ADVERTISEMENT

Beshear signing NIL bill into law this morning. Stoops/Cal there

I love Stoops and Cal being there for the signing. It gives the impression a Sicilian promise was involved.

tt0068646-1.jpg

love seeing our coaches there -

i dont know much about how the NIL system works though

could a player really sign a six figure deal ?

there are no spending caps?

if not ....holy shite

Reactions: SosaUK87
love seeing our coaches there -

i dont know much about how the NIL system works though

could a player really sign a six figure deal ?

there are no spending caps?

if not ....holy shite
Yes. Levi’s just signed one. Oscars agent said he has a 7 figure deal if he comes back next year.

I’m sure eventually, they will have to figure out a cap or this could get absolutely crazy(er).

Yes. Levi’s just signed one. Oscars agent said he has a 7 figure deal if he comes back next year.

I’m sure eventually, they will have to figure out a cap or this could get absolutely crazy(er).

HAAA!!!!
Man that’s awesome as far as i’m concerned

kind of wild wild west-ish too

damn - had no idea it was that big a deal!
i seriously thought this was a new pgm with tightly regulated spending levels snd ncaa oversight or something

thanks for the wake up call, sosa!

that’s some crazy shite right there ....SURELY they will struggle to regulate ANY spending now i’d think -

NCAA is a damn joke man -

If the coaches are happy that's all I need to know. Whatever you think about all of this stuff, this is where it's headed and if we want to win we've got to be at the forefront or get left behind.

Has anyone hypothesized that THIS pushed Coach K into retirement?

Bet it had a big influence!

Man - what relevance does the NCAA infractions committee have now ????

hahahaha - hell yes - amazing

HAAA!!!!
Man that’s awesome as far as i’m concerned

kind of wild wild west-ish too

damn - had no idea it was that big a deal!
i seriously thought this was a new pgm with tightly regulated spending levels snd ncaa oversight or something

thanks for the wake up call, sosa!

that’s some crazy shite right there ....SURELY they will struggle to regulate ANY spending now i’d think -

NCAA is a damn joke man -
I also heard awhile back that TyTy was looking at 7 figures too. Not sure how true that is.

Reactions: CastleRubric

I wouldn't go that far asnit being THE reason. But I do think it was definitely one of the factors. Let Sheyer deal with this new landscape. Remember Roy Williams came out and said as much. That it was one of the reasons he felt it was time.

I wouldn't go that far asnit being THE reason. But I do think it was definitely one of the factors. Let Sheyer deal with this new landscape. Remember Roy Williams came out and said as much. That it was one of the reasons he felt it was time.

Saban wasn’t happy either from what i understand

but that may have been more about Fischer (sp?) and his posturing at TAM

Saban wasn’t happy either from what i understand

but that may have been more about Fischer (sp?) and his posturing at TAM
Saban not happy because other schools can openly compete for recruits, and it's now a muuuch easier sell to get those guys that usually sign up to sit on Bama's depth chart to come elsewhere for earlier PT.

I dont even care that schools have been doing this stuff forever. What bothers is me UK didn't even make a half assed effort to play the same game. SEC is big boy football. Saddle up and make the effort. Now that we finally are look at the results we're seeing. And this is the most competitive era in SEC football in conference history. It's not like were taking advantage of some down mediocre conference. Athlon has us 4th in the conference in their preseason spring practice rankings for the 2022 season. Behind Alabama Georgia and Texas A&M.

I think they should get a percentage now and then the rest when they go pro or finish school/get injured for their career. That way they get a decent amount now but then have a savings for their future.

Would be a nice balance.

I think they should get a percentage now and then the rest when they go pro or finish school/get injured for their career. That way they get a decent amount now but then have a savings for their future.

Would be a nice balance.
I agree but it’s so tricky. Like I would be pissed if I was a player and that happened. You know? It’s their money. Really slippery slope.

Reactions: BigKari
If the coaches are happy that's all I need to know. Whatever you think about all of this stuff, this is where it's headed and if we want to win we've got to be at the forefront or get left behind.
And Cal is the guy for that.

One and Done. Cal championed it and did well with it for awhile.
Transfer Portal? Who was the first to really utilize it? Cal.
Now NIL Deal? Look ie who’s there and promoting it. Cal.

I know some fogeys aren’t happy with this, and I too think it takes some amateurism out of the game, but this is the way it’s going. And these kids deserve to make some money off. THEIR image and THEIR body, and THEIR performances. Period.

Kentucky can champion this. And not only shore up the programs, but make them thrive.

“Come to UK, earn your stripes, and you can maybe land a huge deal with a local or well known business.”

Heck, imagine you’re a transfer that has pro ambitions but not sure if you’ll make the cut. Come to UK. Give it your best shot. And if you dont make it, you still might make some major contributions to the team and your bank account.

I agree but it’s so tricky. Like I would be pissed if I was a player and that happened. You know? It’s their money. Really slippery slope.
True. But I could see that being a federal regulation at some point. For example. You make a huge bank deposit. It’s basically frozen for 72 hours. So, I could see some weird federal regulations being tweaked in the future to cap it or regulate it.

True. But I could see that being a federal regulation at some point. For example. You make a huge bank deposit. It’s basically frozen for 72 hours. So, I could see some weird federal regulations being tweaked in the future to cap it or regulate it.
Yep. It will have to happen at the federal level right?

Since most of these schools participating are publicly founded and owned I would say yes. Becuase states cannot delve into money control and currency matters, it would have to come from the feds.
Thought so and we all know how slow those flat footed fools are.

K was already having players paid. Really easy to figure out when Duke went on their recruiting surge passed us. Maybe he didn't want to play on an even playing field.

K was already having players paid. Really easy to figure out when Duke went on their recruiting surge passed us. Maybe he didn't want to play on an even playing field.
I’m still thinking he’s sick or something. Just unusual timing.

And Cal is the guy for that.

One and Done. Cal championed it and did well with it for awhile.
Transfer Portal? Who was the first to really utilize it? Cal.
Now NIL Deal? Look ie who’s there and promoting it. Cal.

I know some fogeys aren’t happy with this, and I too think it takes some amateurism out of the game, but this is the way it’s going. And these kids deserve to make some money off. THEIR image and THEIR body, and THEIR performances. Period.

Kentucky can champion this. And not only shore up the programs, but make them thrive.

“Come to UK, earn your stripes, and you can maybe land a huge deal with a local or well known business.”

Heck, imagine you’re a transfer that has pro ambitions but not sure if you’ll make the cut. Come to UK. Give it your best shot. And if you dont make it, you still might make some major contributions to the team and your bank account.
I'm no fogey, but I definitely skew that way as far as my opinions on a lot of this stuff goes. Definitely hate one and done.

But as far as this stuff, I've never cared. Could not care less if someone wants to pay a guy to play somewhere. As I said above, what pissed me off was that UK was never remotely invested in doing it for football. The few times we know of, they got caught, while the big boy programs in the SEC skated.

Yes, its fun to trash our rivals when they get busted doing it like Louisville, but at the end of the day, do I actually care? Of course not. People lambast Bruce Pearl for having a BBQ and hosting recruits. There's a lot of reasons not to like him, but I couldn't care less about something like that.

What's bullshit is situations like Will Wade. If it's against the rules then why are we still waiting on resolution from something we have ON TAPE from 2017. Asshattery

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT