ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Championship Game Thread

Oklahoma will be in.

What happens to us if Ohio State loses? Does that bump a team out of the NY6 and possibly push us down a bowl? Or are we set for Citrus?

I hate Ohio State with a burning passion that exceeds my hate for NCIS or people that spell out "should of," but I have to root for them tonight. If Ohio State loses, Kentucky loses the Citrus Bowl.

Penn St is already the first team out of the NY6. An NW win pushes LSU out:

-Bama vs OU and ND vs Clemson in the playoffs
- UGA vs Texas in the Sugar
- NW vs Washington in the Rose
- UCF vs Michigan in the Fiesta
- Ohio St vs Florida in the Peach

That leaves out LSU and they will take our Citrus spot. There is no way they would drop Ohio State down enough spots to be ranked lower than LSU, especially 2 losses compared to 3 and one of them being in a conference championship that LSU didnt even have to play.

I hate Ohio State with a burning passion that exceeds my hate for NCIS or people that spell out "should of," but I have to root for them tonight. If Ohio State loses, Kentucky loses the Citrus Bowl.

Penn St is already the first team kut of the NY6. An NW win pushes LSU out:

-Bama vs OU and ND vs Clemson in the playoffs
- UGA vs Texas in the Sugar
- NW vs Washington in the Rose
- UCF vs Michigan in the Fiesta
- Ohio St vs Florida in the Peach

That leaves out LSU and they will take our Citrus spot. There is no way they would drop Ohio State down enough spots to be ranked lower than LSU, especially 2 losses compared to 3 and one of them being in a conference championship that LSU didnt even have to play.
UGA makes the playoffs

Ohio State is my least favorite college football team.................not sure I can bring myself to cheer for them. [sick] However there was a discussion on KSR a couple of days ago about which teams UK needs to win as it relates to what bowl we get. The opinion was we should want the Buckeyes to win along with most of the other favorites. Anyone else hear the reasoning?

*Edit: I now see the comments above from WildOnKnoxville, posted while I was typing mine. That is to what I was referring. However, I was thinking it might still depend on one other game as well for us to lose the Citrus. No?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT