ADVERTISEMENT

Bears make Offensive Coordinator hire

Well one article said they wanted Coen as an offensive assistant (passing coordinator?)to that guy.
Surely he doesn't want to go from OC at an SEC program to passing coordinator. There were talks of him potentially being the HC back when Stoops was looking at the A&M job. I think someone will give him a crack at HC or he'll get another OC job in the NFL.

Surely he doesn't want to go from OC at an SEC program to passing coordinator. There were talks of him potentially being the HC back when Stoops was looking at the A&M job. I think someone will give him a crack at HC or he'll get another OC job in the NFL.
Question is: what has he done to even be in consideration to be HC?

Question is: what has he done to even be in consideration to be HC?
No one on here can answer that unless they worked for or played for him. His QB development and his offensive play calling/scheme are good to very good, tempered by smallish sample size and also knowing on field results are a function of numerous variables, many of which he has no control over. People who know football are extremely high on him, though HC material is more determined by management skills.

If he even remotely considers that move, he is dead set on getting back to the NFL.

Depending on whats going on behind closed doors, we should probably spend this season getting his replacement. I understand being ambitious etc but from a program standpoint you just can't build anything with an OC that is so actively looking to leave

Reactions: docholiday51
Well one article said they wanted Coen as an offensive assistant (passing coordinator?)to that guy.
I read that article. Said they may be approaching it from a ‘build an OC staff’ with up to 3 people in it and Coen has a relationship with Waldron from somewhere.

If they have a relationship, he would probably be able to be an assistant under Shane almost any year. I don’t see any of these offers as can’t miss opportunities

Unfortunately there are something like half a dozen NFL head coach openings. As soon as the teams make a decision on a head coach, Coen will pop up on the short list as OC for most of the teams.

i doubt we will know for three weeks or more.
Fair point. Sh!tnuggets, hope I didn't jinx us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT