ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Game Thread ( NOT Kentucky-UCLA)

This just in: Bryce Hopkins is a really good basketball player. Would be nice if Cal would have played him last year. Especially after he said he would play him more. After BH saved our bacon vs LSU.
He has good size against teams they’ve played mostly against. But he’s the typical UK player- you can’t have 3 Bryce Hopkins on floor. Providence is an average mid major this year.

Sounds familiar....seems I saw something like at UK back in the day

I know this will be mocked by some and I don't mean it as "wait until next year", but I think a big part of the issue has been he hasn't changed how he wants to play even though he hasn't had the players to play how he wants to.

Now it is on him to fix that, not passing out an excuse here, just stating a fact that he hasn't been getting the best of the best the past several years. He will get 1-2 guys, etc...not next year....those guys are the exact type of players he wants.

A lot of people look at their shooting percentage from 3 point range and see it's usually around 35% or so, but here's the thing, they're the #1 rebounding team in the country and it's because they get those ling rebounds and at least 3 guys are standing on the perimeter. So they'll have possessions where they get multiple three point shots up by good shooters.

I'd love to have that style here, especially if he three a full court press in there. He always has long, athletic players
Currently they have shot 29 total shots and 15 of those shots have been 3's. They only have 5 offensive boards. So which one's came off these long 3's?

You also say they rebound miss 3's well on the season. Which games are you saying they did this well in? 🤔

They are 26% from 3, but currently 64% from 2 and have gotten fouled 13 times, mostly when driving the ball. They are losing by 5. Why would you think it's wise for them to keep jacking 3's?

Currently they have shot 29 total shots and 15 of those shots have been 3's. They only have 5 offensive boards. So which one's came off these long 3's?

You also say they rebound miss 3's well on the season. Which games are you saying they did this well in? 🤔

They are 26% from 3, but currently 64% from 2 and have gotten fouled 13 times, mostly when driving the ball. They are losing by 5. Why would you think it's wise for them to keep jacking 3's?
They're they're #1 rebounding team in the country.

They look better than we did st this point in the game against Gonzaga.

The floor opens up when you space the floor with able shooters.

Other guys starting making shots so he had to go away from it. At least the game isn’t over at the half like ours was against the Zags.
Just because we sucked the 1st half against the Zags doesn't make Oates "defensive adjustment" any more effective. I get it. You were just trying to backhand Cal. It's everywhere in every thread. Cal doing it wrong doesn't make other coaches right. Grass is always greener I guess. I would like to play at the tempo Alabama does but they turn it over a ton and when they're off on 3's they can stink too.

Reactions: shodaman
Lol. Ok.

As he just took another one coast to coast for an and 1.

Are you saying he shouldn’t play over Collins, Livingston, etc…?? Come on.

Good for him. You’re probably one of the ones who thought Toppin was taking the next step in the Bahamas too.

It’s similar to Brooks at Washington. You don’t win games continually recruiting multiple guys like that to play at the same time.

They're they're #1 rebounding team in the country.

They look better than we did st this point in the game against Gonzaga.
So which games do you think they pulled in a lot of offensive boards from missed 3's? They didn't do it last game. Aren't doing it this game so far. So which ones? You made the statement, so you based it on facts of some sort, right?

The floor opens up when you space the floor with able shooters.
They shoot 34% on the season and are 26% so far this game. You might be using yhe term able shooters a little loosely.

Lead Belly prefers rock fights
It's odd you consider someone that prefers facts as picking a rock fight.

Reactions: shodaman
I know this will be mocked by some and I don't mean it as "wait until next year", but I think a big part of the issue has been he hasn't changed how he wants to play even though he hasn't had the players to play how he wants to.

Now it is on him to fix that, not passing out an excuse here, just stating a fact that he hasn't been getting the best of the best the past several years. He will get 1-2 guys, etc...not next year....those guys are the exact type of players he wants.
I know what you are saying, but the fact that next year is already a thing in Dec of this season is very telling imo.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I know what you are saying, but the fact that next year is already a thing in Dec of this season is very telling imo.
Exactly. We do that every year.
A bunch of high school kids are not going to just come together and dominate college basketball. Next years team has at least 10 losses written all over it.
Cal has a returning NPOY, multiple elite shooters and a freshman pg that is elite at all levels and he's struggling.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
I really don't want Gonzaga to win this game. The talking heads will build them up in March after they walk through their shit conference and they'll point to their wins over UK and Bama to do it.
I don't know the rest of their schedule, but I doubt there's more than one loss left between now and March.

Reactions: kyjeff1

Profile #1287 chimes in. Dude, just go away. The constant bans should be a hint that no one wants you here. NO ONE.

I really don't want Gonzaga to win this game. The talking heads will build them up in March after they walk through their shit conference and they'll point to their wins over UK and Bama to do it.
Yep, last year they were the overall 1 while going .500 vs the power 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT