ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor's 2021 run to title

I still just can’t get behind it. Cal won a title too and had an amazing run for years. Drew’s team more recently has been bounced by a higher seed 3 years running and has been no different than us(I don’t care if you’re bounced in the first or second round).

Comparing records it just feels like a lateral move without the great recruiting. Without using the idea of Kentucky resources somebody please talk me into why he’s a good hire.

I get that he “did it at freakin Baylor” in the beginning but after 21 years, can we still use that excuse as to why his record isn’t very encouraging?
Okay. Who you hiring then? Seems like Hurley and Oats have turned us down. Who is a realistic better option?

Reactions: 4UK4Life
Donovan, Oats apparently wasn’t considered but there’s still time. I feel like if Hurley had been offered, we woulda heard something. Blue million media following this as much as us apparently. There are a few others that I personally like better. But it’s just my opinion in the end.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Donovan, Oats apparently wasn’t considered but there’s still time. I feel like if Hurley had been offered, we woulda heard something. Blue million media following this as much as us apparently. There are a few others that I personally like better. But it’s just my opinion in the end.
I like Donovan, and agree that he is as good or better option. That being said, I'm sure we've sent feelers. I doubt he's coming, but he's certainly someone you have to reach out to. If he and Hurley turn you down, I'm not sure Drew isn't the best available option at that point. He has a better resume than pretty much anyone else that's been mentioned.

I like Donovan, and agree that he is as good or better option. That being said, I'm sure we've sent feelers. I doubt he's coming, but he's certainly someone you have to reach out to. If he and Hurley turn you down, I'm not sure Drew isn't the best available option at that point. He has a better resume than pretty much anyone else that's been mentioned.
Apparently they decided there wouldn’t be time to put a roster together with Donovan so he wasn’t offered or contacted.

Apparently they decided there wouldn’t be time to put a roster together with Donovan so he wasn’t offered or contacted.
Which, although some won't want to hear this, is a reasonable take given the terrible timing of this cluster.

Which, although some won't want to hear this, is a reasonable take given the terrible timing of this cluster.
Also Seems like the crafts may have been the issue with the burned bridge with Cal. If what was posted is correct the crafts not looking so good in that one

Everyone seems to forget that coaches don't have to sit around and wait for the phone to ring. Their agent can contact the AD to let him know they are interested. Stoops did that. If Donovan, or anyone else, is truly interested, they will reach out to Barnhart if he hasn't reached out to them. It's not a one way street.

Also Seems like the crafts may have been the issue with the burned bridge with Cal. If what was posted is correct the crafts not looking so good in that one
Cowherd just said Musselman left Arkansas because of a falling out with one of their three major boosters.

Donovan is just 3 years younger than Calipari. He is already an "old coach".

I wish Barnhart knew something about the sports he oversees and could tell a good coach from a bad by something other than a resume. I'd love for us to dip into the well of young up-and-comers. Surely there have to be several.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT