ADVERTISEMENT

Barney worries me

So far, I think he's handled this current situation perfectly.
Agreed. And I've said in two separate posts, that I think Mitch and Cal both knew Cal would not be the coach next season. And that joint press conference was a charade while they worked things out behind the scenes.

I'm terrified that it's Pope or ford.
It’s 100% not going to be Ford. Pope might be waaaaaay down the list that if we make it to him, we have bigger issues.

He hired BCG and then canned him 2 years later. The Cal hire was a great hire…the 2019 contract was a bad move.

Generally speaking, when you look at AD’s across the nation, his hiring track record, based on the amount of time he’s been here, is decent. I believe he knows his legacy is on the line as this will most likely be his last big hire here.

Reactions: PatWall
Actually his track record of hiring coaches is quite good. Many more successes than failures. The biggest problem is there is no obvious choice. Once you get past Hurley or Oats, you have a bunch of coaches that probably won't excite a significant percentage of the fan base. Finding the right fit when there are few homerun hires is a problem. I wouldn't want that responsibility.

Actually his track record of hiring coaches is quite good. Many more successes than failures. The biggest problem is there is no obvious choice. Once you get past Hurley or Oats, you have a bunch of coaches that probably won't excite a significant percentage of the fan base. Finding the right fit when there are few homerun hires is a problem. I wouldn't want that responsibility.
Most people in the fan base should and probably will be excited with whoever we hire. Anything will be an improvement over what we've had for the last 5 years or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT