ADVERTISEMENT

Benefit Practice 8/2/22

The contributions would be HUGE had the idiots provided video of the players on the floor. UK fans and supporters all over the nation would WATCH and contribute--but it has become a marathon of publicity for a bunch of tv idiots and NOT about maximizing return for the flood victims.

A total disgrace--and wlex should be made aware of their idiocy.

rr

The contributions would be HUGE had the idiots provided video of the players on the floor. UK fans and supporters all over the nation would WATCH and contribute--but it has become a marathon of publicity for a bunch of tv idiots and NOT about maximizing return for the flood victims.

A total disgrace--and wlex should be made aware of their idiocy.

rr
I didn't watch it, but just heard they are up to $2 million+. Not sure that should be considered a total disgrace.

It doesn’t make sense to do what they did. If you wanted to televise the benefit, that’s fine. Do it. But don’t sell it as if you’re going to show the scrimmage.

I wonder how many showed up at Rupp Arena to watch and how much was donated via that route?

And so University of Kentucky fails with production of an event again. They could also use some help with athletic apparel designs also 🤔

I actually think they made a mistake parading talking heads up to a microphone to say the same thing ad nauseam for two hours, if they had kept camera on the workout practice and scrolled "Please donate, click on this" I bet they would have gotten more clicks.

Yeah or heck they could have had the talking heads talk but kept the camera on the actual action on the court.

Oh well.

Toppin a freakin bucket!

And I said all spring and summer he would make 1 three per game, and almost every one of you said no because he only made 4 last year.

Reactions: University-6
I appreciate that the cause is greater than the product. I'm glad they raised a lot of money.

I still think it's lame to sell it as an open practice and only show bits and pieces.

Life will go on, I'm fine, please don't act like I'm sayin this is the end of the world. Just one of those things that could have been done better.

I appreciate that the cause is greater than the product. I'm glad they raised a lot of money.

I still think it's lame to sell it as an open practice and only show bits and pieces.

Life will go on, I'm fine, please don't act like I'm sayin this is the end of the world. Just one of those things that could have been done better.
Definitely

Reactions: Cats192
The whole event was fairly ad hoc and almost entirely unplanned. Raising money was the focus. If you live in Lexington or the area you were invited to come see. Even the most casual of TV broadcasts need organization, cameramen, soundmen, a director, and planning. The closest thing for this is almost at the level of someone using their phone camera to film a tornado on the horizon. We've been spoiled by the competence of modern TV.

Looking like:
Wheeler
Frederick
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar
Notice anything unusual?
Zero Freshman, in fact all Upperclassman.
This is an old school Kentucky team.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Looking like:
Wheeler
Frederick
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar
Notice anything unusual?
Zero Freshman, in fact all Upperclassman.
This is an old school Kentucky team.
This isn’t gonna be the starting lineup. Fredrick is gonna struggle defensively and cal won’t be able to keep Wallace off the floor. Toppin probably at the 4 but the way they utilized oscar I wouldn’t be surprised if he played the 4 at times with Kingsley or Collins at the 5

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT