ADVERTISEMENT

Beverly from NC State

tomrain

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 18, 2004
With all the talk lately wanting 3-4 year players here to balance out a roster. Ive watched this kid a few times this year and very impressed. He is taking to the Tar Heels today, starting PG. Was he ever looked at by Cal? From Hazard and Perry Co Central. Said in his Bio that he averaged 23 ppg in the State Tournament as a 7th grader.. averaging over 10 ppg, 38% on 3's and 88% fts, 88 assists to 32 turnovers. Not bad for a freshman starting in the ACC..

Reactions: EliteBlue
With all the talk lately wanting 3-4 year players here to balance out a roster. Ive watched this kid a few times this year and very impressed. He is taking to the Tar Heels today, starting PG. Was he ever looked at by Cal? From Hazard and Perry Co Central. Said in his Bio that he averaged 23 ppg in the State Tournament as a 7th grader.. averaging over 10 ppg, 38% on 3's and 88% fts, 88 assists to 32 turnovers. Not bad for a freshman starting in the ACC..
Beverly also had a postgrad year at Hargrave.

Welllllll, NC State has beaten UNC a couple of times lately....how have we done against UNC?

Reactions: tomrain
Agreed. He wants to get to final fours and try to win titles unlike NC State which hasn’t done shit with the Beverlys of the world.
Theyre 16-8, have already beaten North Carolina and Duke this season, with the possibility of beating NC again today. New season with a new coach. My point is he is the kinda kids everyone is wanting to see recruited. And to anyone with any common sense, its obvious that our bunch of 5 stars this year havent been capable of beating those type teams! Plus he was a 4 star recruit on his Bio, not chopped liver. Probably didnt have enough "length" or wasnt athletic enough to play defense.

Theyre 16-8, have already beaten North Carolina and Duke this season, with the possibility of beating NC again today. New season with a new coach. My point is he is the kinda kids everyone is wanting to see recruited. And to anyone with any common sense, its obvious that our bunch of 5 stars this year havent been capable of beating those type teams! Plus he was a 4 star recruit on his Bio, not chopped liver. Probably didnt have enough "length" or wasnt athletic enough to play defense.
He isn’t type of recruit I want to see at all. NC State will do nothing this year like every other year because they start players like him. Having said that, I sure as hell hope they beat UNC.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
8 years of 5 star players- 4 final fours and title
8 years of Beverlys- nothing
Talk about using common sense.

8 years of 5 star players- 4 final fours and title
8 years of Beverlys- nothing
Talk about using common sense.
Also add Arizona to the teams they have beaten this year. The kid is a freshman, 8 years of Beverly? What the hell does that even mean? He wont be jumping to the NBA after one season. 88 assists to 32 turnovers as the starting pg. How does that stack up with our current 5 star pgs? Its not like he is playing against weak teams either. Not at all saying dont still get the 5 stars, but Id bet my ass the we didnt even pay him a visit. This is what pisses most of the people off; except you sunshine pumpers!!

Also add Arizona to the teams they have beaten this year. The kid is a freshman, 8 years of Beverly? What the hell does that even mean? He wont be jumping to the NBA after one season. 88 assists to 32 turnovers as the starting pg. How does that stack up with our current 5 star pgs? Its not like he is playing against weak teams either. Not at all saying dont still get the 5 stars, but Id bet my ass the we didnt even pay him a visit. This is what pisses most of the people off; except you sunshine pumpers!!
We just need some good ole mountain white boys to bring back the glory back don’t we? What a joke. One and dones have brought the one of greatest periods of UK basketball since the 1950s. You can keep your mountain boys. I will take the top talent. Proof is in the results, something you can’t refute.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
We just need some good ole mountain white boys to bring back the glory back don’t we? What a joke. One and dones have brought the one of greatest periods of UK basketball since the 1950s. You can keep your mountain boys. I will take the top talent. Proof is in the results, something you can’t refute.

Could care less if he is from the mountains. Has absolutley nothing to do with it. He is from Kentucky and very obviously capable of playing here, just wondering why he wasnt recruited? My point was he is the type kids who would balance out the roster and actually contribute to the team. He is better than Quade right now. Ray Charles could see that. He was a four star player, not a project.

Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56
Could care less if he is from the mountains. Has absolutley nothing to do with it. He is from Kentucky and very obviously capable of playing here, just wondering why he wasnt recruited? My point was he is the type kids who would balance out the roster and actually contribute to the team. He is better than Quade right now. Ray Charles could see that. He was a four star player, not a project.
Baker was that type player. Cal couldn’t help he got hurt.

Baker was that type player. Cal couldn’t help he got hurt.
Have you even watched the kid play? Plays a true point guard that can distribute the ball, stays under control and can knock down the 3. Would be a perfect compliment to Shai. Nothing like Baker, who is supposedly a knockdown shooter, not a ballhandler or distributor.

Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56
His point is if you Recruit 8 years of Beverly type players you aren't going to get the results that we have seen the past 8 years.

His point is if you Recruit 8 years of Beverly type players you aren't going to get the results that we have seen the past 8 years.

My point is the kid is better than what we have currently and would be here more than 1 year. He and shai would be great together, and he would be a perfect 4 year type player.

Have you even watched the kid play? Plays a true point guard that can distribute the ball, stays under control and can knock down the 3. Would be a perfect compliment to Shai. Nothing like Baker, who is supposedly a knockdown shooter, not a ballhandler or distributor.
Shai is our point guard. And Green compliments him well. And NC State is going to lose. Just like they will in March. Just like they do every year.

No, I can obviously grasp that point. But it makes absolutely no sense? The point is this kid shouldve been recruited by Kentucky. Has absolutely nothing to do with NC States past records or what weve done in the past 8 years. He is from KY and is more than capable of playing at that level. If some of you would pull your heads out of Cal's ass you would realize that.. no sense in arguing with stupidity. Thats all

No, I can obviously grasp that point. But it makes absolutely no sense? The point is this kid shouldve been recruited by Kentucky. Has absolutely nothing to do with NC States past records or what weve done in the past 8 years. He is from KY and is more than capable of playing at that level. If some of you would pull your heads out of Cal's ass you would realize that.. no sense in arguing with stupidity. Thats all
He didn’t deserve a sniff. Not a sniff. He is where he needs to be and I wish him well.

State gives up 96 points. Heels trending upward nearing mid-Feb. here we go again. Roy doesn’t need the players UK and Duke get it seems.

He didn’t deserve a sniff. Not a sniff. He is where he needs to be and I wish him well.

And thats based on what? Your obvious distorted opinion which has no value based upon facts. Anyone who knows anything at all about basketball can watch this kid play and understand he could play here. Maybe we did recruit him, but I seriously doubt it. No sense in arguing with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. Ive watched him play 4 times this year and he is a far better player than Quade is right now, and would be a perfect backup or compliment to Shai. Sorry if he isnt your "athlete with Length" type. Who cant shoot the ball and has a very low basketball IQ. He would help us immensley this year without a doubt.

And thats based on what? Your obvious distorted opinion which has no value based upon facts. Anyone who knows anything at all about basketball can watch this kid play and understand he could play here. Maybe we did recruit him, but I seriously doubt it. No sense in arguing with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. Ive watched him play 4 times this year and he is a far better player than Quade is right now, and would be a perfect backup or compliment to Shai. Sorry if he isnt your "athlete with Length" type. Who cant shoot the ball and has a very low basketball IQ. He would help us immensley this year without a doubt.
You could pick 20 or 30 players like that. Doesn’t mean anything. And I would take Green over Beverly every time. Every time.

Reactions: rbky53

Not even many KY kids want to sit if they feel they can play.

Reactions: Chuckinden
They have won once since 2015. Kentucky has won 5 out of the last 8 against UNC. Want to try again or have me continue to abuse you?
And UNC won 5 in a row before that. Cherry pick much? As for Beverly, he is solid. Better shooter than anybody on our roster. Just came from the UNC-State game and saw him in person.

Reactions: tomrain
And UNC won 5 in a row before that. Cherry pick much? As for Beverly, he is solid. Better shooter than anybody on our roster. Just came from the UNC-State game and saw him in person.
Don’t cherry pick much. Cal wasn’t here those previous 5 losses. You can grasp that can’t you? And Beverly lost just like he and NC State will be irrelevant the next four years while he is point guard.

He should have. OSU is having a very good year. Their coach is one to watch in the future.
Right on the money with this one . We need tokeep an eye on hotlzman along with beard fron texas tech. Holtzman is from nicholasville from what i understand and he is great young coach

Kid is a really good college player. But as others have pointed out, they are not going to last here at UK. They'll be buried behind guys will higher ceilings and will only play if something goes wrong with recruiting or injury. If a kid like him comes to UK, he typically transfers unless he is garbage or just loves being a UK bball player.

IMO, he's a lot like Derek Willis. Willis could have went to a NC State, played a ton more (may have started from day 1) and enjoyed his occasional 1st round loss. He chose to come here, practice against the best of the best daily, eventually play some meaningful minutes later in his career (if Gabriel was a true OAD, he probably wouldn't have had that chance) and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT