ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Donovan Receives Extension at Florida

Good. SEC is in pretty good shape with Calipari, Donovan, Pearl, Howland, Barnes, Anderson. And really you could look at almost every other team and have reason for optimism. Fox at Georgia coming off another NCAAT appearance. Kennedy at A&M coming off a bubble team and adding a top 5/10 class. Martin at USC has shown glimpses and proved he could win at KSU. Vandy had one of the better young teams out there. LSU has a ridiculous class coming in after a tourney appearance and near first round win. Really the only team I think is going to be stuck in the cellar is Missouri, hope they prove me wrong.

why is anyone surprised. pitino said on " mike and mike" today that 'donovan has the urge to coach in the nba.' so there you go.

Re: Billy Donovan Receives Extension at Florida

Originally posted by twindaddy2003+1:
Extensions mean nothing....
Tubby had just signed with UGA I believe when he took the UK job.

Lets see, sign the extension in case an NBA team doesn't get a contract with you done and you have to stay at florida. Smart

Turning down 5-6 million a year from a NBA team because you signed an extension for 4 million a year at UF... is crazy.

If an NBA team offers and its a good fit.. he'll take it

I started a thread a few days ago advising that I had heard from pretty good sources that Donovan was really wanting to get back into the nba and that the Magic want him as their coach. Most of the comments were just people making fun of what I said. lol Guess we will see just how much he wants back in but from what the people say that I have spoken with he is def serious about it this time.

I am glad he's staying. I would love to see the sec become as strong in basketball as it is in football. I would of liked to see Marshall at Alabama as well. I do hope they hire someone just as good to help build the sec and their basketball program since they basically own the sec in football, which is saying a lot.

The buyout on the contract is only a half million, so if an NBA team wants him, that kind of coin won't stop it from happening

Originally posted by Desperado_1955:
The buyout on the contract is only a half million, so if an NBA team wants him, that kind of coin won't stop it from happening
This ^^^^^^^^ Couch cushion change to any NBA team.

This is just window dressing for a deteriorating situation behind the scenes if you ask me...

billy has a $500,000 buyout--he will get 2-3 NBA offers---he's gone--mark it down. He's tired of the recruiting / college thing, especially with the cats dominating the league.

Is Donovan to the NBA why Smart hasn't taken the Texas job yet? That seems like an obvious move unless he's heard the UF job may be opening up soon.

Poor Billy has to have these little pouty moments every so often. He can't simply tell his AD privately that "I want more money or I'm out of here." He needs everyone to get so worried that he'll leave and to have everyone look at him while the Final Four is going on. It's kind of sad, really.

Originally posted by Zakk Wyldcat:
Is Donovan to the NBA why Smart hasn't taken the Texas job yet? That seems like an obvious move unless he's heard the UF job may be opening up soon.
I believe he's going to the NBA but if I'm Smart, I take Texas over Florida every time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT