ADVERTISEMENT

Big Dog and MSU

stuway

Senior
Mar 29, 2007
So word is when Mel Tucker signs his huge new deal he is coming after Big Dog. I've read a few articles claiming as much and a few around the program are worried he may finally leave. Anyone have any info or what are your thoughts?? Many have tried to poach him to no avail yet, is this the one he finally takes??

I hope Stoops and UK do whatever now necessary to keep him.

It was last year or year before last. Vince already told them no even though they apparently offered more money.

Maybe he'll take another run at it but that would be unusual

So word is when Mel Tucker signs his huge new deal he is coming after Big Dog. I've read a few articles claiming as much and a few around the program are worried he may finally leave. Anyone have any info or what are your thoughts?? Many have tried to poach him to no avail yet, is this the one he finally takes??

I hope Stoops and UK do whatever now necessary to keep him.
Post those links, please. Thanks.

Reactions: Bacon1450
Didn't Tucker try to hire him when he first got the MSU job? I thought I read here that his relationship with CMS was one he couldn't walk away from. Why the concern this timr?
Yes. He also apparently has a great relationship with Tucker as well. They offered 1m, we didn't match and he stayed for 900k. But if they come in with something like 1.5m and his head coach there has essentially the same job security as the one here, he might leave for it. Our AD might chase salaries just a little but he's not one to go out and match what someone else is throwing around. Maybe he would do it this time if MSU comes calling again but he didn't match it before. The MSU formula is similar to UK in that it needs some of that second tier, non Ohio State guys to be at their best so there would be big motivation in getting Marrow. Maybe not all, but part of Dantoni's faltering was that we ate into some of their recruiting there.

Reactions: Soupbean
Apparently there is a booster funding all of Tuckers raise ….if he’s a billionaire he’s probably got room to throw another 500k raise at Marrow
This is my fear. If they’re really giving Tucker that much money I’m sure a huge assistant salary pool is part of it. Plus Vince is good friends with Mel. I hope they don’t come calling again.

IMO, Stoops isnt doing anything w/o Marrow. They've done a terrific job at a tough place, so what could they do with a real recruiting base?

But if they come in with something like 1.5m and his head coach there has essentially the same job security as the one here, he might leave for it.
That's a huge "IF". Mel Tucker has had a big year, and got a big contract that many people think was too much too soon. He still has to prove he isn't a one hit wonder. Look at Mullen, he won 10 games his first year and 11 his next, now he's sitting right next to Scott Ford in the #2 spot on the Coaches Hot Seat.

Reactions: JASUN74 and KMKAT
I think if Stoops and/or Marrow leave it’d be for a program they can get elite talent in the recruiting pool. I feel like MSU is a step down in the recruiting department. As crazy as it sounds, I think it’s easier to recruit at UK than MSU.

Reactions: The-Hack
I think if Stoops and/or Marrow leave it’d be for a program they can get elite talent in the recruiting pool. I feel like MSU is a step down in the recruiting department. As crazy as it sounds, I think it’s easier to recruit at UK than MSU.
Maybe so but it is easier to win in the Big 10

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT