ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball America Field of 64

It is hard to believe that losing basically one game can drop you that far.
Otis has played the 120th schedule in the country and won't have to play uncheat till conference tourney... except for Vandy their last 12-13 games have all been against teams that are complete jokes. I know they've only lost six games , but come on and UK can't get any slack for losing ONE game!!

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Cannot believe Florida moves to the # 3 National seed. Not getting them being that high, they have been swept by Auburn, and lost a series at home to Tennessee.

Florida has played a very tough schedule and have good series wins over FSU, LSU, South Carolina, Vandy, Ole Miss, but I agree that they also have a lot of mid-week losses so it's odd to see them that high.

UL's schedule has been absolutely pathetic, so it's somewhat reassuring to see the projections not agreeing with their absurd #2 ranking in the polls.

Florida has played a very tough schedule and have good series wins over FSU, LSU, South Carolina, Vandy, Ole Miss, but I agree that they also have a lot of mid-week losses so it's odd to see them that high.

UL's schedule has been absolutely pathetic, so it's somewhat reassuring to see the projections not agreeing with their absurd #2 ranking in the polls.
SOS at the moment is like 125...what I don't understand is that in losing the Ga series UK's went from 4 to 9.

By the way, not sure if anyone posted it or not, but the D1Baseball projections also came out yesterday. Looks pretty similar to Baseball America:
https://d1baseball.com/postseason/field-64-projection-may-10/

One big difference is that Baseball America has Miss. State in the top 8 and Stanford out, while D1Baseball has that reversed.

Here is my thing... there are only 4 teams in the RPI top 15 that are also ranked in the top 15 of the SOS. They are UNC, Florida, Kentucky, and Miss. State. Only 1 team has played more top 25 RPI teams than Kentucky and that is Texas Tech. Texas Tech and Kentucky are both tied top 10 teams who have played the most games against the RPI top 50, with 25. Miss State (12) has played 29. Kentucky still plays 6 more games against RPI top 50 teams. Texas Tech only has 3 games left and it is unlikely that Kansas sneaks into the top 50 (currently 61). So, Granted, what really hurts is that we're 4-5 against teams in the 51-100 range, but being a combined 15-10 against the RPI top 50 is pretty darn good, especially when 3 of those losses came against the number 2 team in the country on the first weekend of the season. in Chapel Hill, NC. That is an impressive resume and it will really stink if basically one loss to Georgia costs us the chance to host a regional and super regions (assuming we get to the supers).

Last edited:
By the way, not sure if anyone posted it or not, but the D1Baseball projections also came out yesterday. Looks pretty similar to Baseball America:
https://d1baseball.com/postseason/field-64-projection-may-10/

One big difference is that Baseball America has Miss. State in the top 8 and Stanford out, while D1Baseball has that reversed.

Here is my thing... there are only 4 teams in the RPI top 15 that are also ranked in the top 15 of the SOS. They are UNC, Florida, Kentucky, and Miss. State. Only 1 team has played more top 25 RPI teams than Kentucky and that is Texas Tech. Texas Tech and Kentucky are both tied top 10 teams who have played the most games against the RPI top 50, with 25. Miss State (12) has played 29. Kentucky still plays 6 more games against RPI top 50 teams. Texas Tech only has 3 games left and it is unlikely that Kansas sneaks into the top 50 (currently 61). So, Granted, what really hurts is that we're 4-5 against teams in the 51-100 range, but being a combined 15-10 against the RPI top 50 is pretty darn good, especially win 3 of those losses came against the number 2 team in the country on the first weekend of the season. in Chapel Hill, NC. That is an impressive resume and it will really stink if basically one loss to Georgia costs us the chance to host a regional and super regions (assuming we get to the supers).
CB3...that is pathetic if this happens!!

By the way, we got a 1 spot bump in the RPI last night thanks to the LSU win over Auburn. Would probably help us if LSU wins that series, but the catch 22 is that LSU is that LSU is also in the race for the top spot in the SEC. Should be interesting to see what happens with Clemson and Louisville and how that effects the RPI for those teams, as well as for us.

Yeah they suck so bad that they just took the series from Mississippi State. The week before they played UK they took Florida to the brink in all three games.

My question, now that State lost the series to Georgia, does that knock State from hosting a regional?
Our losing the series to Georgia knock us out temporarily from a national seed so surely this loss will put State on the road in the NCAA tournament, right?

Yeah they suck so bad that they just took the series from Mississippi State. The week before they played UK they took Florida to the brink in all three games.

My question, now that State lost the series to Georgia, does that knock State from hosting a regional?
Our losing the series to Georgia knock us out temporarily from a national seed so surely this loss will put State on the road in the NCAA tournament, right?

They have dropped to 24th in RPI. They are on the brink of losing a host, but can save it with a strong weekend next weekend and a strong tournament. We need them to take at least one from LSU. Then if we take two from UF we'd have a three way tie for first and would have the tiebreaker on the other two.

Overall a good weekend of help for UK. TCU lost 2 to OU. Clemson was swept. Mississippi State lost 2 to Georgia. All three of those who had national seeds should be behind UK now.

Overall a good weekend of help for UK. TCU lost 2 to OU. Clemson was swept. Mississippi State lost 2 to Georgia. All three of those who had national seeds should be behind UK now.

Unfortunately, TCU is still one spot ahead of us in the RPI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT