ADVERTISEMENT

Best PG's in the country right now

you still think jordan bone is the fourth best point guard in the sec?

you might want to retract that.....he is an elite point guard

right now the absolute key to tennessee.....there is not a quicker player in the country

Agree with other poster -- Zion is the most dominant player in CBB. Morant is great...but do we refer to him on a first name basis?

This should just be two tiered with Jones, Morant, Hagans, Winston and Waters in the first tier.

I heart Hagans but, given the season to date body of work, you just can't put him on a higher "tier" than Jones right now. However Hagans will be above Jones by end of season.

Ja is making up ground from being unknown in HS, not having YouTube hype and not playing on TV every night. Idk who is more dominant, but Ja is fighting somewhat of an uphill battle.

Lead guards are more important in the league than bouncy four men. Both are crazy good, but Ja can run a team, while I think Zion is best with another piece around him ie RJ.

Out of all your stats only one is true and that is A:TO ratio. Everything else hagans has better numbers.

So you might want to become a better public defender.

Literally every stat I’ve posted favors Jones so I’ll work on improving my jurisprudence and you brush up on that reading comprehension. Deal?

Literally every stat I’ve posted favors Jones so I’ll work on improving my jurisprudence and you brush up on that reading comprehension. Deal?

False.

I already posted the stats earlier in this thread or some thread debunking your claim Jones is the best pg in country.

No one talks about Jones minus Bilas, Jay Williams and Vitale...all dookies!

Jones didn’t even make the Naismith watch for defensive player of the year.

Every rival fan who refers to hagans' pre-quade-departure stats or season average should be given 1 stern warning and then a ban.

The difference is so night and day, and for such an obvious reason, that nobody with a grain of sense is dumb enough to think that period reflects his true level of play.

There are obvious statistical aberrations (like when Bledsoe was one of the better 3% guards in the country for a little while) and then there are changes which allow a player to show their true ability. This is the latter.

He's certainly one of the best 5 PGs in the country in terms of level of play right at this moment.

you still think jordan bone is the fourth best point guard in the sec?

you might want to retract that.....he is an elite point guard

right now the absolute key to tennessee.....there is not a quicker player in the country

Him and Harper are close, but yea, for now I still do.

Almost a month later, I wouldn't change my list yet.

I still firmly believe 4 of the top 10 PG's in America come from the SEC, that is astounding.

Love the resident trolls here, especially the Duke and KU fans.

I think it's pretty clear Kentucky has the best PG.

Ja Morant
Hagans
Carson Edwards
Cassius Winston
Shamorie Ponds
Tremont Waters
In no certain order, all above are great pg
Left some off for sure
Edit...markus Howard

Last edited:
To The UT fan questioning my decision to rank Waters over Bone:

Tremont's stats tonight @TAMU

36 points
7 Rebounds
3 Steals (leads SEC in steals per game)
1 Block

Reactions: JC43
Point guard number one concern is to win, be it through scoring or setting people up.

Reactions: musrat59
I respect this board's basketball knowledge. I really do. But for this thread to be on the second page and no mention of Coby White is absurd.

I respect this board's basketball knowledge. I really do. But for this thread to be on the second page and no mention of Coby White is absurd.
I think this is because of way Hagans owned him, holding him to 6 points n 2 assists 4 to in 30 minutes of play..that said he is a lot better than when we played him....he and Cam have UNcheat rolling

I think this is because of way Hagans owned him, holding him to 6 points n 2 assists 4 to in 30 minutes of play..that said he is a lot better than when we played him....he and Cam have UNcheat rolling

I'm not declaring him to be sure fire top 10 in the country. But he's at least worthy of being mentioned in this thread. His numbers compare favorably with many other players mentioned in this thread. He struggles some defensively but he's getting better and offensively, he has few peers at the PG spot.

I'm not declaring him to be sure fire top 10 in the country. But he's at least worthy of being mentioned in this thread. His numbers compare favorably with many other players mentioned in this thread. He struggles some defensively but he's getting better and offensively, he has few peers at the PG spot.
I get ya, I'm saying it's hard to mention a guard who was eaten up by our team. Most of us on here watched his lack of performance against us and wrote him off. But yes, he has righted his ship and makes UNcheat that more dangerous come March

so is hagans still the best point guard in the sec and bone the fourth best?

i just cant see where hagans is the second best point guard in the country

Reactions: Herromyherro
Jordan Bone is a top 5 point guard. Not many have the speed and ball control he has along with court awareness.

Curious to see what all the UK homers have to say now about Hagans and his top 3 PG in the country status.
Guy hasnt played well in a few weeks and Bone continues to do his thing.

Reactions: Herromyherro
Curious to see what all the UK homers have to say now about Hagans and his top 3 PG in the country status.
Guy hasnt played well in a few weeks and Bone continues to do his thing.

Well, you aren’t necessarily wrong but I think I’d work on my approach if I were you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT