ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul..

I predict Kim sets him up to go down as she seeks redemption. That call from Saul pushed her into action. I bet he goes down dramatically, but not being killed. Can’t see him just going to the vacuum guy again as that gives no closure to the story and it’s already been done.

Reactions: trueblujr2
Interesting observation from someone on Reddit.

The cancer patient in this episode that Gene scammed had $737,000 in his account…exactly the amount Walt calculated in season 2 episode 1 to provide for his family’s future, factoring in medical bills, his children's tuition, and mortgage.

As stated, I love these episodes the best. The dichotomy of Kim coming clean and Saul on the run is fun too! The Talking Saul show afterwards shows just how much the cast and crew have invested in their art as well.

Reactions: JDHoss
Interesting observation from someone on Reddit.

The cancer patient in this episode that Gene scammed had $737,000 in his account…exactly the amount Walt calculated in season 2 episode 1 to provide for his family’s future, factoring in medical bills, his children's tuition, and mortgage.

Wow those guys are obsessed.

Anybody else think Saul is going down in a hail of police bullets? At first glance that's how it seems, but they always have a plot twist. Also, does Kim just go back to Florida getting banged by the rube, jail or her ass sued off by Cheryl knowing she's living a life in poverty.
Who is Cheryl?

Cheryl Hamlin, Howards wife, Kim gave one confession to her and put one copy with the county clerk. Cheryl could sue her in a civil lawsuit. Did you watch the show?
I did watch it but forgot what her name was. i brought up the bcs cast but the site didn’t list her. thanks. i have last night’s episode dvr’d—gonna watch tonight so i can skip the commercials—as i always do.
The show is so good i hate to see it end.

Reactions: BlueBallz
I don't see how Kim could possibly set Gene up. She doesn't know where he is, and has no way to get in contact w/him.

I think Kim just goes back to her boring life, and then eventually commits suicide (I've thought for awhile that that is how she goes out)

Gene tries to fake his own death and go the Hoover route, but gets arrested instead.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Still trying to unpack that last episode. I don't think a TV episode has ever made me feel the way I did and still do as that one did. Just really drained. It's probably just the black-and-white but that last ep also gave me some David Lynch vibes.

Outstanding episode. Rhea Seehorn should win the Emmy this year. If she doesn't, throw those things in the trash. Even Carol Burnett was terrific.

Funny how Howard's wife was so checked out of her marriage and seemed like she couldn't care less about him, and she now is completely checked back in on what happened to him. If she sues Kim in civil court, she may sign her own death warrant, and maybe Kim's.

Saul Gone. Possible they foreshadowed his death with him being framed by the grave in the scene transition from the last episode. I think he makes another attempt to disappear, but the vacuum cleaner guy might be dead on the show now that Robert Forster passed away. Or perhaps those out of breath words in the finale preview could be his last words as he lay dying?

Or maybe he turns himself in to save Kim from being prosecuted, and she visits him in prison while he runs grifts and scams behind bars.

Pretty awesome writing. Both of them were somewhat settled in to their new boring lives, just getting by. Then that phone call happens, and as minor as it was, set them both on a path to total destruction.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Well, that episode was an 80 minute gut punch. GD I feel pretty drained after that one. The Kim scenes were such a tough watch, leading up to when she lost it on the bus. Ugh.

Pretty fantastic episode for one of the best shows I've ever been caught up in. Kind of fitting that Saul made his living taking advantage of the elderly and he finally gets caught up by some nee-naw. I kind of wish the finale was like 4 hours because it's going to be sad to see this go, but it'll undoubtedly spur on immediate Breaking Bad into BCS re-watches.
Kinda felt like this episode really wanted you to sour on Saul. When he decided to hang out in that house instead of leave, just kinda tipped him over the top. They don't want to end the series with us feeling sorry for his demise, just like they didn't with Walter White.

Cheryl Hamlin, Howards wife, Kim gave one confession to her and put one copy with the county clerk. Cheryl could sue her in a civil lawsuit. Did you watch the show?
I doubt Cheryl will sue Kim knowing she has nothing to take. I think it was thinly veiled threat and Kim probably didn't care.

What a freakin brilliant show. I’m going to miss this after next week.
I really think it might be the most impressive show I've ever seen. It completely stands on its own with incredible writing, great character arcs, and not a single wasted frame across six seasons, but it also enhances and provides greater context to the events of Breaking Bad. How many prequels can say they actually make the original material better? Based on everything so far I assume the writers will stick the landing with this last episode, but what they've accomplished is really remarkable.

I am almost certain Jimmy/Saul will end up in jail. Walt died, Jesse escaped, so one of the "Big 3" such as they were should end up behind bars. Saul is clearly the Chris Bosh of the big 3 but he still played a big role in the schemes/criminal activity for sure.

Pretty awesome writing. Both of them were somewhat settled in to their new boring lives, just getting by. Then that phone call happens, and as minor as it was, set them both on a path to total destruction.
I don't think it was minor. Yea he definitely turned into Saul again. she hasn't heard from him in 6 years, living a boring, mundane life. I think with him still being alive and saying mike, gus and lalo are all dead, and him saying why don't you go ahead and turn yourself in, I think that phone call just made her say I am done with it all.

Outstanding episode. Rhea Seehorn should win the Emmy this year. If she doesn't, throw those things in the trash. Even Carol Burnett was terrific.

Funny how Howard's wife was so checked out of her marriage and seemed like she couldn't care less about him, and she now is completely checked back in on what happened to him. If she sues Kim in civil court, she may sign her own death warrant, and maybe Kim's.

Saul Gone. Possible they foreshadowed his death with him being framed by the grave in the scene transition from the last episode. I think he makes another attempt to disappear, but the vacuum cleaner guy might be dead on the show now that Robert Forster passed away. Or perhaps those out of breath words in the finale preview could be his last words as he lay dying?

Or maybe he turns himself in to save Kim from being prosecuted, and she visits him in prison while he runs grifts and scams behind bars.
yea I think he tries to call vacuum guy and he is dead and cops catch him. He is in jail and she is on the other side of the glass. Telling him to be truthful and saying I just want Saul Gone and Jimmy back. He realizes it and pleads to all the crimes and she never filed the divorce paper work so she won't testify against him. He is teaching law school programs in prison for the next 20 years as sort of a redemption or does the grifts and scams because part of him will always be slippin Jimmy.

I doubt Cheryl will sue Kim knowing she has nothing to take. I think it was thinly veiled threat and Kim probably didn't care.
Surly Cheryl came out of that very rich. Only problem may be they will never find his body. So does she get insurance money?

I am almost certain Jimmy/Saul will end up in jail. Walt died, Jesse escaped, so one of the "Big 3" such as they were should end up behind bars. Saul is clearly the Chris Bosh of the big 3 but he still played a big role in the schemes/criminal activity for sure.
I could see Jimmy in prison and final scene shows him running scams in the prison and being content doing so.

Reactions: GrandePdre
Kinda felt like this episode really wanted you to sour on Saul. When he decided to hang out in that house instead of leave, just kinda tipped him over the top. They don't want to end the series with us feeling sorry for his demise, just like they didn't with Walter White.

Jmo but him hanging out in that house after he already scored the take was something way outside of Saul's usual behavior. Usually he was careful, stuck with the plan, and minimized risk.

Also looked like he wasn't wearing gloves when he went in despite giving the gloves lecture before.

Was he just sloppy? Losing it? Exhausted and subconsciously wants to be caught?

Surly Cheryl came out of that very rich. Only problem may be they will never find his body. So does she get insurance money?

It wouldn't be about the money, I doubt that she needs it at all. It would be like the Goldman's when they sued OJ in civil court knowing they would never get anything, but she would never be able to climb out of her hole again. Also, if she did make anything, she could take it from Kim in a heartbeat. It would be a constant reminder to her that, at least financially, she's done.

Reactions: Ed323232
Rhea Seehorn's breakdown scene was incredible and not to be dramatic, but I actually felt that. Kim appeared to be made of stone for so long, but eventually all that emotion will catch up and knock you on your ass.

I'm also jealous of Chris Hardwick, who appears to just be a tv show version of Ryan Seacrest. Get him on FX to host Talking Justified for that new series revival.

Chris Hardwick has made of a very good living off of being handsome and hosting things. He hosted Singled Out on MTV way back in the 90s with Jenny McCarthy and Carmen Electra. And he is from Kentucky (except I think he is a Louisville guy)
I think he was born in Louisville but raised in Memphis.

Reactions: Nightwish84
I think he was born in Louisville but raised in Memphis.
Yep. Have listened to his podcast and when he interviewed Tom Cruise, Hardwick mentioned he was from Louisville and Cruise got excited and said he was as well. Was odd hearing Cruise basically adopt Louisville as his hometown for one interview.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Writers def did a correlation between Hank and Hamlin and kim and skylar. Both Saul and Walt were the antagonists. Both were brilliant professionals that could have succeeded in life without crime.

Hank was a good guy whose death was a result of Walt. He was a cop and risk etc. Hamlin was a good guy whose death was chance because of their scam and other underworld dealings.

Skylar was a participant more or less against her will and ended up devastated and broken. Kim was more willing but would have never been that person without Saul. She ended up broken.

Walt and Saul being the reasons.

I argue against the previous poster that called Saul Chris bosh to Walt's LeBron.

Walter white would have never been without Saul. His story created the relationship that introduced walt to Mike and Gus.

Saul is the ultimate bad guy in this breaking bad universe. Both he and Walt were characters you routed for at first and ended up being the devils. Hank's death sent Skylar over the edge. Hamlin's sent Kim over.

Creative parallels. Great story. Can't wait for the finale.

I disagree about Kim.
Yep. Kim had it in her DNA and was taught the grift by her own mother. She was attracted to Jimmy because he was excellent at something she was born to do in the first place. Had they never met, Jimmy and Kim were gonna individually pull off some minor con-jobs and courtroom high jinks. Once they got together and started collaborating and getting off on it collectively, something devastating, i.e. Howard's death, was bound to happen.

Hell, by the end of it all, it became apparent that Kim was even better at it than Jimmy. None of the characters are really blameless on this show. I guess Hank Schrader and cereal boy are about as close as it gets. Yep.

Yep. Kim had it in her DNA and was taught the grift by her own mother. She was attracted to Jimmy because he was excellent at something she was born to do in the first place. Had they never met, Jimmy and Kim were gonna individually pull off some minor con-jobs and courtroom high jinks. Once they got together and started collaborating and getting off on it collectively, something devastating, i.e. Howard's death, was bound to happen.

Hell, by the end of it all, it became apparent that Kim was even better at it than Jimmy. None of the characters are really blameless on this show. I guess Hank Schrader and cereal boy are about as close as it gets. Yep.
The only difference is Jimmy/Saul could compartmentalize the collateral damage, whatever it was. Kim could not possibly do so in Howard's fate. That's why she is now so indecisive on even the most rudimentary things. She's petrified of making any decisions that could have ramifications on others.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Spinoff - Saul Goodman; Prison lawyer

Why waste your valuable yard time, writing up endless appeals? Let Saul Goodman do it for you.

Obviously it isn't going to happen, but Saul running schemes in prison, and acting as legal counsel has a ton of storyline possibilities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT