ADVERTISEMENT

Best Hot Brown

Halle-halle-berry-1215469_1024_768.jpg

"Seasons", A local Corbin Restaurant has an Amazing one if you ever down this way.

Reactions: Mash 2.4
I've had the Hot Brown at the Brown Hotel four or five times. By far the best as it should be. Winchell's is pretty good and they used to also offer a breakfast Hot Brown on occasion. Ramsey's is pretty good too. Back when DeSha's ?? was downtown they had a version on their menu. It wasn't very good.

Hot Browns are bland, starchfests. Gross.

Blasphemy - stick with Brooklyn.

I've had maybe 3 Hot Browns in the past decade - if I'm doing a complete gut bomb, I typically choose something different...for that, I agree. But a proper KY Hot Brown from a place that knows how to make them is good eats.

They should just make that the standard Thanksgiving Meal around here, imo. That would be a good trade over the typical boring ass Turkey. Keep the other sides, of course.

Blasphemy - stick with Brooklyn.

I've had maybe 3 Hot Browns in the past decade - if I'm doing a complete gut bomb, I typically choose something different...for that, I agree. But a proper KY Hot Brown from a place that knows how to make them is good eats.

They should just make that the standard Thanksgiving Meal around here, imo. That would be a good trade over the typical boring ass Turkey. Keep the other sides, of course.
Will do, kid. Hot Browns are terrible.

Mine.
Basic roux but have to use about 1/2 pound of butter. Add a little chicken stock, then heavy cream. Melt in just enough Velveeta (yes, Velveeta) to give it a slight cheesey flavor. A little cayenne and paprika.

Prepare with ham, turkey or both. Prefer country ham. 3 layers of toast and ham, covering each with sauce. On the final topping of sauce, add strips of less than crisp bacon, two slices of red 'mater, and cover with grated parm cheese. Bake until golden brown.

Your stomach will have an orgasm.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Beaumont Inn In Harrodsburg is the best one I have had. Like it better than the Brown Hotel one

The original is still the best. Place called Gary's on spring (now closed) had a really good one.

Cheapside was pretty good...dont know if they still make them since it's called something else now

It was surprisingly good. Had melted cheddar instead of Mornay.

Bluegrass Brewing in downtown Lou offers a good Hot Brown. Goes great with their porter.

Some day, I'll hit up Brown Hotel for an authentic version.

Another good under one under the radar

Is Ramsey's hot brown smaller than it used to be? I just had one for the first time in a few years and I remember it being twice the size of the one I just ate

Mine.
Basic roux but have to use about 1/2 pound of butter. Add a little chicken stock, then heavy cream. Melt in just enough Velveeta (yes, Velveeta) to give it a slight cheesey flavor. A little cayenne and paprika.Prepare with ham, turkey or both. Prefer country ham. 3 layers of toast and ham, covering each with sauce. On the final topping of sauce, add strips of less than crisp bacon, two slices of red 'mater, and cover with grated parm cheese. Bake until golden brown.
Your stomach will have an orgasm.

Recipe sounds good but to me a "stomach orgasm" = power vomit [sick]

Is Ramsey's hot brown smaller than it used to be? I just had one for the first time in a few years and I remember it being twice the size of the one I just ate
I had my first one in 5 years: I believe you are correct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT