ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest, who thought 'typical UK football....'

When Ole Miss went for it on 4th and 7 and scored a TD....?

I did for sure...

SO glad the outcome was different

Maybe Stoops has broken the curse...
At various points, hell yes. Wife and I went to a buddy’s house to watch it. She said “God you all are pessimists”.

I said that there could be a special study in the New England Journal of Medicine just on UKFB PTSD. Hell, just on UT games!

I have a lot more faith than I used to!

When Ole Miss went for it on 4th and 7 and scored a TD....?

I did for sure...

SO glad the outcome was different

Maybe Stoops has broken the curse...
That play and the Hail Mary pass in 4th down in the 4th that gave them a chance for the tie. Glad he missed the FG, don’t think we would have prevailed in OT but honestly that’s just experience of almost 50 years of watching UK football talking.

I couldn’t watch the game IRT, but I went back and watched afterwards. Then I read the last quarter of the game thread. There was a dark cloud hanging over it from about pages 25-35 or so.

In games like that, i try to think of the most bizarre ways UK could lose. When UK broke the UF streak, I imagined Robinson dropping the ball before the goal line and an OL pick the ball up and run all the way for a TD. That may have been the craziest.

The bomb to brown was an awful playcall and it worked out…after that I started to feel like it may be our day. Thats a low percentage “take a shot” 2nd down play call. It’s caught 10% of the times. You hardly ever see that ran as a must have 4th and less than 10 in college or pros for a reason. In do or die reasonable down and distance, you almost always see crossing routes, post, corners etc. a route tree with layers. After that…felt like it was just our turn to be smiled on

Reactions: ukalum1988
The bomb to brown was an awful playcall and it worked out…after that I started to feel like it may be our day. Thats a low percentage “take a shot” 2nd down play call. It’s caught 10% of the times. You hardly ever see that ran as a must have 4th and less than 10 in college or pros for a reason. In do or die reasonable down and distance, you almost always see crossing routes, post, corners etc. a route tree with layers. After that…felt like it was just our turn to be smiled on
Seemed to me that it was one of the only times Kiffin and Ole Miss left it one on one for our receivers. Glad he picked that play to do it. And really glad our line held up long enough.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Idk, It kinda made sense. Stoops said he and White expected Ole miss to blitz and keep Brown in man coverage. Get the ball to your playmakers.

When it was 3rd and 11 for Ole Miss, late in the 4th, they had it deep in their territory, I told my wife “either this play or the next, Ole Miss will get a 50 yard play”. Sure enough, they went for a 41 yard gain lol.
Oh we all saw this and expected it. You can't be a UK football fan and not expect the worst in the pivotal moments.

In fact, the fumble at the goaline was the most UK thing ever...until we miraculously recovered it but that would be a typical way to lose for UK.

When Ole Miss got that 4th down conversion off that hail mary. I was like, here we go!
I expected a pass interference more than an actual catch. Kind of like how I know to expect a late penalty for the Chiefs every time they need one. But that's neither here nor there.

Idk, It kinda made sense. Stoops said he and White expected Ole miss to blitz and keep Brown in man coverage. Get the ball to your playmakers.
I had to go back and re-watch it. They had a WR for the under near Brown, and a guy who ran a post that was open but Brock had already made up his mind and started the motion to launch it to Brown on the go route.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT