ADVERTISEMENT

Beverly from NC State

Beverly showed his decision making by leaving OSU, and chose to go to NC State. Difference between UK and NC State is UK gets everyone's best shot. This continual why don't we have KY boys on the squad is a) several been offered walk in status
B) I seem to remember when we had carrier, Blevins, Chiles, heisenbuttle, Stockton..I mean you really need me to go on?
Our guards we went after we're young and quade, I can't remember the third one

It is very hard to be a consistent team with a short unathletic point guard. I'd rather have a PG who can apply some defensive pressure on the opposing PG, who can influence shots, and who can take his man off the dribble and finish at the rim.

We just need some good ole mountain white boys to bring back the glory back don’t we? What a joke. One and dones have brought the one of greatest periods of UK basketball since the 1950s. You can keep your mountain boys. I will take the top talent. Proof is in the results, something you can’t refute.

Under Cal players like Miller, Hawkins, and Willis all played key roles in good teams.

Beverly could've played a role too. This state so rarely produces high D1 talent, I'd like to see UK take them when we can.

Have you even watched the kid play? Plays a true point guard that can distribute the ball, stays under control and can knock down the 3. Would be a perfect compliment to Shai. Nothing like Baker, who is supposedly a knockdown shooter, not a ballhandler or distributor.
Sounds a lot like Quade Green to me

My point is the kid is better than what we have currently and would be here more than 1 year. He and shai would be great together, and he would be a perfect 4 year type player.
But is he better than 1 year of Wall, Fox, Bledsoe, Teague, etc

Has absolutley nothing to do with it. He is from Kentucky and very obviously capable of playing here, just wondering why he wasnt recruited?

The kid played his high school ball out of state at a prep school (I believe he left the state after middle school in search of better competition). So there never was any pressure from the locals for UK to recruit him, since he was never part of the Ky high school scene.

I don't think there was ever interest either way. We weren't interested in him. He wasn't interested in us. And our fans didn't notice him until he suited up for NC State.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluesnky
Under Cal players like Miller, Hawkins, and Willis all played key roles in good teams.

Beverly could've played a role too. This state so rarely produces high D1 talent, I'd like to see UK take them when we can.
He played in prep school out of state did he not? Once again, I have nothing against the young man and hope he has a successful career.

He played in prep school out of state did he not? Once again, I have nothing against the young man and hope he has a successful career.

Yes 1 year.

Correct. Similar situation as D'Angelo Russell. Technically they're from Ky, but neither actually lived in the state since they were about 13 years old. Went to high school out of state, played their summer AAU ball out of state, to them Ky was basically just a place to visit the family for Thanksgiving.

No. He graduated from pcc then went to prep for one year. Totally different

My point is the kid is better than what we have currently and would be here more than 1 year. He and shai would be great together, and he would be a perfect 4 year type player.
Most on here do not understand what you are saying. Luckily, this board does not represent 99 percent of actual Kentucky fans.

The kid played his high school ball out of state at a prep school (I believe he left the state after middle school in search of better competition). So there never was any pressure from the locals for UK to recruit him, since he was never part of the Ky high school scene.

I don't think there was ever interest either way. We weren't interested in him. He wasn't interested in us. And our fans didn't notice him until he suited up for NC State.

Played at Perry Central in Hazard from grades 7-11. Moved to Hargrave his senior year and spent 2 years there. He actually played on the same AAU squad as Brad Calipari too.

Marginal D1 players are not coming here under Cal. Those type players don't fit in with Cal's plan unless they just want to be practice fodder. Cal gets some of best recruits each year so unless a player like Beverly or Matt McClung shows some great stats in practice, they aren't going to play much.

Most on here do not understand what you are saying. Luckily, this board does not represent 99 percent of actual Kentucky fans.
True, but not in the way you think, if I’m understanding you. It sounds like you’re saying this board isn’t really representative of BBN because people here are too easy on Calipari (aka “sunshine pumpers”). I’ve told this story before. Towards the end of Tubby’s time here, when his approval rating couldn’t have been more than 50% on this board, the Courier Journal commissioned a statewide poll that found Tubby’s approval rating to be over 90%. The lesson was this board is filled with rabid fans, the kind invested enough to spend hours talking to complete strangers with nonsensical made up names Mojocat. Those are the kind of fans that think the coach who has won more games than any coach in the country since he’s been here, won more NCAA tournament games, been to more final fours, and only has 2 coaches with more national titles is somehow.....underachieving. Which, of course, is an idiotic take. The vast majority of people in any fan base, even a passionate one like BBN, are not rabid but casual. Calipari’s approval rating statewide is, my guess, over 95%. (If that’s no what you meant, please disregard all that. Heh)

Last edited:
True, but not in the way you think, if I’m understanding you. It sounds like you’re saying this board isn’t really representative of BBN because people here are too easy on Calipari (aka “sunshine pumpers”). I’ve told this story before. Towards the end of Tubby’s time here, when his approval rating couldn’t have been more than 50% on this board, the Courier Journal commissioned a statewide poll that found Tubb’s approval rating to be over 90%. The lesson was this board is filled with rabid fans, the kind invested enough to spend hours talking to complete strangers with nonsensical made up names Mojocat. Those are the kind of fans that think the coach who has won more games than any coach in the country since he’s been here, won more NCAA tournament games, been to more final fours, and only has 2 coaches with more national titles is somehow.....underachieving. Which, of course, is an idiotic take. The vast majority of people in any fan base, even a passionate one like BBN, are not rabid but casual. Calipari’s approval rating statewide is, my guess, over 95%. (If that’s no what you meant, please disregard all that. Heh)

The other aspect of this is the board in severely infected with trolls. It was during the Tubby days. Certainly it is now. They simply burst with glee every time they get a chance to trash any aspect of the program and masquerading as a KY fan is a good way to do it. Many have been outed like Cut-nuts or whatever it’s name was. That’s why there is such a discrepancy between board and public poll numbers.

Reactions: Mojocat
Welllllll, NC State has beaten UNC a couple of times lately....how have we done against UNC?

Dude... Roy Williams has a 27-3 record against NC State. Year before last, when NC State was paying for Dennis Smith Jr, UNC set a record by beating State by 51 points.

You really need to lay off the meth. Your paranoia and stupidity is off the charts.

Fans of the stinking filth can’t be trusted. It’s the ethics of that cesspool. Cheated for 20 years. Worst in the history of college basket.

You’ve defended them. You deny being one. See above.

Just sayin.

Edit: and most of The Filth’s recent wins over NC State came while the scumbags were cheating like dogs for two decades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT