ADVERTISEMENT

Belk Bowl

Thanks OP. My family and I were returning from vacation in the Dominican Republic on game day. Watched the first half in a TGI Friday’s bar at the Miami airport. Essentially missed the entire second half boarding the plane and flying to DFW.

When the wheels went down at DFW was literally right about the time Bowden hit Ali with the game winning TD. Happy to watch it all the way through this time around.

Last edited:
Watched the win over UL last night, the win over Mizzou today, then the bowl game. Still frustrates me that ESPN didn't have a camera on the VA Tech side to give us a view of the supposed fumble by A J Rose. Guess they needed all the cameras on the UK sideline so we could see Bud Foster. And they never once mentioned that he is a native Kentuckian or that he played college ball at Murray Stare University.

Watched the win over UL last night, the win over Mizzou today, then the bowl game. Still frustrates me that ESPN didn't have a camera on the VA Tech side to give us a view of the supposed fumble by A J Rose. Guess they needed all the cameras on the UK sideline so we could see Bud Foster. And they never once mentioned that he is a native Kentuckian or that he played college ball at Murray Stare University.
The camera quality for that game was abysmal, like 1980's bad.

Got it taped, or dvr'd, whatever it's called these days. Plan on watching it today with a big bowl of popcorn. I'll probably watch that last play about 50 times, that was awesome!

Twice early in the game the announcers mentioned how good Virginia techs recruiting class was. Their class is ranked like 83 I think. I looks worse or on par with the kind of recruiting classes Kentucky used to land that had us looking like an OVC team. Also looking at Virginia Techs and Virginia’s recruiting classes I noticed they only signed 3 players from Virginia between both of them. I’d like to see UK establish more of a recruiting presence in that state.

Last edited:
The Bowden-Ali pass on 4th down (to keep the game winning drive alive) makes me cringe every time I watch it. My 6 yo and I have watched that game in the background 3 times in the last week. He keeps wanting to watch it. And I keep letting him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT