ADVERTISEMENT

Best Chips and Salsa

Not a salsa fan. I just want a really good nacho cheese like from concession stands to dip my Tostitos into. A bit mild but without sliced up peppers in it. The closest thing I've found so far is this.

iTIdFb6.jpeg

Still not as good as that bag of cheese they put in the cheese dispensers at the concession stands. Kroger deli used to have it but everytime I check, they always say they don't have it. I think they just don't want to deal with opening the bag and then having to put it all into a bunch of containers.

Not a salsa fan. I just want a really good nacho cheese like from concession stands to dip my Tostitos into. A bit mild but without sliced up peppers in it. The closest thing I've found so far is this.

iTIdFb6.jpeg

Still not as good as that bag of cheese they put in the cheese dispensers at the concession stands. Kroger deli used to have it but everytime I check, they always say they don't have it. I think they just don't want to deal with opening the bag and then having to put it all into a bunch of containers.
Frog Ranch salsa {from grocery}, Tostisto Cantino Style chips, frosty mug of Yago San Gria, THC of your choice, UK sports on TV...life don't get no better!

Outside of shitty Mexican restaurant recommendations this thread is turning into, does anyone here have any self control with the chips and salsa before the entree? I can count on one hand how many times I’m not completely stuffed by the time the entree rolls around. Typically going through at least 4 small red bowls of salsa in the first 10 minutes.
If they are in front of me, they're getting eaten. and yeah I've had the feeling full before my entree got there moments too, but that's usually when the restaurant isn't operating at their usual speed. That's one thing Mexican restaurants have over most places. The food comes out QUICK.

Homemade salsa is so easy to make. Get a jalapeño, a red onion, some cherry tomatoes, a yellow pepper and chop all that stuff up. Then add cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper and lime/lemon juice. Stir and you’ve got something a hell of a lot better than store bought. And if you don’t want it chunky, put it in a food processor or blender.

Reactions: Wesley91581
My daughter told me she ate Chipotle the other day and it cost her $20 for a bowl, drink and chips and salsa. She did add guacamole to her bowl but that is crazy for fast food. For her that was lunch for 2 days but that is 1 meal for a lot of folks.

My daughter told me she ate Chipotle the other day and it cost her $20 for a bowl, drink and chips and salsa. She did add guacamole to her bowl but that is crazy for fast food. For her that was lunch for 2 days but that is 1 meal for a lot of folks.
Yup it is I remember when I was at uk they had a coupon mint with Qdoba burrito and drink for 5 bucks

Rico's doggy. Available at any grocery.

Homemade salsa is so easy to make. Get a jalapeño, a red onion, some cherry tomatoes, a yellow pepper and chop all that stuff up. Then add cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper and lime/lemon juice. Stir and you’ve got something a hell of a lot better than store bought. And if you don’t want it chunky, put it in a food processor or blender.
I’d also suggest adding cilantro.

Gotta love when people on here become salsa snobs - I get some are better than others but like Wayne said it’s literally tomato/pepper/onion/spices.

I know everyone's favorite strip mall Mexican place will have better, but what chains, Mexican or not, have the best Chips and Salsa and/or queso?

Since there are multiple locations, I'll go with Mi Pequena Hacienda for Mexican spots and Chilis for a traditional chain. Qdoba has great chips, but I'm not a fan of their salsa.

This thread should pair well with the $1 Margarita thread.
My queso is the best with GV bite size chips!

Rico's doggy. Available at any grocery.

I'll have to look for it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last time I ate Tumbleweed the salsa it tasted like pure ketchup. Love their burrito deluxe meal as one of my favorite out of any restaurant. Miss Chichi's and Tumbleweed's waffle fries.
I go to Louisville monthly to visit my daughter and grandkids, and my daughter loves Tumbleweed. Here is a tip. Order the appetizer nachos, but instead of chips, get waffle fries for the base. Depending on the server, the may charge a little extra, but the waffle fries with the seasoned beef and cheese, along with the fresh jalapenos makes for a good meal along with a tall Dos Equis

Guacamole at Chipotle costs like $3 to add to a $6 bowl.

Garcia’s is Glasgow has some good stuff

My mom makes some killer salsa as well. A little too spicy for most. We go through many quart sized jars a year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT