ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart on KSR at 1130

Arrivederci?

xKoQb7i.png

I am on the other side of this one. I think MB HAS to address the Kyle Tucker reports that Cal had funding for a practice facility and Mitch said no. I think MB has to address the fact that Cal wanted to increase his staff to add an "OC" and a "DC" but Mitch said no. I think he has to address that Cal wanted to immediately apologize to Stoops and Mitch said no. So I think Mitch is on the defensive. And I also think he needs to go. His stances on so many things are getting the entire program behind the times.

I am on the other side of this one. I think MB HAS to address the Kyle Tucker reports that Cal had funding for a practice facility and Mitch said no. I think MB has to address the fact that Cal wanted to increase his staff to add an "OC" and a "DC" but Mitch said no. I think he has to address that Cal wanted to immediately apologize to Stoops and Mitch said no. So I think Mitch is on the defensive. And I also think he needs to go. His stances on so many things are getting the entire program behind the times.
You nailed it

This is an incredibly long term process and project. And he doesn't have $30 million ready to hand him. He said he thinks he can get it. He absolutely would accept the coach's help with funding these projects. It's not nearly as simple as he told Cal no.

I kinda get saying no to the OC and DC thing. Like…we are paying you 9m a year…what do you do exactly?

This isn’t football where you have a 150man roster and the units are two separate units with a 1000 intricacies. You coach about 10 guys. And the same 8 man rotation plays both sides of the ball. He also has multiple other bench spots…if he wants to bring in a good young offensive mind then fire one of your old buddies. That’s just Cal tying to be “innovative” and “trend setter” and get credit for changing the game.

Now if the rest is true…I agree. Let Cal build the facility and let us get something back from all the players that used the school for 1 year and the $9m coach …build that public relationship. And Cal definitely should have made a legit public apology and explained that it wasn’t an either or but that he was saying ppl care about basketball here more than any other program out there and he duly supports Stoops and what the football team is doing on the national stage etc or something along those lines. Mitch telling him to keep his mouth shut just made it worse and drag out

Gotta give it to Matt Jones he isn't shying away from asking the hard questions.
I’m not a fan of him at all but you are right about this, he ask what we all wanted him too. Not sure we know anything more now than we did before the interview though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT