ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Roberts update on Jarren Williams, who got LSU offer

I have to admit, @Grumpyolddawg I'm pretty envious of Ga having as much talent as they do. I really wish Kentucky had that kind of home-grown talent. We don't have a lot, and many of them are in Louisville, and they are tainted as UL fans from jump.

I try not to get too worked up over recruiting 11 months before signing day, but I have to admit...Mac Jones was my Wisconsin loss last year. I shut down the Twitter and logged of message boards for almost a month. It was a gut punch. I'm glad the staff landed Clark, though, as I think he's a leader with a strong arm...but I think Jones would have been a difference maker here. But, I'm not willing to trade having Dawson as OC to keep Jones as QB.

With that said, I'm torn on Williams. Our staff is staying intact, and from what I've read he absolutely LOVES Hinshaw, so I see no reason he flips...unless he's attracted to shiny objects. Hopefully we can put that UF streak to bed this year and start showing recruits (and the nation) that UK FB isn't your father's UK FB.

Clark was ranked a lot higher than Jones before Jones committed to Bama. I know that doesn't mean squat but most evaluators thought more of Clark than Jones before Mac got the Bama bump in the ratings. Don't sell Clark short.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT