ADVERTISEMENT

Best plays in UK history....but it can't be a made shot.

Roger Hardin's full court behind the back pass to Blackmon 1986.
James Lee staring down the Russian Twin towers after destroying them with a dunk in the exhibition.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Going with AD's block against UNC followed by Jorts tagging Sullinger.

Reactions: chroix
Sky Walker's block to end the UNLV NCAA tourney game. If I remember right, he had just made a shot on the other end to give us lead and literally came flying like Spiderman out of nowhere to block the shot

These are all great plays. Love threads like this. Tai frogging Brad's shoulder for tugging on his armpit hairs was epic among plays made on the bench. Seriously though.....heck I can't decide.

My first thought was AD against UNC, but what about the walk he forced against KU in the final? Kansas kid made that three and that would have made it a one possession game.
Noel, a dozen blocks against Vandy.

Reactions: Blueaz
Davis' block against Carolina. Also, when he forced a hundred pump fakes against South Carolina and no one would shoot.

MKG's block against Kansas in the title game.

Perry Stevenson goaltended a free throw once.

There are way more but I don't want to ruin the thread.

That damn Stevenson technical was one of the many horribly stupid Gillespie calls I'd ever seen. Why not do a lane violation?!?! They can't give you a tech if you keep making him shoot it. God that was terrible. In other words, I still agree with your vote. :joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueaz
It's interesting that I can't think of a steal that stands out in my memory. I'm sure I'm missing an obvious classic play in which we got a steal, but I'm drawing a blank and no one has mentioned one yet.

JORTS tattooing sullinger has to be my fav. Love that kid, love that play, love that game.

Others:
ADs block on Henson.

Not the dunk, but the subsequent "call me" from Cousins.

AD making that one dude cut short his drive, head fake, spin, head fake again, spin again, realize he has no shot and passes back out.

JORTS tattooing sullinger has to be my fav. Love that kid, love that play, love that game.

Others:
ADs block on Henson.

Not the dunk, but the subsequent "call me" from Cousins.

AD making that one dude cut short his drive, head fake, spin, head fake again, spin again, realize he has no shot and passes back out.

Kentucky vs Kansas 1978
Tie game with 3 seconds left and Mac Stallcup calls timeout when Kansas has none remaining and gets technical foul. Macy hits freethrows and UK pulls off remarkable comeback win...
Same gane, but I will go with Dwight Anderson's steal and cross court save to Macy while flying into the stands for a wide open 15 footer with 10 sec left, setting the stage for the infamous TO.

Reactions: On-On-UK
Magloire ghosting the mascot of Miami of Ohio and running straight through him in tunnel at halftime.

1. The November 1983 UL game, when Sam Bowie & Melvin Turpin both blocked the same shot by UL player Charles Jones.

2. The Julius Randle assist to Aaron Harrison in the sweet 16 game against UL.

3. The day we saw Tubby Smith getting on an airplane & leaving here to take the Minnesota job.

4. The day Billy Gillispie got fired from here

5. The day Calipari got hired.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT