ADVERTISEMENT

Beer and NIL.

gobigblue812

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2012
Posted on HOB[IMG alt="GravyEdge"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/kentucky/data/avatars/m/7/7556.jpg?1723802736[/IMG]

GravyEdge

Sophomore​

Gold Member
Hello, friends. As some of you may know, I am the founder of Gravely Brewing in Louisville, KY and have been a member of HOB forever. We even had a subscription (technically, my father's) to the print version of the The Cat's Pause before HOB existed. I was born in Lexington, raised in NKY, went to UK, and have since settled in Louisville. Since starting Gravely in 2017, we've hosted loads of UK watch parties, alumni events, bracket buster fundraisers, and more... YET, I could never figure out a concrete way to tie our product to an effort that supports UK beyond one-time events.

Enter Kentucky Blue Light, a light lager clocking in at 4.3% that's full of flavor while remaining incredibly crisp and refreshing. Designed for tailgating and watching games, I guarantee it's a brew you're going to enjoy. The greatest thing about it is that we did this in collaboration with Club Blue NIL, meaning proceeds from every unit or pour sold are going directly into the NIL. Easy (and rewarding) way to support the cause!

As for Club Blue, they've been a great partner to work with thus far. I feel pretty confidently that Club Blue will eventually become "the" NIL for UK Athletics and hope this co-branded beer and state-wide retail exposure helps solidify that as it's hard to compete in the new age of NIL when there are a half dozen collectives running around diluting the concentration of funds.

The plan was to go live on Monday but, of course, a leak occurred via my distributor and the cult of KSR was quick to pounce so today's the day. And some will ask why not a brewery in Lexington, to which I would say it's the University of Kentucky not University of Lexington! Lexington, IMHO, actually has a better craft beer scene than Louisville but I guess my blood is a just smidge bluer than the brewery owners in Lex 😏

PS. During this entire process, I think posting this info on HOB was one of the things I was looking forward to the most! Hope ya dig it! 🍻

Reactions: 270Cat
@GravyEdge, I live outside of Louisville, but really Enjoy your products. I've only been to your place on Baxter once, but have picked up a number of offerings that I've found around town in the stores. Great stuff. Knowing this I'll definitely be trying to get to your place more often. The one time I went was last year at this time. My Birthday is on Monday. But last year i decided I wanted to start a tradition of picking several breweries and doing a day of going around to each one and ordering a flight at each. I did that in Louisville last year and Gravely was my last stop. I had another planned, but I had hit my limit at seven breweries. We're hitting up the Lexington scene tomorrow for my birthday and I have seven stops mapped out.

Also, I bought a shirt from your place last year, but I was rather toasted when looking through them and found the only one left in my size, but when I got home I realized it had "SECURITY" in big letters across the back. Wasn't sure if that's on purpose or not. I still wear it, but nobody is going to mistake me for being Security, LOL.

Anyway, Great to see what you're doing here and I will definitely be on the lookout for that beer and I will do my best to promote it at our tailgates, help spread the word and encourage others to buy it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT