's not get carried away.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/spor...-mens-ncaa-basketball-bracket/schools/kansas/

WHOOPS...SELF has only been to 3 Elite 8's at KU...NOT 6! This is his 4th. That's what I get for listening to others instead of reading the actual data.

So Stat line is actually...not including this season:

13 seasons
5 times lost in 1st & 2nd round
3 Sweet 16's
3 Elite 8's
2 final 4's (1 resulted in championship)

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
hope to God Kansas loses, and then either IU or UNC loses in the Elite 8... then I'll be able to enjoy the Final Four stress free.

I've thought long and hard about who l would pull for if Kansas and UNC played for a national title. Pretty pathetic when a program's fans (Kansas) annoy the hell out of you until the point where you're not certain if you'd pull for them over a school that has 25 years of institutional cheating on its resume.

Hey Kansas fans...you've had a nice season.

Now go somewhere else and enjoy it.

*Think that will help?

Kansas, always trying to remind the world that they exist.

wD719.gif

How about you click the link I posted which has the actual data?

Self has only made 2 final 4's at KU!

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/spor...-mens-ncaa-basketball-bracket/schools/kansas/

Do you not know that? You getting confused with all those Big 12 titles?

When I was in Lawrence for the game earlier this year, an older Kansas fan saw me in my UK gear and said "Do you know, we like to think of you all as a program we helped build?" I said, "Of course you do, because of Rupp?" He answered yes, with a look like he was surprised that I knew Rupp went to school at Kansas. Then I followed it up with "We like to think that you all invented basketball, and we perfected it."

And he's 3-1 in those Final Four games, are you a moron?

I get it...it's his final 4 record.

Most UK fans do not go around saying Cal is 3-3 in Final Four games at UK. Usually one would say Cal has been to 4 Final Fours at UK that resulted in a National Championship & a Runner-up.

Saying Self is 2-1 in Final 4 games with the implication that makes up for only actually getting KU to the Final Four 2 times is moot. And that's exactly what his unstated implication was. Why else even state that?

Reactions: crittel56
Dude, I hate Kansas, I'm a Cat, just trying to state facts about the conversation.
Why do people do this? If you post as a respectful Kansas fan, you're not going to get banned. Do you think we're that dense?

No Kentucky fan would take a subtle swipe at our beloved 2012 team in order to save Captain Toupee's honor by saying he "lost to Davis".

Hey, look! Gullible is written on the ceiling!

Stop it.

Kansas fans. Bless their hearts.

They continually show up to a penis measuring contest with a 3 inch nugget.

Look KU fans, no matter how badly you convince yourselves, you're not dethroning the John Holmes (UK) of college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT