16 minutes
13 points
5 Rebounds (1 off, 4 def)
3 blocks
2 assists
2 steals
1 Flagrant
1 Technical

Might be my favorite stat line of all time. Talk about squeezing every last drop out of an opportunity.
wait, he got both a flagrant and a technical? I thought a flagrant was the college version of a technical.

Z mania has taken over the board(and who can blame us) Questions for tomorrow night;
1. Will he get at least 16 minutes? My gut says no
2.Will he score double digits? Once again no
3.Will he block at least 3 shots? Yes
4 Will he get 5 rebounds? Yes
5. Will he pick up at least 3 fouls? Yes

What happens next with Z is no doubt the most anticipated question in recent times among UK fans and within UK basketball. College basketball in general will also be taking note. I'm just glad we only have to wait till tomorrow night for the next installment of this soap opera.

Z is a welcome addition and I am thrilled that he gets to play. I will wait a bit before I buy that he is a game changer, but I think considering the possibility isn't crazy.

If we reflect back on player comments about Z I think there were some clues about his ability. I seem to remember Mitchell making very positive observations.

This team gets more entertaining on a regular basis. The fun is back in UK basketball for the first time in two or three years.

Best thing I saw from Big Z is that he was not "afraid of the moment". He stepped up and performed. That doesn't happen with a lot of very talented players. Edwards is still having problems with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT