ADVERTISEMENT

Bam

I don't trust Spo to develop him. He has a ton of DNP's on a team that isn't going anywhere despite him almost always playing well.
He started the game last night, but only because Whiteside was out.

There are a surprising number of NBA teams that seem to make no effort to develop their draft picks, and Miami has tended towards that category. Houston would be another one. Probably one of the reasons San Antonio has been a 50+ win team for an entire generation. Every guy they draft or sign, they have a clear plan on how to use and/or develop that player.

When having to guard Fox every day at in practice on a switch at UK pays off

Reactions: TM2013
Richards, Gabriel, Washington, et. al. should have this on continuous loop. That was an awesome defensive effort!

Bam defends the perimeter as well as any big man in this draft and didn't get a chance to show his rim protecting abilities because our scheme had him around the perimeter.

Also, he's 19, with every measurable tool in the world and a fantastic attitude, work ethic and personality. If he were from Greece or Angola he'd be a top 8 pick.

I think it's unlikely Bam comes back. Cal has been selling him to scouts all year, and rightfully so. He didn't show his full arsenal here, just like Towns and Davis and others didn't. In workouts, I think he ends up safely between 18-25.

His feet are incredible for a guy with his size and bulk, and he's a good rebounder who didn't show it for the entire season because his help down low was Willis and Briscoe. He's a four in the NBA, and his ability to switch on the perimeter, guard quicker guys, and still hold his own in one-on-one battles down low and for rebounds all translate well.

Plus, in high school, he was a face-up, drive to the basket type, similar to Julius Randle (I'm not saying he's as good in that area). We planted him on the block because Cal's best teams need that, (which is why it's a joke that people complain that he hurts the team for Draft Night) but he's more suited to a face-up 4 than a back to the basket 5.

Remember when he was the 36th prospect on the Big Board?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Great defensive clip by Bam, that was very impressive against a smaller quicker guard who happens to be referred to as one of the best players in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT